Sign in to follow this  
Donald Trump

Guns N' Roses Sues Brewery! "Band reportedly doesn't want to lose their mystique by being mistaken for a brand that releases new product."

http://www.cnn.com/2019/05/10/entertainment/guns-n-roses-brewery-colorado-ale-trnd/index.html

Rock band Guns N' Roses has filed a lawsuit against a Colorado brewery for trademark infringement over a beer called Guns 'N' Rosé.

The band claims that Canarchy Craft Brewing Collective's Oskar Blues Brewery started selling the craft ale as early as 2018 without the band's approval, according to California court documents obtained by CNN.

Merchandise such as hats, t-shirts, pint glasses, stickers, buttons, and bandanas carrying the Guns 'N' Rosé logo was also sold, the band says.

In August last year, the brewery attempted to register the logo but abandoned its application when lawyers for Axl Rose and other band members argued it was "confusingly similar" to the Guns N' Roses logo, documents say.

Despite being asked to stop selling the beer, Oskar Blues reportedly refused and said it would continue until March 2020, according to the court documents.

As a result, the complaint argues, the band has "suffered and continues to suffer and/or is likely to suffer damage to their trademarks, trade name, business reputation, and goodwill."

That's because people might think the beer brand is somehow affiliated with the Guns N' Roses, the band argues.

"As of the filing of this Complaint, Defendant's GUNS N ROSE beer continues to be sold at retailers such as BevMo, and Defendant's infringing GUNS N ROSE merchandise continues to be sold on Defendant's website," reads the complaint. "Defendant should not be entitled to continue to sell infringing products and intentionally trade on the GNR's goodwill, prestige, and fame without GNR's approval, license, or consent."

CNN has reached out to Guns N' Roses lawyers and Oskar Blues Brewery for comment.

A tweet from the brewery's official account dating back to November 2018 describes the ale as "sticky prickly pear and floral hibiscus with a subtle hop profile."

UPDATE

Axl Rose offered no comment to CNN on his often delayed line of tequilla. However, earth creatures close to the Frog Rasperor and fast food enthusiast are claiming that he fired all of his worms after accusing them of living a trans lifestyle and not having the dive in and find the monkey attitude neccessary to deliver a tequilla worthy of the Guns N' Roses name. The worm has turned but the channel remains stuck on the same ol' shit.

He is right though. If they have no involvement , they don't have a right to sell this beer. Looks like flavored Mike's Ice Lemonade.

If it’s anything like recent guns n roses releases, you can’t wait to taste the beer , you try it once and then you chuck that shit in the incinerator.

4 hours ago, Alex Trebek said:

GNR_Glass_750.jpg

looks fucking rancid

like that lucky apple shit you get cheap at the liquor store

That logo honestly looks like some of the Ashba-era merch designs.

Based on that, I assume it's awful.

3 hours ago, GNR444 said:

He is right though. If they have no involvement , they don't have a right to sell this beer. Looks like flavored Mike's Ice Lemonade.

I agree.  It is their logo and "intellectual property" and this clearly infringes on it.  This is the alcohol equivalent of selling shitty home made t-shirts in the parking lot outside the show.

36 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

GN'R must have broken some kind of record by now for years active vs music released

No, TOOL still holds the record.

13 minutes ago, wasted said:

Tool should definitely not release any music. 

Agreed. Based on new songs, it'll be 10 000 Days part 2 AKA very underwhelming.

1 minute ago, Ragnar said:

Agreed. Based on new songs, it'll be 10 000 Days part 2 AKA very underwhelming.

I’m biased as I actively avoid listening to Tool. I can’t imagine waiting any amount of time to hear even one. I would pay not to listen to it. 

17 minutes ago, magisme said:

I think Faceberg and Tool are the only two things I've ever seen wasted 100% against.

I try to stay positive and not ever go on facebook while listening to Tool. This is probably how school shooters are made. Don’t ban guns, shoot Tool and facebook before they destroy the country. 

38 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

New TOOL album August 31st.

I think GNR have still released less than TOOL though.

They've released the same amount of original material. 4 full length albums and an EP.

Undertow, Aenima, Lateralus, 10 000 Days and Opiate versus Appetite, Lies, UYIs and Chinese.

4 minutes ago, Ragnar said:

They've released the same amount of original material. 4 full length albums and an EP.

Undertow, Aenima, Lateralus, 10 000 Days and Opiate versus Appetite, Lies, UYIs and Chinese.

But GNR has been active longer

On 5/10/2019 at 6:09 PM, EstrangedTWAT said:

I agree.  It is their logo and "intellectual property" and this clearly infringes on it.  This is the alcohol equivalent of selling shitty home made t-shirts in the parking lot outside the show.

Don’t get all high and mighty about parking lot t shirt sellers...

some of of the best concert t’s ive ever bought were from some meth addicted sketched out tweaker in the parking lot of the venue the real band just played..

imagine leaving a guns n roses concert and you bump into msl on the way out and for a split second you think he was one of the guys selling a bootlegged gnr shirt, when it actual fact he just attended the same show you did.

What a defining moment of self awakening.

I never thought that. 

I just assume everyone is there because I’m there. The band flew to the stadium because I decided to go. Then I blow past the merch stands because the “I’m Wasted...and you’re Not!!!” T-shirts are sold out.