Star Wars - The Rise of Shit

On 7/22/2020 at 3:05 AM, bacardimayne said:

Lucas did a horrible Episode I-III job as well. Wasn't he involved in Indy 4 as well?

Did people forget about Jar Jar Bings and SHIT? George had his 5 minutes. He is cool as advicer, but not as the CEO of new films. 

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know about the movie, but there sure is queer representation in those tweets.   What a faggot.

I guess I'm just too old and jaded, cause when I first saw Rey, my thoughts weren't "how'd this bitch get so strong with the Force?" it was "ain't no way a decent skinny looking broad like this would

Strong independent women good, white men bad?      

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, creed said:

Lucas did a horrible Episode I-III job as well. Wasn't he involved in Indy 4 as well?

Did people forget about Jar Jar Bings and SHIT? George had his 5 minutes. He is cool as advicer, but not as the CEO of new films. 

Better than Kathleen Kennedy.

28 minutes ago, creed said:

The prequels are flawed, yes, but you can look past the flaws and still find an enjoyable, cohesive trilogy with badass new worlds, aliens and concepts. This isn't possible with the sequels as TLJ and TROS are both an enormous mess and the worldbuilding is subpar and uninspired. The only moments that elicit any emotion are the shameless nostalgia callbacks that overuse the Binary Sunset theme. Jar-Jar Binks is only prominent in one of the three prequels. How do you feel about Revenge of the Sith?

Edited by bacardimayne
1 hour ago, bacardimayne said:

How do you feel about Revenge of the Sith?

As said before, i watched Episode I in cinema and was totally disappointed. So SW was done for me. Then I watched Episode VII on TV. I liked the cast and the style, but the plot was very lame. Han Solos death was superlame. 

Revenge of the Sith had only one good scene. But i didn't watch the whole thing, so i can't tell. It was probably the best of all the six movies.

2 hours ago, creed said:

As said before, i watched Episode I in cinema and was totally disappointed. So SW was done for me. Then I watched Episode VII on TV. I liked the cast and the style, but the plot was very lame. Han Solos death was superlame. 

Revenge of the Sith had only one good scene. But i didn't watch the whole thing, so i can't tell. It was probably the best of all the six movies.

and of course

literally schindler's list in space, written by shakespeare

5 hours ago, Wilco said:

Better than Kathleen Kennedy.

Everyone here thinks Back to the Future II and III, both Kennedy films, were great. But they need to throw away those nostalgia-tinted glasses and get with the program. 

Those movies sucked ass.

She has no business being anywhere near a studio. Fuck.

6 hours ago, creed said:

The only sad thing is that so many watched this shit. Episode I was lame, so I quit. I watched Episode IV on TV and thought: well, i like the effects and cast, bit this is as lame as Episode I. Just watch Harrison Ford's performance and his plot. It's sooooo bad. They killed him off so lame. I don't wanna even mention Mark Hamill...so out of character...and just idiotic. He was so pissed about the whole thing and told it in interviews many times. The young cast was also disappointed, but shut their mouths for obvious career reasons...

The writers in Hollywood are horrible. And almost every actor and director are overrated nowdays. I don't wanna see beautiful people. I wanna see good acting and emotions. That's the main problem about Hollywood. We're back in the 50s/60s. Beautiful people doing boring movies. Like Clark Gable, etc. Guys like Bill Murray with his acne face would never be a star nowdays. Michael Burton would never be Batman nowdays. Just because they are not beautiful enough. It's ridiculous.

Great analogy, plus you know you're right when you mention examples Miser actually likes

1 hour ago, Doctor Dom said:

Yoda fighting with a lightsaber is, was and always will be retarded.

No, it's not really, only if you are a boomer fan of the original films (which are also laughable, just like SW really is. Sorry but SW is and was corny as fuck)

Yoda fighting with Cunt Doku was the best thing on an otherwise super dated movie with super dated haircuts (just like the originals lol)

Still, from the prequels, only the first one is somewhat feels like a movie or even remotely resembled to the originals

Rest is subpar shit sans a few scenes mainly because poor CGI

The Disney era is a joke and serves nothing but an appeasing way to the neocon shills to made SW an SJW brand. Most of the OG fans were disappointed, newer fans were disappointed too (unless their name contains STEIN)

The Mandalorian fucked at least 6 films in the ass in terms of quality (even with the shaved gizmo yoda thingy)

For some reason the only thing which is quality throughout the entire series/franchise is the music. It always works and elevates (even creates) the film's atmosphere, big time

John Williams is GN... i mean he is Star Wars

2 hours ago, bacardimayne said:

I hate how all the hype going into AOTC was that Yoda was going to fight. His fight with Dooku is underwhelming, he just flips around a bit and saves the other Jedi from being crushed. His fight with Sheev in ROTS is a lot better.

Sheev...

Fuck. That. 

The original Star Wars was a true ensemble from the visual effects team, George’s ideas, Carries rewrites, Harrison’s worldliness, John’s incredible score, and so on.

The new trilogy doesn’t understand anything about what or why made the original trilogy so successful. 

The prequels are always gonna be tough for me. I wanted them to succeed so badly but they’re just the George Lucas show with absolute maximum corporate asskissing to boot. But at least they’re not the Disney trash. 

3 hours ago, Budd Dwyer said:

No, it's not really, only if you are a boomer fan of the original films (which are also laughable, just like SW really is. Sorry but SW is and was corny as fuck)

Well I guess I am a "boomer fan of the original films" but I don't see how that negates me thinking Yoda shouldn't be widdle diddling everywhere with a lightsaber.

The yoda scene is everything that’s wrong with the prequels. For starters, it’s unbelievable. No realistic whatever acts like that, let alone an old man. Then there’s the matter of fights in the original trilogy always being about character and plot. Yoda doing backflips was nothing more than ILM making a fancy looking cartoon. 

