Sign in to follow this  
GnRLiars

#Izzy2019

Mitch Lafon who’s a pretty decent rock guy, just tweeted #Izzy2019,

then responded 

Saturday...

is Izzy back?

So... Their basic idea is that the make no more music but come back with 'even more original squad' and tour for another 3 years? ;)

The other news for september are: Axl - thin or fat? Mickey - present or hidden?

17 minutes ago, KFCBucket said:

So... Their basic idea is that the make no more music but come back with 'even more original squad' and tour for another 3 years? ;)

The other news for september are: Axl - thin or fat? Mickey - present or hidden?

The sad thing is you are probably right. Izzy or Adler is a get-out-of-jail (sharing music) card for Axl. 

2021 is 1991. Izzy will be back in the band touring and release of  CD II & III. 

2027 Steven will join for the final OG5 AFD tour. 

4 hours ago, GnRLiars said:

Mitch Lafon who’s a pretty decent rock guy, just tweeted #Izzy2019,

then responded 

Saturday...

is Izzy back?

hopefully so

wonder what is it

1 - interview?

2 - new song?

3 - new album?

4 - gnr reunion?

i think it is likely 1, 2 and 3

Paul-Natkin-Getty-Images1.jpg?w=980&q=75

Edited by ludurigan

3 hours ago, Barry said:

Axl will be fatter than ever. Make no mistake. 

Maybe.  Ferdinand has been asking for more and more 75% Less Fat salami (Available here every day incidentally) in each of his last 6 orders.

It'a brilliant !  Drag Izzy's "not done a fucking thing relevant in 25 years" ass out for a leg of a tour....the mouth breathers will eat that up.  Then, in 2020, drag the junkie adler out on the road for yet another leg of a tour.   Milk that cow Axl, milk it!

I can see Mygnr having a collective orgasm if that old man who can barely remember all major chords today has been hired to play a show.

inb4izzywasthemainwriterandageniuspleasefuckmeizzy

36 minutes ago, deelowbrown said:

It'a brilliant !  Drag Izzy's "not done a fucking thing relevant in 25 years" ass out for a leg of a tour....the mouth breathers will eat that up.  Then, in 2020, drag the junkie adler out on the road for yet another leg of a tour.   Milk that cow Axl, milk it!

But, but, but, does Izzy know how to strum (unplugged) guitar ? One wonders.... 

Axl's a very shrewd businessman, is n't he ? I mean, his net worth is up to 200 000 000 with minimal work. Other "relevant" bands and artists with bigger discographies don't have half of his money and power.

If you ask me, it's very impressive for a semi-literate high school dropout.

52 minutes ago, deelowbrown said:

yeah izzy didn't do anything except ten nice albums

23 minutes ago, Ragnar said:

But, but, but, does Izzy know how to strum (unplugged) guitar ? One wonders.... 

Axl's a very shrewd businessman, is n't he ? I mean, his net worth is up to 200 000 000 with minimal work. Other "relevant" bands and artists with bigger discographies don't have half of his money and power.

If you ask me, it's very impressive for a semi-literate high school dropout.

It is impressive how he's built a cult.  Chinese democracy indeed

21 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

All of which suck ? nothing to write home about, pal :lol:

3 hours ago, ludurigan said:

Izzy's stuff is bland though. it's basically him doing an imitation of Keith Richard's solo work

11 minutes ago, Miser said:

Izzy's stuff is bland though. it's basically him doing an imitation of Keith Richard's solo work

yeah that's the typical stuff that everyone that listened to three izzy solo songs like to say on the forums

17 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

yeah that's the typical stuff that everyone that listened to three izzy solo songs like to say on the forums

Are you a member of Team Brazil ?

19 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

Are you a member of Team Brazil ?

What is Team Brazil?

Is it the people responsible for the fake reunion tour?

10 hours ago, ludurigan said:

And not a single one of them relevant, important, or capable of making money via touring.  What was your point, or like every other worthless thing you have done on this forum, there was none?

8 hours ago, Miser said:

Not really there’s also a Dylan and Ramones flavor. The main thing is he’s a song writer. The lyrics and vocal melodies, chords are all there. He just doesn’t get a stadium band and a singer in to ramp them up as they were in Guns. The excess of stadium metal is gone but Jump in Now, Head On Out from River are pretty big. There’s a whole range of songs from Parasite to Partly Cloudy, Concrete. He was at least half of the GNR song writing team. 

I’m not saying he’s a GNR album, in a way he’s a little replaceable technically Axl can do some cords and Slash can ramp it up. AFD and UYI were similar in that Izzy had one or two songs were he was fully onboard but then a lot he wrote the lyrics or riff. So it’s more the variety offered on Brownstone or Dust N Bones. Admittedly it did change from drugs suck to everything sucks I’m leaving and a lot of songs on his solo are all about not caring and heading back out on the highway. So how that fits with Axl’s more geo political break up albums I don’t know. It makes them more like UYI I guess. Axl is the why guy and Izzy is the no guy. 

As you’re going through a GNR album it’s nice to get an acoustic Izzy song and to have someone to write songs for Slash. Tethering Slash to a melody seems to bring the best out of him. 

Edited by wasted