Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
John Bonham

Lets talk about GREAT music

Recommended Posts

The Doors LA Woman. 

Start to finish. 

Morrison is drunk as fuck recording this, but the band was never tighter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds albums Murder Ballads, The Boatman's Call, No More Shall We Part

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, GnRLiars said:

The Doors LA Woman. 

Start to finish. 

Morrison is drunk as fuck recording this, but the band was never tighter. 

Roadhouse Blues made me want to drink like an alcoholic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, sixes said:

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds albums Murder Ballads, The Boatman's Call, No More Shall We Part

Dude! Murder Ballads is amazing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GnRLiars said:

Dude! Murder Ballads is amazing!

 

It was the album that introduced me to them. Have you ever listened to other albums by them? No More Shall We Part is probably my favorite album by anyone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, sixes said:

 

It was the album that introduced me to them. Have you ever listened to other albums by them? No More Shall We Part is probably my favorite album by anyone

Ive heard stuff here and there. 

An old roommate of mine used to play this frequently. I absolutely loved it. 

Such a cool vibe throughout the album. 

Great album. 

 

I will check out some more of his stuff. 

It's so easy now to discover new music with YouTube, Spotify and all 

 

No More Shall We Part will be top of the list. 

 

Thanks man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coheed and Cambria - Good Apollo, I'm Burnin Star IV - From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness

NIN - The Fragile

John Frusciante - The Empyrean

U2 - Pop

Drive Sountrack

30 Seconds to Mars - 30 Seconds to Mars

APC - Thirteenth Step

Dream Theater - Metropolis Pt. 2 - Scenes from a Memory

Dredg - Catch Without Arms

Rancid - And Out Come the Wolves

Dance of Days - Coracao de Troia

Matisyahu - Shake Off the Dust... Arise

The Receiving End of Sirens - Between the Heart and the Synapse

Thrice - The Alchemy Index

Alexisonfire - Watch Out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Radiohead: The Bends, OK Computer, Kid A, Amnesiac

Lil Wayne: Dedication 2, Da Drought 3

Cat Power: You Are Free

Wolf Parade: Apologies to the Queen Mary

David Bowie: Ziggy Stardust, Hunky Dory

St. Vincent: Marry Me

Pearl Jam: Ten

White Zombie: Astro-Creep 2000

The White Stripes: White Blood Cells, Elephant

The National: Alligator

The Strokes: Is This It

The New Pornographers: Mass Romantic

Interpol: Turn On the Bright Lights

Wu-Tang Clan: 36 Chambers, Wu-Tang Forever

Black Mountain: Black Mountain

The Smiths: The Queen Is Dead

Ghostface: Iron Man, Supreme Clientele

OBD: 36 Chambers

GZA: Liquid Swords

2Pac: Me Against the World, All Eyez on Me

Kanye: College Dropout, MBDSUTFKSJD

Michael Jackson: Off The Wall, Thriller, Dangerous

Spoon: Gimme Fiction

Pavement: Slanted & Enchanted

Neutral Milk Hotel: In The Aeroplane over the Sea

Feist: Let It Die

Beck: Midnight Vultures

Arcade Fire: Funeral

Wilco: Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

My Bloody Valentine: Loveless

Counting Crows: August and Everything After

The Hold Steady: Separation Sunday

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah: Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

Eminem: Slim Shady LP

Snoop: Doggystyle

Pretty much everything from The Beatles, The Stones, and Zep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, maynard said:

Coheed and Cambria - Good Apollo, I'm Burnin Star IV - From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness

NIN - The Fragile

John Frusciante - The Empyrean

U2 - Pop

Drive Sountrack

30 Seconds to Mars - 30 Seconds to Mars

APC - Thirteenth Step

Dream Theater - Metropolis Pt. 2 - Scenes from a Memory

Dredg - Catch Without Arms

Rancid - And Out Come the Wolves

Dance of Days - Coracao de Troia

Matisyahu - Shake Off the Dust... Arise

The Receiving End of Sirens - Between the Heart and the Synapse

Thrice - The Alchemy Index

Alexisonfire - Watch Out!

Pop is great and I like a lot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rolling Stones - Forty Licks

Black Eyed Peas - Monkey Business 

System of the down - toxicity 

The Punisher Movie Soundtrack 

Pulp Fiction Soundtrack

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive never been a huge Punk Floyd fan but David Gilmours guitar solos are nothing but perfect. Every single note is important if you change it you ruin the whole thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the greatest Brazil singers passed away today. Andre Matos, singer of Angra and Shaman. This is really sad. I was not a huge fan but man, that was unexpected. RIP Andre Matos @auad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, maynard said:

One of the greatest Brazil singers passed away today. Andre Matos, singer of Angra and Shaman. This is really sad. I was not a huge fan but man, that was unexpected. RIP Andre Matos @auad

Bad news to Brazil’s music. 

I didnt’ knew it until now.

RIP Andre Matos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2019 at 6:58 PM, GnRLiars said:

The Doors LA Woman. 

Start to finish. 

Morrison is drunk as fuck recording this, but the band was never tighter. 

I can't believe he was only 27. Dude looked old.

 

Maybe I lost my marbles but I feel as if people age slower these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, arnold layne said:

I can't believe he was only 27. Dude looked old.

 

Maybe I lost my marbles but I feel as if people age slower these days.

They do. 

Generally people are healthier than before so...

 

Morrison was a complete fuck up. That take a toll on a man's body

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never appreciated the Blue Oyster Cult as a teen, when I lived and breathed Sabbath, Zeppelin, Hendrix, Purple, Floyd, Alice Cooper and all their ilk.

 

They are right up there for me nowadays...it was cool to have another one of those love affairs in my thirties♥️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Doctor Dom said:

Never appreciated the Blue Oyster Cult as a teen, when I lived and breathed Sabbath, Zeppelin, Hendrix, Purple, Floyd, Alice Cooper and all their ilk.

 

They are right up there for me nowadays...it was cool to have another one of those love affairs in my thirties♥️

 

They are working on a new album

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...