Sign in to follow this  
John Bonham

Atlas lyrics (ATLAS Discussion)

5 hours ago, Monty said:

So what lineup do we suspect is playing on this version? Or 99 demos as a whole? Same for HS? 

Still Freese or has Brain re-recorded everything at this point? 

Tobias? Finck? Bucket? Fortus came later? 

May has a guest spot, and Tommy and Dizzy are no brainers

Wouldnt think fortus is on em

Brain on drums, from the Atlas disc which is called New Brain Drums. The 1 minute cellphone clip that has extra guitar from a weeks back is apparently from the Rough Mixes 1.

DISCLAIMER: Above all true only if you believe MSL.

On 9/5/2019 at 3:09 PM, ManetsBR said:

The lyrics are ok, at least he is not advocating for selling babies like it happens when you finish reading that gigantic and expensive toilet paper that is Ayn Rand's work.

Leftist professors really got their hooks in you, huh? It's OK. They did it to me too. You're young and inquisitive. You'll figure it out.

Not an endorsement of Ayn Rand btw.

3 hours ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

This song reminds me so much of Catcher. 

I keep listening to it over and over and it reminds me of how excited I was back in 2006, listening to that low-fi original leak of Catcher over and over, imagining what Chinese Democracy would actually sound like it if it ever came out.

Thirteen fucking years later and I'm still wondering the same thing.

Fucking hell.  Thirteen years.  That's a long ass time.  My nephew was a toddler when I was listening to Catcher on my MP3 player....remember those?   Now the fucker is driving and shaving.   Reminds me of my all time favorite quote about the production of CD which I've shared many times, and I will again here:

Poptones: Do you think that Chinese Democracy is ever going to come out?

Barber: "I have no idea. Seven years ago, the record just needed a lead vocal and a mix. The last time I was at the studio was two days before my daughter was born. Last night she read all of ‘Hop on Pop’ to me. Some mysteries passeth all understanding."

Here we are...it's about to be a new decade.   2020.  It's seriously almost two decades since Axl debuted three new songs at the House of Blues, and here we fucking are still waiting to hear the rest of them.  Still waiting to hear what they were actually intended to sound like.  It's pretty mind-boggling.

It's really making me feel emo as shit, cause 2006 was a really good time in my life, and 2019 is not.  I wish I could go back in time hashtagmiserpost.

14 years of silence? 14 years of pain?

5 hours ago, magisme said:

Leftist professors really got their hooks in you, huh? It's OK. They did it to me too. You're young and inquisitive. You'll figure it out.

Not an endorsement of Ayn Rand btw.

hmmm, tell me what to read then, professor magisme. I finished Houellebecq and am an orphan now.

3 hours ago, ManetsBR said:

hmmm, tell me what to read then, professor magisme. I finished Houellebecq and am an orphan now.

I honestly don't know. I don't really read fiction anymore other than the books I teach. It was just the way you described Rand. It's basically the verbatim leftist academic's response to anyone who mentions Rand, 90% of whom have never read Rand. It's their way to preemptively plant the seed that she's an idiot, which prevents most students from reading her, leaving those who do read her to confirmation bias their way (Surprise! Surprise!) to the same exact opinion as their propagandist professor.

22 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

"Sheld me from the blind, still you managed to be kind"

Limited by syllables, our genius prince Axl created a new word - Sheld - which means the same thing as shielded but is only one syllable.

Is there any limit to his intellect? We knew Atlas would be game-changing, but language-changing?

Axl really brang the good lyrics.

On 9/6/2019 at 4:15 PM, sixes said:

Wouldnt think fortus is on em

If they were a few months before he joined, his nose will be on them, his body caught up with that hooter 9 weeks afterwards

3 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

"Sheld me from the blind, still you managed to be kind"

Limited by syllables, our genius prince Axl created a new word - Sheld - which means the same thing as shielded but is only one syllable.

Is there any limit to his intellect? We knew Atlas would be game-changing, but language-changing?

Sorry @uruguns and sorry @magisme

THIS nigga is the new prophet

44 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

It could also be a Mario Kart reference

"Shelled me from behind"

In other news, I still love Atlas as much as I did on Day 1.

atlas has the potential to eclipse prostitute in grandeur , but knowing the fat cunts lazy work ethic it probably will change very little to the released version. I  have listened to atlas every day since it leaked, sometimes on repeat.

cant say the same about hard school 

22 minutes ago, GNS said:

I  have listened to atlas every day since it leaked, sometimes on repeat.

cant say the same about hard school 

Same

It’s definitely not shit. How scraped and if the world made the A list and this didn’t truly boggles the mind. It’s meh, but it’s better than bleh.