Sign in to follow this  
Skeeter

Baseball - 2019 Official Thread

3 hours ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Indians World Series champs....1948.....SEVENTY-ONE FUCKING YEARS AGO.....longest drought in all of baseball, cause the team with the longest drought, the Chicago Cunts, BEAT US

I think the 1997 loss to the Marlins might have been worse, at least as far as Game 7's.

In 2016 Game 7 against the Cubs, your guys scored 3 in the 8th to tie it and send it into extra innings. The Cubs had won 103 regular season games, no other team in baseball had won more than 95.  They were clearly the best team in MLB.

In 1997 Game 7 your guys had the lead in the bottom of the 9th against a 92-win Wild Card team that had come into existence just 4 years earlier.

It's definitely weird though that the last two World Series Game 7's that went into extra innings were both lost by the Tribe.

Nate, with all due respect.....that's horseshit.  The Twins won the World Series in 1991.  I don't know if you were alive, though.

Linguini....thank you SO MUCH for bringing up 1997 again.  Holy shit that one hurt.  2016 hurt too.  I don't know which hurt worse.  They both hurt.

But yes.  Yes.  Who else can brag that they lost two World Series in extra innings of Game 7?   I don't believe any other ball club has that "honor."

Siiiiiiiiigh.

My poor old man.  I love him.  God bless his cotton socks...the man lives and breathes the Tribe.  He has either listened to or watched every fucking game for the last 60 some years.  All he ever wanted to see in his life was the Indians win the World Series and his kids growing up and all that bullshit.  Well, I'm a fuck up that never got married, but my siblings did all right, and now my dad has nine grandkids.  (The most recent two are twins that were born last week....congrats to my little bro!)  

But my dad is 72.   Every fucking spring he says "This is our year, I've got a good feeling about it." and every fucking year they let him down.

I just know that those fucking cocksuckers are gonna win it all right after my dad goes.  Fuck, I hate them so much it's making my blood pressure go up.  Goddamn them. 

1200px-Cleveland_Indians_logo.svg.png

GO ON SMILE YOU CUNT!!!!!   WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU GRINNING AT YOU FUCKING LOSER????  YOU SUCK!!!  YOU FUCKING SUCK!!!!!  

52 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

Yeah way to fucking go Twins. 

Going as I thought I would. 

Such a miserable franchise. Fuck them. 

I just looked up the predictions that were made before the season started. 

Vegas was predicting the Twins to win 84 games. They ended up winning 101. That’s amazing. 

I looked at a couple sports sites like espn.  Nobody had the twins doing very well. Espn has 31 “experts” and  only 3 of 31 picked the Twins to make the wild card. 

The Twins were one of the biggest feel good stories of the season. 

Only one team wins title. Everybody else will lose. 

You should be enjoying how great they did this year. 

18 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

Let me know when they bring back steroids and pine tar !

They took away pine tar? Why?

Shows how much baseball I watch. Fucking Mariners. Hey Josh, know what you have to do to lose a World Series? Get to a fucking World Series.

29 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

They took away pine tar? Why?

Shows how much baseball I watch. Fucking Mariners. Hey Josh, know what you have to do to lose a World Series? Get to a fucking World Series.

They have destroyed our once great sport where a perfect game was pitched by a man tripping on acid.

17 hours ago, Skeeter said:

The Twins were one of the biggest feel good stories of the season. 

Only one team wins title. Everybody else will lose. 

You should be enjoying how great they did this year. 

15 consecutive postseason losses, an MLB record.

Including 12 straight postseason losses against the Yankees.

How the fuck does a playoff-caliber team lose 15 straight?

They haven't won a fucking postseason game in 15 years.

No matter how you slice it, that MLB record diminishes whatever they accomplished in the regular season.

Sorry Nate. :shrugs2:

On 10/5/2019 at 8:51 AM, EstrangedTWAT said:

Nate, with all due respect.....that's horseshit.  The Twins won the World Series in 1991.  I don't know if you were alive, though.

Who else can brag that they lost two World Series in extra innings of Game 7?   I don't believe any other ball club has that "honor."

Jack Morris in that '91 Game 7 was legendary.  Fucking 10-inning complete game shutout.  Won't ever see that again.

Giants have also lost two World Series Game 7's, but that was a hella long time ago.

Man, life is too short to always focus on the negatives and ignore the positives. 

The Twins were predicted by all the experts to finish around .500. 

Instead they won 100 games and made the playoffs. 

This was a fantastic season by them. Fans of the team should be thrilled. 

One team wins the championship. That doesn’t mean every other team is a loser. 

2 minutes ago, Skeeter said:

One team wins the championship. That doesn’t mean every other team is a loser. 

Uh, dude...that's EXACTLY what it means.  The very dictionary definition of LOSER.

DEO99osXkAIl8TD.jpg

Twins won more than 100 games and was right up there with the Yanks for best offense in MLB.

They should have traded for some pitching help midseason, they would have had a real chance in the postseason if they did.

The fact they didn't makes them losers as far as I'm concerned.  When you're that close, which they aren't very often, you need to GFIN.

19 hours ago, bran said:

Looking like Rays/Astros is going to a game 5.

Very stupid decision to start Verlander on short rest yesterday.

Dude is 36 years old and has never started a game on short rest (the 1-inning stint in 2011 doesn't count).

Apparently they didn't learn anything from Keuchel's recent short rest outing, along with countless others in past years.

So now, neither Cole nor Verlander will be able to pitch in the ALCS until Game 3 at the earliest.

Yanks must be laughing their asses off at the good fortune.

Holy crap, looks like the Nats are gonna pull it off!!

Joe Kelly.  Not a surprise, brilliant or horrific.  No in-between with him.

"This was a fantastic season by them. Fans of the team should be thrilled."

Sorry, Skeet .... if that was my team, thrilled is not how I would feel right now.

Roberts is toast.