10 hours ago, Doctor Dom said:

Well I guess I am a "boomer fan of the original films" but I don't see how that negates me thinking Yoda shouldn't be widdle diddling everywhere with a lightsaber.

Afterall, Yoda is one of the most powerful Jedi ever

It'd makes sense, if and old Biden-Palpatine can be widdle-diddle his sithsaber while mothafucka Samuel L. Jackson getting fucked in the ass at the last minute....

10 hours ago, Waggy said:

The yoda scene is everything that’s wrong with the prequels. For starters, it’s unbelievable. No realistic whatever acts like that, let alone an old man. Then there’s the matter of fights in the original trilogy always being about character and plot. Yoda doing backflips was nothing more than ILM making a fancy looking cartoon. 

Yeah, realism can fuck right off, because CGI

The Yoda fighting scenes were one the best things in the prequels

Those scenes aged well, especially if you're looking what people into in youtube when revisiting SW

Nobody cares about emo Anakin or Trainspotter Hipster-Wan Kenobi

Qui-Gon Jinn with Neeson was the only real actor in the prequels, sorry

Part of the mystique around Yoda, The Emperor and even Vader was that the audience knew they were incredibly powerful without having to be shown it. Less is more. 

Yoda lifted Luke's x-wing out of the swamp in an amazing scene and that was it. No more was needed. It was an amazing moment for Luke and audience alike. 

Vader got more powerful and intimidating as the original trilogy progressed. His fight with Obi-Wan was kind of lame but you could rationalise it as him simply toying with Kenobi who was an old man at this point. But in reality it was the low budget production that resulted in it being like that. 

This is an amazing example of what it could have been like. This is amazing work, it looks official. 

In Empire however we started to see what Vader was really capable of, the way he force choked his own admirals and the brutal manner in which he showed Luke who was boss. Yet you also felt he was holding back. He only really lost it with Luke towards the end and he chopped his own sons hand off as a result. 

In Jedi we meet the Emperor and see Vader kneeling before him. But he is a REALLY old man with a walking stick. Yet everyone is terrified of him. 

Yoda warns Luke not to underestimate him but we really don't know what the Emperor can do until the very end. 

And it was shocking, pardon the pun. 

The prequels undermine all the impact of this in a really cack-handed way. 

Yoda jumping around with his lightsaber was stupid. People laughed in the cinema. It looked ridiculous. 

They turned the Emperor into a cackling buffoon. 

His laugh in Jedi was menacing. His carry on in Revenge was corny. It wasn't all bad. The way Palpatine armed himself with the lightsaber in his office was great. But the fight was awful. 

His transition into the Emperor look was terrible. Just fucking crap CGI. 

Then his battle with Yoda was just over the top. Some of it was good but his constant gurning and laughing made him look less menacing psychopath and more like a deranged clown. 

At least it wasn't as bad as the shit in the sequels though. 

1 hour ago, Facekicker said:

Part of the mystique around Yoda, The Emperor and even Vader was that the audience knew they were incredibly powerful without having to be shown it. Less is more. 

Yoda lifted Luke's x-wing out of the swamp in an amazing scene and that was it. No more was needed. It was an amazing moment for Luke and audience alike. 

Vader got more powerful and intimidating as the original trilogy progressed. His fight with Obi-Wan was kind of lame but you could rationalise it as him simply toying with Kenobi who was an old man at this point. But in reality it was the low budget production that resulted in it being like that. 

This is an amazing example of what it could have been like. This is amazing work, it looks official. 

In Empire however we started to see what Vader was really capable of, the way he force choked his own admirals and the brutal manner in which he showed Luke who was boss. Yet you also felt he was holding back. He only really lost it with Luke towards the end and he chopped his own sons hand off as a result. 

In Jedi we meet the Emperor and see Vader kneeling before him. But he is a REALLY old man with a walking stick. Yet everyone is terrified of him. 

Yoda warns Luke not to underestimate him but we really don't know what the Emperor can do until the very end. 

And it was shocking, pardon the pun. 

The prequels undermine all the impact of this in a really cack-handed way. 

Yoda jumping around with his lightsaber was stupid. People laughed in the cinema. It looked ridiculous. 

They turned the Emperor into a cackling buffoon. 

His laugh in Jedi was menacing. His carry on in Revenge was corny. It wasn't all bad. The way Palpatine armed himself with the lightsaber in his office was great. But the fight was awful. 

His transition into the Emperor look was terrible. Just fucking crap CGI. 

Then his battle with Yoda was just over the top. Some of it was good but his constant gurning and laughing made him look less menacing psychopath and more like a deranged clown. 

At least it wasn't as bad as the shit in the sequels though. 

Nice 4K picture quality

Still ALL CGI's are lame, especially if you consider the originals were done by manually "engineered" spec. effects

So this whole what is laughable and what is not is pointless regarding SW

I don't remember any laughing but yeah from the prequels, only the first one is actually any good (as a film)

Clone Wars felt like too cartoonish to me anyways

Oh and the old vs. young vs."reality"

I think it's more than clear that if you can survive as a long as the older characters, it automatically means you have greater power, so...

it was made by the boomer-era for then kid boomers and their even older parents, more a fantasy, than actual sci-fi, so who gives a fuck:smugpepe:

For example SW seems cartoonish from every aspect, especially if you consider by the time it came out, we've got the Godfather as in terms can a film go

SW was for the plebs and their kids

Fortunately you HAD to make an actual film and not a kid show, back then, because there were actual standards from movie goers, so there is some kind of quality story-telling wise, but SW seemed lame compared to other blockbusters from the era, more appealed for the kids back then.