• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey Ludicrous it's mYstery, no i. 

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

^Like A Dog is his best album. It's his only good one, to be honest. Or, it's at least his most 'GNR' sounding solo album. I have a couple of his albums, the Juju Hounds and 117 Degrees, haven't listened to either of them more than a few times.

yeah Like a Dog sounds a bit like GNR, some fantastic music on it

these two songs from his album Concrete (2008) are highlights fort me and have a bit of that tchucka-tchuka guitar sound that reminds of GNR

it's a shame the other songs are not as good as these two and Full Circle (2nd track!) is probably the worst song Izzy ever wrote...

i can imagine a lot of people giving up the album right there and then on the second track because it is truly annoying

Izzy's stuff is complete uninspired, generic trash except for maybe Juju Hounds ( what the fuck is Juju Hounds anyway ? ) and 117 Degrees and even those are n't anything to write home about.

One has to be a complete fucking brain dead idiot to give him all the credits. Then again, after reading some posts here, I might n't be too off in my estimation :lol::facepalm:

5 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Punk As Fuck.

History has had some great men, some badass motherfuckers who didn't give a shit, FDR would laugh, Martin Lurther'd holla, ooiuaayhpudem (oh and they'd put an end?), to this!

it's been taken down. Maybe for the better :lol: ?

In 1994, former Guns N Roses bassist Duff McKagan decided to invest $100k in local Seattle companies, including an expanding chain of coffee shops, a software company and an online book seller - Starbucks, Microsoft and Amazon.

Shouldn't he be like a billionaire if that's true?

On Bill Burr's podcast (Bill is in the know, he had backstage passes to NITL and even was given the inner ear monitors for the show) he said that Duff was basically giving most of his cut to Slash cause he simply didn't need the money.  Makes sense.

1 hour ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

In 1994, former Guns N Roses bassist Duff McKagan decided to invest $100k in local Seattle companies, including an expanding chain of coffee shops, a software company and an online book seller - Starbucks, Microsoft and Amazon.

On Bill Burr's podcast (Bill is in the know, he had backstage passes to NITL and even was given the inner ear monitors for the show) he said that Duff was basically giving most of his cut to Slash cause he simply didn't need the money.  Makes sense.

can you provide a link and a time stamp for that Bill Burr quote?

they should have played anything from Neurotic Outsiders with Steve Jones on lead vocals

it should be fun to listen to acoustic/semi-country/folk versions of those songs

or Black Leather

or Silly Thing

or they could play the original, acoustic, hippie version of It's so Easy

'It's So Easy'...was originally a hippie ya-ya song. And Duff and West wrote this song like on acoustic, and it literally went like: [singing country-like] "I see your sister in a sunday dress..." Oh absolutely, and we were rehearsing in L.A and Slash basically just starts raping the song and I ran up and started like, doing like the evil Iggy Pop over it, while West is standing there and his face is like drooping, like: "My song 78492.png" [W. Axl Rose, Eddie Trunk Interview, 2006]

source = http://www.a-4-d.com/t73-it-s-so-easy

Edited by ludurigan
9 hours ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Also explains why, when he quit Guns back in '97, he turned down an apparently gigantic offer to stay - he didn't need it.

12 hours ago, ludurigan said:

can you provide a link and a time stamp for that Bill Burr quote?

Here's the podcast......sorry I have better things to do than find the exact quote, but I'm FAIRLY certain it's in there....listen to the whole thing, they're funny dudes.

partial transcript from Jonesy

"The ideas for these songs were originally ideas for things I was gonna write for possibly a third book — observations I made while traveling," McKagan told Jones (see video below). "Not observations of GUNS N' ROSES, but of the actual things I was seeing. A very interesting time — inarguably — in all of our history, the two and a half years we were on tour. Without comment, really — just observing. Writing columns for Seattle Weekly for five years, I really became an observationalist more than, 'Oh, look at that.' I would stand back and look."

Duff added: "A lot of times, I didn't get the cable news you see in America. And I don't check Twitter when I'm on tour; I just post something [like], 'Soundcheck.' And, man, I've gotta tell you, life is a lot cooler that way. I'd get back to where the news station, they're just screaming and yelling, and it's like three different things, and panels on there and all of this. It makes you feel like there's a divide. And me traveling without that stuff and talking to people and going places, I really realized there's not that divide and there's kind of two different things going on, and I wrote about it. And this record, Shooter was so great at kind of getting that whole method of the record and the lyric writing. I used his band, and one of my most favorite musical experiences was recording this record with Shooter."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/duff-mckagan-says-life-is-a-lot-cooler-when-you-stay-off-social-media-and-dont-watch-news-all-the-time/

• John Bonham changed the title to ludurigan's Duff McKagan "Punk as Fuck" Blabbermouth Dump