Facekicker

Star Wars - The Rise of Shit

4 hours ago, popcorn's snare said:

Bullseye.  The prequels are better than the sequels because the root elements of REAL star wars were still there.  You still had the same guy who created the originals helming the direction.  

Are the prequels bad?  Absolutely.  But the last two Star Wars movies have been straight fan fiction.  I'll just barely give force awakens a pass.  Hey let's kill off Han, Leia, and Luke.  Fuck that.  FUUUUCK that.  Oh and they killed off rylo ken too?  And palpatine's grand daughter changes her last name?  Yeah, brilliant.

To be fair, Ford was REALLY pushing for Solo to die in Jedi, so they gave him what he wanted when he returned.

3 hours ago, popcorn's snare said:

That is true.  But killing luke with astral projection fatigue, I draw the line.  

We don't talk about Rian Johnson raping the series. I mean, we do, but there's a lot of contempt.

I love how in TROS especially, they just arrive at where they need to be immediately.

They find the needle in the haystack straight away, then the roof shakes and the baddies are there, and then they zip off to find the next needle.

At least they had to go through a bit of shit to get where they had to go in the original movies...but in these ones they just waltz in and out of these super heavily fortified locations without much hassle at all.

How easy was it for them to blow up the death err starkiller base in TFA?

What the fuck goes on when Finn and Rose are about to be executed in TLJ?

What about most of everything that happened in TROS?

As I said earlier, it's all like it's written by six year olds playing Star Wars dollies.

I thought TLJ handled Luke's character and ending pretty well for the most part (alien nipples and ridiculous decision to prosecute Ben's thought-crime notwithstanding) but it was a terrible move for the franchise to go forward with killing Luke in the second-to-last film in the series. Had they not done that they could have at least salvaged TROS by having Luke as a front and center main character leading the charge against the First Order with a laser sword.

As someone or other pointed out, Rey being a Palpatine and being the last one standing means the Skywalker line is dead but the Palpatine line - stupid name appropriation aside - survives. 

Also when Rey was reflecting Sheev's lighting back at him, why didn't he just... Stop sending it? Or aim it at her knees. But listing every illogical thing about this would fill up a second Internet, so I'll stop here. 

After having some time to think about this film I think it has cool moments but JJ was too busy have a rage wank trying undo TLJ that he made an underwhelming mess. 

14 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

After having some time to think about this film I think it has cool moments but JJ was too busy have a rage wank trying undo TLJ that he made an underwhelming mess. 

He made an underwhelming mess because he had to wrap up the story in one movie and TLJ left him nothing to work with. The movie was long as shit and still needed faster pacing than ROTS because so much fucking shit has to be dealt with. I genuinely think they should have just made it a two-parter, with the first part devoted to canceling TLJ and ending with the revelation that Palpatine is alive, and then the second (Episode 10) revolving around a massive galactic war with Palpatine's fleet.

I still lol whenever I remember that Galaxy Fleet scene. It could have been like Endgame's portals scene, but Disney/JJ/Rian failed to create a world with any memorable characters in it, so the fleet is just a bunch of anonymous ships with a 0.5 second shot of Wedge Antilles and some Episode 9 characters no one gives a fuck about.

Edited by Dr. Strangelove

3 hours ago, Facekicker said:

I really want to know what Lucas thinks of this shit. 

💰 💰 💰 💰

1 hour ago, AxlisOld said:

💰 💰 💰 💰

He doesn't have any ownership or stake in the films or company at all anymore. He also donated the entirety of the $4 bil he made from the sale to charity*, and retains only 2% share in Disney. All he retains that are worth much are royalties to the original trilogy characters, which as you notice, the sequel trilogy went out of its way to either marginalize or kill off.

*=http://www.huffpost.com/entry/george-lucas-donate-4-billion_n_2067145

Edited by Knuckles

Yeah, so he made all his money, he made his movies, he doesn't fucking care.

18 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

He made an underwhelming mess because he had to wrap up the story in one movie and TLJ left him nothing to work with. The movie was long as shit and still needed faster pacing than ROTS because so much fucking shit has to be dealt with. I genuinely think they should have just made it a two-parter, with the first part devoted to canceling TLJ and ending with the revelation that Palpatine is alive, and then the second (Episode 10) revolving around a massive galactic war with Palpatine's fleet.

I still lol whenever I remember that Galaxy Fleet scene. It could have been like Endgame's portals scene, but Disney/JJ/Rian failed to create a world with any memorable characters in it, so the fleet is just a bunch of anonymous ships with a 0.5 second shot of Wedge Antilles and some Episode 9 characters no one gives a fuck about.

A two part film would have probably been better, but also JJ could have not shat the bed and led to where TLJ was clearly leading, Kylo being the main villain. Their perceived need to redeem him made them bring Palpatine back and I think it was a bad decision, even though I enjoyed seeing Ian again. 

Edited by Jw224