Facekicker

Star Wars - The Rise of Shit

I went to the movies recently and they had a preview for Star Wars. 

It wasn't so much of a preview as it was a bunch of scenes from older movies. There was maybe a ten second cut of the new movie and that was it. Isn't the whole purpose of a preview to show the audience a few sequences of the new film to let them decide if it is engaging or not?

Disney went, 'Well let them get all emotional over nostalgia. That will sell them.'

This makes me believe that the movie probably will suck if Disney doesn't even want to show any of it before it hits theaters. 

No but the new Sith Troopers are in all red and you know some fucking clown will make a comparison with Trump supporters at some point (ignoring the Empire having all red Imperial Guards back in the original trilogy) 

In fact I might write a wonderfully shit parody of a woke article and pitch it to some rag for the laugh 

On 10/26/2019 at 11:28 AM, Facekicker said:

No but the new Sith Troopers are in all red and you know some fucking clown will make a comparison with Trump supporters at some point (ignoring the Empire having all red Imperial Guards back in the original trilogy) 

In fact I might write a wonderfully shit parody of a woke article and pitch it to some rag for the laugh 

Please do this

I'd love to believe these stories of shitshow screenings for test audiences....but it seems like wishful thinking.

I can't imagine movies like Empire or Jedi were ever, ever screened for anyone other than Lucas' close friends before release.   Same with Episode One and the supposed disastrous edit that's documented in the making of.

Harry Knowles claimed to see an early cut of AOTC back in the day.   But the secrecy of those movies were legendary. 

But hey...this is Disney SW so maybe it's a different story.  But still, it's the internet age and EVERYONE talks....unless the test audience signed legal documents under penalty of death I can't see how they're showing eight different cuts of this movie to people and nobody's blabbing about every little detail.   All we have are rumors.

Yes this is an upcoming product, and yes it is expected to sell well.  I love me my trading cards, but I am passing on this one....lol

http://www.blowoutcards.com/non-sports/2020-topps-women-of-star-wars-hobby-box.html

2020 Topps Women of Star Wars Hobby Box

This Product Is Scheduled To Release On 03/25/20

Configuration: 7 packs per box. 8 cards per box.

Introducing Topps Women of Star Wars trading cards!

The first trading card release to celebrate the iconic and important women in the Star Wars galaxy, this set features an eclectic mix of all-female characters from heroes to villains (and even a little scum).

Look for 100 base cards & 4 different insert sets to collect.

1 autograph per box and 2 sketch cards per case guaranteed!

I only remember five women in Star Wars.

Princess Leia.

The chick on Hoth that says "Fire Ion Cannon."

Mon Mothma in ROTJ.

Oola, Jabba's green Twilek sex slave.

And the big fat bitch dancing for Jabba with like eight titties.

In my world, the prequels and sequels don't exist.

(But if The Mandalorian doesn't get ruined by being woke, I'll allow that one in.)

rewatched Revenge of the Sith followed by TFA and TLJ back-to-back

the acting and script in ROTS is dogshit to a higher degree than i remembered, but the world feels alive in a way that the sequels can't match. the score is 10/10. the sequels are definitely more enjoyable together than they are as single movies as they pretty much take place over the span of a few days (and i imagine TROS continues this). as films they're flat out better than the prequels, that much is indisputable. as Star Wars entries it's more arguable. TFA's score is weak but TLJ's is great, apparently because the TLJ score was done after the movie was finished.

my problems with The Last Jedi (and/or the sequels in general) can be narrowed down to a few major things:

1. the side quest with the side characters going to canto bight was too long and benicio del toro's character was entirely unnecessary.

2. floating leia. i have no problem with leia being a force user (even an adept one) but surviving in space is retarded, they could have given her a cool force scene.

3. canto bight. rather than making a cool vegasy world with lots of sleazy gambler aliens, they made a sterile boring gold city full of rich white people to make a political statement and the movie suffered for it. none of the planets are very interesting in the sequels, just shit clones of prequel and OT worlds.

4. the disneyfication of star wars. way too much of the porgs. one or two shots might have been funny. the dozen we got was more than excessive. things just "fall into place" in a very disney kind of way in these movies. remember when the ground conveniently split up between kylo and rey at the end of TFA? so dumb. then there's the wide eyed kids hooting and cheering during the chase with the giant horse things, straight out of a bad live action disney movie.

5. the whole "first order = nazis" thing is way too hammered in. we get it. be a bit more subtle. this goes for both movies. starkiller base was fucking stupid.

6. the cgi, when used, is very bad. worst offenders being the tentacle monster in TFA and the giant horse things in TLJ. CGI in the prequels looked much better despite being over a decade older.

7. most of the new characters are forgettable. finn and poe are alright. i like kylo.

regarding the whole "ruined luke skywalker" controversy, i thought the scene where luke had his moment with leia and 3po before confronting kylo and getting the best of him with the hologram was fantastic and the perfect sendoff for his character. all in all i don't think i have much of a problem with how the movie treated him though it could have done a better job justifying his attempt to kill ben.

tl;dr the mouse has indoctrinated me

On 11/18/2019 at 5:08 AM, magisme said:

I have the complete Star Wars collection on my hard drive. It's 3 movies.

Which version?   Laserdisc rips or get the fuck out.  

Also, for those who haven't seen this, it's kinda cool (albeit yes, I acknowledge there's some corniness)-

9 hours ago, popcorn's snare said:

Which version?   Laserdisc rips or get the fuck out.  

Also, for those who haven't seen this, it's kinda cool (albeit yes, I acknowledge there's some corniness)-

Fuck your laserdisc rips, that's early 2000's desperation. Despecialized edition for the fuckin win.

Despecialized?  I will admit my knowledge of such things has fallen by the wayside.  However, as a side note (not a pissing contest, i swear) the laserdisc rips had extra featurettes that were never re-released.   But I'll have to check out this despecialized thing.

I'll just say it.  The Mandalorian's first two episodes are better than the Jar Jar Abrams and Ruin Johnson first two movies of the new trilogy.  There, I said it.  

1 hour ago, popcorn's snare said:

Despecialized?  I will admit my knowledge of such things has fallen by the wayside.  However, as a side note (not a pissing contest, i swear) the laserdisc rips had extra featurettes that were never re-released.   But I'll have to check out this despecialized thing.

I'll just say it.  The Mandalorian's first two episodes are better than the Jar Jar Abrams and Ruin Johnson first two movies of the new trilogy.  There, I said it.  

Dude, the amount of work that these nerds have put into it is astonishing. They ripped Blu-ray audio, took out crap that wasn't supposed to be there. They've gone so far as to track down actual film prints of the movie and scan them for HD, unfucked with scenes, just as the theater showed.