popcorn's snare

Mike Clink definitely had a lot to do with AFD's success: he also produced Megadeth's best album (Rust in Peace)

This.

We haven't heard much of Caram's work because we only have CD I, but having Clink back could make a new album great.

3 hours ago, popcorn's snare said:

Dude, Mike Clink is a monster.  He produced AFD and RIP.   I didn't fuckin know this.  Axl needs to bring this guy back.  

agree 100%

you know what? the more I read about guns n' roses the more I am assured that they had fantastic, brilliant people working for them

clink, zutaut, niven...

even nigel dick (who directed the appetite videos) was insanely good and was instrumental in giving the world that cool image of the band

it seems pretty clear that all these people were instrumental for the band's success

when axl fires niven it all goes down incredibly fast

oh, and they need Izzy too

Edited by ludurigan

Also can't forget Barbiero and Thompson for the mixing of AFD.

Clink was involved in early sessions in 97 but bowed out after a few months. He and Moby were going to co-produce.

Mike Clink understands the GNR sound and is perfect for any rock album 

alas we fucked as Costanzo the butcher is blessed by Team Brazil 🇧🇷 

I think will record any new stuff with Clink. 

Costanzo might still be working with Axl on older material and how to add Slash parts and solos. 

1. Jackie Chan - the old one from the mid 90s 

2. A new Slash track

3. Atlas Shrugged - CD era with Slash solo

4. New Axl/ Duff/Slash/Fortus track

5. Soul Monster

6. The Seeker

7. The General

8. Duff song

9. Berlin

10. Down by the Ocean

11. Wichita Lineman

12. New Axl orchestra epic

49 minutes ago, wasted said:

I think will record any new stuff with Clink. 

Costanzo might still be working with Axl on older material and how to add Slash parts and solos. 

1. Jackie Chan - the old one from the mid 90s 

2. A new Slash track

3. Atlas Shrugged - CD era with Slash solo

4. New Axl/ Duff/Slash/Fortus track

5. Soul Monster

6. The Seeker

7. The General

8. Duff song

9. Berlin

10. Down by the Ocean

11. Wichita Lineman

12. New Axl orchestra epic

isn't there a rumour that "down by the ocean" has already been released by izzy with the title "box"?

do you think that the track written by the three brand partners plus the guitar employee will be written with everybody in the room? or they will send the files to each other via lawyers and "write together" without ever being in the same room?

do you think the "Duff song" will be more of a punk as fuck track or do you reckon it will be like super full of tenderness?

2 hours ago, ludurigan said:

isn't there a rumour that "down by the ocean" has already been released by izzy with the title "box"?

do you think that the track written by the three brand partners plus the guitar employee will be written with everybody in the room? or they will send the files to each other via lawyers and "write together" without ever being in the same room?

do you think the "Duff song" will be more of a punk as fuck track or do you reckon it will be like super full of tenderness?

I’ve floated Down was Box and been dissgreed with. Izzy said Axl

had 3-4 of his tracks. This is more a road map of possibilities than something factual or source based. 

I think there will some writing sessions with Fortus. But there will also be something going with older material. If there’s a fence I’m going to sit on it. 

In terms of Duff, I think just as every GNR album has an Axl ballad and an Izzy tune, there’s going to be Duff track. 

The working titles may change but the album remains the same. 

6 hours ago, imsorry said:

Producer : Howard Benson

Record Engineer : Mike Plotnikoff

Mxer : Chris Lord-Alge

Good Night!

This would suggest a diverse album full of instrumentation and keyboard solos. Maybe it’s time to synth out. 

Sorry but i dont think that will be case, anyway, CLA did i good job with SOYL and i love his mixes, Mike Plotnikoff is great recording guitars and Howard Benson is top notch producer and had work with all "new" rock bands very successful, with them u can expect a huge wall of Guitar sound with drums in your face.No synth crap at all...

Edited by imsorry

44 minutes ago, imsorry said:

Sorry but i dont think that will be case, anyway, CLA did i good job with SOYL and i love his mixes, Mike Plotnikoff is great recording guitars and Howard Benson is top notch producer and had work with all "new" rock bands very successful, with them u can expect a huge wall of Guitar sound with drums in your face.No synth crap at all...

I just noticed Benson is multi instrument keyboardist and worked with My Chemical Romance who have a Queen element. 

23 minutes ago, Facekicker said:

Imagine an illiterate housemaid gets a say on all this...how has there not been a book published on this I do not know 

Beta herself could release one but she cant write :(

On 4/1/2019 at 3:27 AM, imsorry said:

The problem with to much layers if isnt proper eqd it will sound like cd a mess.

I don’t think the layers sound a mess. Each track works. Some are perfection, there’s one or two that another production might serve the song better. It happens. 

The bigger problem is the difference in production between songs like Chi dem/ SOD to Shacklers/ITW to Scraped/Sorry. I see it as like that’s what’s great about CD, each song is a new album, and the songs transition well as you listen to the whole album. 

9 hours ago, imsorry said:

They could do something like Howard did with Papa Roach album The Paramour Sessions.

Howard also did Bastards and Overnight Sensation with Motorhead. So Slash might be happy. Overnight Sensation has production that would blow up Apple music.

He can do hard rock and opera punk  like Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge. 

I always think Brendan OBrien because he did Rock or Bust and Evil Empire. Costanzo worked with RATM. So there’s a VR/CD connection with the Obrien Costanzo team.