Facekicker

Star Wars - The Rise of Shit

9 hours ago, popcorn's snare said:

Which version?   Laserdisc rips or get the fuck out.  

Also, for those who haven't seen this, it's kinda cool (albeit yes, I acknowledge there's some corniness)-

Fuck your laserdisc rips, that's early 2000's desperation. Despecialized edition for the fuckin win.

Despecialized?  I will admit my knowledge of such things has fallen by the wayside.  However, as a side note (not a pissing contest, i swear) the laserdisc rips had extra featurettes that were never re-released.   But I'll have to check out this despecialized thing.

I'll just say it.  The Mandalorian's first two episodes are better than the Jar Jar Abrams and Ruin Johnson first two movies of the new trilogy.  There, I said it.  

1 hour ago, popcorn's snare said:

Despecialized?  I will admit my knowledge of such things has fallen by the wayside.  However, as a side note (not a pissing contest, i swear) the laserdisc rips had extra featurettes that were never re-released.   But I'll have to check out this despecialized thing.

I'll just say it.  The Mandalorian's first two episodes are better than the Jar Jar Abrams and Ruin Johnson first two movies of the new trilogy.  There, I said it.  

Dude, the amount of work that these nerds have put into it is astonishing. They ripped Blu-ray audio, took out crap that wasn't supposed to be there. They've gone so far as to track down actual film prints of the movie and scan them for HD, unfucked with scenes, just as the theater showed.

Cause those were soulless, lifeless, sterile "products" that were rushed into production with no script or planning by a marketing group that only gave a fuck about identity politics and nothing else.

This was a story that's seemingly crafted by people that care about and respect the property, who took their time with it, and wanted to make the best series possible.

Big difference when you get people who actually give a shit behind the camera as opposed to greedy corporate cocksuckers that only care about selling pajamas and sandals and bookbags in the Wal Mart kids' department.

How dare you! Kathleen Kennedy hired the best people to take charge of a franchise who's biggest fans were overwhelmingly white males

How could this team not have succeeded at that! 

20161119-skywalkerranch8400-h_2016_thr.j

6aw3vw8uep501.jpg

What little boy wouldn't want to play with action figures of Rose Tico and Admiral Feminist Manhater

rose-684_2048x2048_a0edb9b5-abf3-468c-bf

IMG_9476.JPG

Only even mildly interested because of Ian McDiarmid's involvement, however there's the extreme likelihood of them fucking up the character altogether. 

This may sound naive in the extreme, but if I was Bob Iger I'd have strained every goddamn sinew to make the sequels as good as possible on the basis that surely great movies = more positivity = more fans = more moolah for longer. 

Or (if they hadn't made the EU novels non-canon) just make a film out of every goddamn EU novel. Star Wars Cinematic Universe. Stories ready-made for adaptation.

But no.

21 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

Dude, the amount of work that these nerds have put into it is astonishing. They ripped Blu-ray audio, took out crap that wasn't supposed to be there. They've gone so far as to track down actual film prints of the movie and scan them for HD, unfucked with scenes, just as the theater showed.

I'll be curious if they removed the "Episode 4 - A New Hope" words in the opening crawl.  That wasn't put in until a 1981 re-release.  

Jabba the Hutt - A Star Wars Story

Jabba the Hutt's rise from petty criminal to vile gangster and the most dangerous spice lord on Tatooine. Jabba arrives in Tatooine in exodus from Coruscant following his assassination of a powerful guild leader. Together with his close friend, Ephant Mon, they quickly integrate themselves into the Spice trade on Tatooine. Jabba's cunning and ruthless streak brings a new level of violence to the desert planet, with the Hutt quickly making enemies at the very top of the criminal underworld. Aided by a motley crew of renegade bounty hunters, Jabba wrestles control of the Spice trade from the ruling cartel and quickly establishes himself as the most ruthless gangster in the galaxy, renowned for his cruelty and large hareem of young twi'lek exotic dancers. 

Directed by Quentin Tarantino

Starring Steve Buscemi, Jamie Foxx, Lucy Liu, Jared Harris, Crispin Glover, William Fichtner, 

1 hour ago, popcorn's snare said:

I'll be curious if they removed the "Episode 4 - A New Hope" words in the opening crawl.  That wasn't put in until a 1981 re-release.  

They did

48 minutes ago, Facekicker said:

Jabba the Hutt - A Star Wars Story

Starring Steve Buscemi, Jamie Foxx, Lucy Liu, Jared Harris, Crispin Glover, William Fichtner,

and :fataxl: in the titular role of Jabba the Hutt

no CGI required

The Rose character would've been fine if she wasn't so pointless, and instead actually was integral to helping the good guys.  Like, she's the only one who can reprogram the something er ather.  I dunno.  Anything.  It coulda been a pilot got killed and she has to drive the ship despite being a maintenance tech or something.  Or she has to hack R2 and 3PO to hide data or retrieve data.  But instead... she's just there... and she has some sort of crush on the black guy.

Speaking of the black guy... it seemed like he was going to be way more important than he was.  In the second film, he basically faded away from importance.  

I did feel bad for the actress.  It's not her fault.  She seems like a good human being.  It was the writers' and Ruin Johnson's fault.  She didn't deserve all the jerkoffs threatening her and talking shit on the internet.  

The Last Jedi was on tv the other night, and I gave it a second viewing (saw it at the cinema first time around).

It's even worse than I remembered.

Holy fucking shit, what a disgrace of a Star Wars film.