Sign in to follow this  
kevin

The Walking Dead

I know this will be unpopular but i hate Carol and Daryl.

Wish

Beth and Tyreese were still around they were so much more likeable and seemed to have more depth.

I like Daryl. I don't get the crossbow thing. It's not really a combat weapon.

I think they should have moved across country at this point or gone through the city. The show is getting a little Lost.

I feel like the town boss character was a mistake but they invested so much in him that they had to keep him. They could have had a different subplot.

meatpuppet - you are watching these on Netflix, right?

DVDs. I've never used Netflix

You don't know what your missing.

That is probably true. I'm watching Season 5 now and  wanted to get season 6 but the prices are too high.

I'm just starting Season 5 and like what I'm watching.

So far the only real problem I've had with the show was Season 3.

The Governor storyline I thought the story line was just too silly. Take that out and I think the series is superb.  I didn't have as much of a problem with him when he came back later in the series.

You don't know what your missing.

That is probably true. I'm watching Season 5 now and  wanted to get season 6 but the prices are too high.

I'm just starting Season 5 and like what I'm watching.

So far the only real problem I've had with the show was Season 3.

The Governor storyline I thought the story line was just too silly. Take that out and I think the series is superb.  I didn't have as much of a problem with him when he came back later in the series.

I loved the episode where the Governor was been taking car of by sisters

and how he came off like a good guy and for a moment it seemed redemption was possible for him.

meatpuppet; you know you can just get the DVDs out of the library for free

I don't know why I didn't think of that.

I just finished season 5 and am not really happy with how things changed from the original episodes.

The show redeemed itself in Season 4 and first half of Season 5. I did not like how things devolved later.

I had a really positive picture up until Tyrese left. The show changed from an edge of your pants survival story (ex. going back to get Merle) to a boring suburban cop/family drama, extreme boredom mixed with low budget cinematography scenes of walkers in a warehouse. They invest too much in these stupid side plots.

This isn't as bad as Woodbury but still pretty bad because the whole show plateaus and they no longer have a purpose. Instead of "what will happen next" you wonder "what boring talk will happen next". It's like the writers have given up and realize they don't have anything else interesting to write.

Maybe I protest too much but this show isn't what it used to be.

The show redeemed itself in Season 4 and first half of Season 5. I did not like how things devolved later.

I had a really positive picture up until Tyrese left. The show changed from an edge of your pants survival story (ex. going back to get Merle) to a boring suburban cop/family drama, extreme boredom mixed with low budget cinematography scenes of walkers in a warehouse. They invest too much in these stupid side plots.

This isn't as bad as Woodbury but still pretty bad because the whole show plateaus and they no longer have a purpose. Instead of "what will happen next" you wonder "what boring talk will happen next". It's like the writers have given up and realize they don't have anything else interesting to write.

Dale Face :lol:

That was pretty spot on. I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. I can see why the farm was boring but I watched it at a fast pace instead of waiting for each episode during the year.

The show changed from an edge of your pants survival story (ex. going back to get Merle)

That is the quintessential episode of The Walking Dead.

Those damn Videos have made me angry.

I forgot how much i hate Dale.

Fuck Gardner Rick.

But lol to Coral that was outstanding CORAL CORAL lol.

what

At least I thought I recognized the ones from 4-5.

They killed off too many good characters. The only reason to watch is that I'm already too far into the series not to finish it. That and Lauren Cohan.

Anyone still keeping up with the comics? Shit's about to go down.

I am. :awesome:

the-walking-dead-156_cover.jpg

I squealed like a baby when Negan got out and immediately went back to his old ways. I was expecting some lame redemption story where he ended up helping Rick defeat the Whisperers and gained his respect.

I think Negan is going to destroy the whisperers and win back his followers. He will show Rick's people that only Negan can protect them.

Then, there's fat, shit Eugene, bringing God knows who into the fight. There will be some major tears :crying: in the next 6 months.

Just finished the sixth season and it was pretty good. I've kind of accepted the drifted tone of the show. I don't think I'll have time for the comics.

It does seem to be a repetitive story throughout I don't think Kirkman will ever find a cure for the outbreak or reveal what caused it so if you can accept that you should be able to enjoy it.