Sign in to follow this  
deelowbrown

Adler, WTF

Be sure to yell requests for Locomotive and Shackler's Revenge.

Really though, I'd go see Adler, especially if it's free. Drink a few beers and listen to Steven play the AFD songs properly... there's worse ways to spend an afternoon.

Steven just wants to get fucked up at a fair. That's really the pinnacle of life. Eating candy floss and drinking beer then going on a ferris wheel death trap. Then play AFD to a field of zeros. That’s living alright. 

11 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

he’s a great drummer

I would n't say he's "great" though the band sounded the best with him behind those cymbals.

He is playing my state in July but I already got tickets to go see Alice Cooper.

Those vids of him playing with Axl, Slash, Punk and the scabs show just how vital he was to the sound of the band.

Edited by Salsh Borski

I used to not see Adler’s greatness.

But with dreadful drumming on CD and the NITL It’s undeniable.

Plus he is super likable.

9 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

He is likeable.

hes just a guy who likes to have fun, not a bad bone in his body. All he wants is happiness 

11 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

It’s more the 80s production on AFD that lets the drums breathe. I was listening to some 80s U2 albums and they have the same thing. All those late 80s albums have that big loose sound. Drums are big and vocals aren’t fighting a wall of guitar. 

The 90s brought in a more guitar oriented sound. Drums were like the base to play off. AFD is more groove based. Which is strange that it is Duff who mainly doesn’t want to work with Adler the most. With Adler in it brings Duff more influential to the songs. 

Then by 00s everything had tightened up. Drums, guitars, vocals are all part of a ball of sound. Brain’s drumming on CD is amazing if you listen to it through everything else. Tracks like TWAT has phenomenal drumming. The production has really tightened things up.

I’m not sure about Frank, I see him as a combo of Sorum and Adler, he’s loud and loose, maybe too loose to be loud, but dependable energy. Can cover the spread. 

But there’s a point to doing live albums or doing the material live to keep them honest. That could work with a new GNR album, record the new songs live on tour then make the cd from those records. Axl does vocals in studio if needed.

NITL could be a great rock album in 2020 because live breathes life into all the songs. It’s really going to be bringing those CD songs to a wider audience. 

That's just too weird to watch the guy do Axl's moves like that while singing and looking like he used to.  I get it, that's the point of cover bands, but it's really weird.  They need Ashba to pose as Slash to complete the effect.

11 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I forgot the singer for his band was literally a GNR cover-band singer.

I'd still probably go see him for free.

What’s sad is the singer sounds better than Axl in the clip.

plus the bass player is clearly more of a man than Duff.

I’ve also noticed the songs have proper temp.

Once again fuck Frank. Fire his ass.  Bring back Adler or Sorum.