Sign in to follow this  
Val

What are the top 5 greatest shows of all time?

In the back of my mind I knew I was forgetting something. 

I hate to use the term "at the time" but it's true.  

Unsolved Mysteries - Very good pre-internet scrutiny. Music was scary as hell.  

Chappelle's Show

Richard or David Attenborough's original show. Carl Sagan's could be but I've not really seen it.

SNL good/bad but overall a good value  

Ren & Stimpy

42 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

No.  I'm still confused.  Make it simple enough for TM to understand.

You guys still think about TM and Miser. How sweet ❤️. I'm sure that will make them very happy 😂

26 minutes ago, meatpuppet said:

In the back of my mind I knew I was forgetting something. 

I hate to use the term "at the time" but it's true.  

Unsolved Mysteries - Very good pre-internet scrutiny. Music was scary as hell.  

Chappelle's Show

Richard or David Attenborough's original show. Carl Sagan's could be but I've not really seen it.

SNL good/bad but overall a good value  

Ren & Stimpy

I forgot about Unsolved mysteries haha

My brother was obsessed with that show. I can still hear the host's voice in my head lol.

1 hour ago, Vlad said:

You guys still think about TM and Miser. How sweet ❤️. I'm sure that will make them very happy 😂

Despite their reputations, they had a knack for starting threads of off topic discussions that would go on for pages and pages from a single post. Miser especially.

1 hour ago, Vlad said:

Miser is still an active member here. He's just gotten btfo too many times recently to post much.

Exactly, he already has an account here. If he wants to post, he will post as Miser. 

So why bring them up?

@AxlisOld decides this is a Miser thread and starts pulling shit out of his ass lol

That guy is seriously obsessed with Miser. 

I don't know what's more annoying, them or the British douchbags at Mygnr. I'm sure they're all friends. 

Ok calm the fuck down @AxlisOld @EstrangedTWAT @Vlad

Are all good posters and i consider them friends.

@Miser has his issues on the forum but is going through some heartbreaking shit right now so

lets not be dicks to him when he is not doing anything wrong seriously my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

On topics Narcos is a fucking amazing show.

3 minutes ago, meatpuppet said:

Let's all simma down now

Breaking Bad

Mad Men

The Office

Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends

I'm on season 7 of GOT already. I want to find something new to watch soon. 

Deadwood is a show that has caught my interest.

I forgot to put Oz in my list. 

12 hours ago, Vlad said:

Exactly, he already has an account here. If he wants to post, he will post as Miser. 

So why bring them up?

@AxlisOld decides this is a Miser thread and starts pulling shit out of his ass lol

That guy is seriously obsessed with Miser. 

I don't know what's more annoying, them or the British douchbags at Mygnr. I'm sure they're all friends. 

Make Miser topics, get Miser answers.

16 hours ago, Vlad said:

I forgot about Unsolved mysteries haha

My brother was obsessed with that show. I can still hear the host's voice in my head lol.

Same here.

It was on after midnight here in Aus and I'd usually watch it heavily stoned or the like.

On 7/6/2019 at 12:24 AM, EstrangedTWAT said:

When I was a kid, people raved about MASH, Cheers, St. Elsewhere, Hill Street Blues......I wouldn't have the patience to sit through any of that now.  The pacing is completely different than what became the norm.

When I was in middle school, "Twin Peaks" was the hottest thing on TV.   Nobody had ever seen anything like it.  Now it's pretty much forgotten except for a handful of hipsters that love to talk about how brilliant it was.  (Yes, I'm one of them.)

In high school, the hottest shows were "edgy" comedies like Seinfeld and Simpsons, and even Friends.  ER was the must watch, most talked about show of the week.  I can't imagine trying to sit through all 19 seasons of that.  NYPD Blue was considered a masterpiece cause it showed ass and side boob and they said "shit" sometimes.

Just like the Sopranos.  It's OK, I guess, but it didn't redefine the universe like people want to believe.   It was only a hit cause there were tits, and swearing, and lots of blood. 

And now apparently Breaking Bad is the current champ of the "oh my god, this is unlike anything that's ever been done before."   I thought it was OK.   I didn't like most of the characters and for a "short" show there sure was a hell of a lot of filler.

The Sopranos wasn't good because of tits and gore. It was good because it had a movie budget and it was the first long running drama on TV that didn't suck ass. If you honestly think fucking ER and NYPD Blue belong in the same conversation as game-changing shows like it and Breaking Bad because you and your five virgin high school friends liked that they showed tits, you're a fucking idiot.

And Twin Peaks isn't "forgotten", it's held in extremely high regard and they even made a sequel series for it recently. But keep thinking you're a super special hipster because you like some old crime show.