Facekicker

Star Wars - The Rise of Shit

13 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

Yeah, so he made all his money, he made his movies, he doesn't fucking care.

I think as someone who invested a great deal of his life, time and money into SW he's probably pissed at what they did to HIS characters and the universe he created

8 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

I'm guessing several billion dollars makes the pain a little more bearable.

You'd be surprised. I'm not gonna into detail but I talk to a family who sold a business for over a billion dollars and watched as the business got utterly raped and driven into the ground. It's a very upsetting topic for them even 20+ years later and something they've tried their hardest to move on from, and as such don't like to think or talk about it. For people like that, a lot of their lives and their memories and their hearts are in the products they made. Seeing it's all being shit on - even with a billion dollar payout - there are some things that money can't erase. SW was very personal for George Lucas, something he cared about deeply. He's a very sensitive and introspective person. The only reason or at the very least one of the main reasons he sold in the first place was because of fan backlash and the utter hatred aimed at him after the prequels. It hurt him a lot.

Edited by Knuckles

Good to know you care about how sensitive ol' George is. Didn't realize you were so close, do you talk often?

If it meant that much to him he probably shouldn't have sold it then.

16 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

Good to know you care about how sensitive ol' George is. Didn't realize you were so close, do you talk often?

If it meant that much to him he probably shouldn't have sold it then.

The only reason or at the very least one of the main reasons he sold in the first place was because of fan backlash and the utter hatred aimed at him after the prequels. It hurt him a lot.

9 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

Miser trying to paint Lucas as a wronged Saint. 

Laughing. My. Ass. Off. 

George Lucas is a wronged saint and anyone who's ever trashed the prequels should be taking part in daily apology rituals to a Lucas shrine.

But not because Miser says so.

I don't feel BAD for the guy, but I definitely think they treated him and his work pretty shittily.

He was basically an Axl-level tyrant surrounded by yes men for most of his adult life, so he's probably all fucked up in the head too, but man, can you imagine how awesome it would be to shoot the shit with him about Star Wars for a few hours?

Tyrant? How? He just wanted to make his movies, and with all things considered he seems to be one of the most normal people in "Hollywood". He started off doing indie films and then Star Wars blew the fuck up, but he kept doing things his way and made fuck you money regardless. The worst thing he's ever done is probably the OT edits, but you can download flawless 4K transfers of SW and ROTJ (ESB coming soon) in their original forms so who cares? You not liking the prequels or his interpretation of Han Solo doesn't make Lucas a tyrant.

on a lighter note

q4hvhbhxx2h41.jpg

Edited by Dr. Strangelove