Jump to content
Facekicker

Star Wars - The Rise of Shit

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, bran said:

Is this show any good?

Yes.  It's awesome.  It's the best Start Wars product in a long time.  Yes the 4th episode was a dip in quality, but not so much that it killed the show's momentum.  It was just a little side quest, and by the end,

Spoiler

they're on their way again and off to another planet.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

The Mandalorian Se01 Ep05

Directed by Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars )

 

The Mandalorian helps a rookie bounty hunter who is in over his head.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John Bonham said:

The movies are also commercials for the toys, clothing, video games, etc.

 

If you Make better movies it stands to reason that you will sell more swag

True. 

 

And the toy sales for the sequels have been a disaster too. 

 

I was in a toy shop this weekend actually and was surprised that there was barely any Rise of Skywalker toys on display. 

 

It was all Fortnite, Marvel, Lego etc 

 

With previous Star Wars movies the toys utterly dominated at Christmas. 

 

Looks like the kids aren't interested in a Rose Tico action figure 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Facekicker said:

True. 

 

And the toy sales for the sequels have been a disaster too. 

 

I was in a toy shop this weekend actually and was surprised that there was barely any Rise of Skywalker toys on display. 

 

It was all Fortnite, Marvel, Lego etc 

 

With previous Star Wars movies the toys utterly dominated at Christmas. 

 

Looks like the kids aren't interested in a Rose Tico action figure 

I remember "The Last Jedi" toys were getting slashed 67% within two weeks of release. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, magisme said:

I'm gonna wait until the end of the season to make sure they aren't setting you guys up for a cuckening. I don't trust anything to do with this franchise anymore.

I strongly suspect that is exactly the plan. 

 

I'm also kind of disappointed that Mandalorian is a good guy. 

 

I thought he was going to be a Boba Fett silent killer type. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently watched The Last Jedi. By no means was it in the same class as The Last Starfighter, but I still found it to be galaxies ahead of The Force Awakens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

I recently watched The Last Jedi. By no means was it in the same class as The Last Starfighter, but I still found it to be galaxies ahead of The Force Awakens. 

I enjoyed it yeah. A much better movie in general than TFA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Star wars well you gotta give them credit that whole brand name has made a ahit ton of money. They could put out a gay x rated film called rise of the light saber and fans would go nuts for it! 

 

I will admit I have seen them all and I will see this one as well hopefully it is better than the last pile of shit! Kylo Ren is an emo cry baby bitch no other way to describe him!

 

Now on marvel well it all has sucked the only thing great from the marvel universe was netflix daredevil and the punisher!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand this mentality, and I'm seeing it over and over, not just here.

 

"Weelllllll......I didn't like the other Disney movies, and I know it's gonna suck, but I'm gonna go anyway."

WHY?   Just fucking stay home.  Download the shitshow for free and laugh at how fucking awful it is.  Don't keep giving these cunts your money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw TFA and Rogue in the theater. Downloaded and watched some of Last Jedi. Not gonna spend a minute of my life on this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TFA was the last time I'll ever spend money on Disney SW.

 

I admit I was enjoying the first 15 minutes or so then I kept checking my phone, bored as fuck.  By the time Han Solo was brutally murdered I was ready to walk out, but I stuck around to see Luke.

 

Hated that shit.......I hate TLJ more than probably any other movie I've ever seen, and I sure as fuck didn't pay to see it....downloaded it and skimmed it, which is what I'll do for this next shit show in the series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Ruh-roh....

http://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/star-wars-rise-skywalker-finn-010016232.html

 

Even “The Rise of Skywalker” director J.J. Abrams — famously circumspect about revealing anything about his films in advance — cast some doubt on FinnPoe coming to life in his film.

“That relationship to me is a far deeper one than a romantic one,” Abrams told Variety. “It is a deep bond that these two have, not just because of the trial by fire in which they met, but also because of their willingness to be as intimate as they are, as afraid as they, as unsure as they are, and still be bold, and still be daring and brave.”

While this would appear to foreclose the possibility of an obvious Finn and Poe romance, Abrams still left the door open to a different form of LGBTQ representation in his film. The filmmaker noted that he’s always strived to find a cast for “Star Wars” that “looked more the way the world looks than not.”

“And in the case of the LGBTQ community, it was important to me that people who go to see this movie feel that they’re being represented in the film,” Abrams said.

So without spoiling the film, Variety asked, does that mean there will be a queer character in “The Rise of Skywalker”?

“I will say I’m giving away nothing about what happens in the movie,” Abrams replied with a smile. “But I did just say what I just said.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, deelowbrown said:

 

Ruh-roh....

http://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/star-wars-rise-skywalker-finn-010016232.html

 

Even “The Rise of Skywalker” director J.J. Abrams — famously circumspect about revealing anything about his films in advance — cast some doubt on FinnPoe coming to life in his film.

“That relationship to me is a far deeper one than a romantic one,” Abrams told Variety. “It is a deep bond that these two have, not just because of the trial by fire in which they met, but also because of their willingness to be as intimate as they are, as afraid as they, as unsure as they are, and still be bold, and still be daring and brave.”

While this would appear to foreclose the possibility of an obvious Finn and Poe romance, Abrams still left the door open to a different form of LGBTQ representation in his film. The filmmaker noted that he’s always strived to find a cast for “Star Wars” that “looked more the way the world looks than not.”

“And in the case of the LGBTQ community, it was important to me that people who go to see this movie feel that they’re being represented in the film,” Abrams said.

So without spoiling the film, Variety asked, does that mean there will be a queer character in “The Rise of Skywalker”?

“I will say I’m giving away nothing about what happens in the movie,” Abrams replied with a smile. “But I did just say what I just said.”

For fucks sake, don’t these people get it by now? People want escapism in their entertainment. We just wanna take a god damn five. Shoving progress quotas down our throats constantly back fires and they still don’t get it. It didn’t work with Cuntbusters, it didn’t work with Bookshit, it didn’t work with the new dyke ass Charile’s Angels, and it’s not gonna work on a space fantasy movie for virgins. We just want to be mindlessly entertained a few hours at a time.
 

Mass media is over saturated with woke shit culture to within an inch of it’s life. We just wanna forget the left vs right, Trumpers vs #nevertrumpers, woke vs unwoke for a couple of fucking hours a week. Just give us our breaks back before we all start literally killing each other. For the love of Christ :facepalm:...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, deelowbrown said:

oh boy......

"Star Wars: Jedi Temple Challenge, a new game show aimed at kids and hosted by Jar Jar Binks actor Ahmed Best, will premiere on the Disney+ subscription streaming service in 2020."

 

http://deadline.com/2019/12/star-wars-jedi-temple-challenge-jar-jar-binks-actor-will-host-disney-game-show-1202799403/

 

now they just need to give jake lloyd a job

 

jake-lloyd-696x464.jpg?w=584

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2019 at 2:32 PM, deelowbrown said:

oh boy......

"Star Wars: Jedi Temple Challenge, a new game show aimed at kids and hosted by Jar Jar Binks actor Ahmed Best, will premiere on the Disney+ subscription streaming service in 2020."

 

http://deadline.com/2019/12/star-wars-jedi-temple-challenge-jar-jar-binks-actor-will-host-disney-game-show-1202799403/

 

For kids 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just read up on Jake Lloyd there, very sad story. Bullied at school, destroyed all his Star Wars memorabilia, arrested for assaulting his mother, arrested for driving without a licence and resisting arrest, spent 10 months in jail before being transferred to a psychiatric facility as he has been diagnosed with schizophrenia. By all accounts, he is still there. 

 

Jesus Christ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...