Sign in to follow this  
Skeeter

Baseball - 2019 Official Thread

16 minutes ago, magisme said:

Entire ESPN broadcast is about how terrible the Mets are. Best ESPN broadcast in a decade.

Bad publicity is better than no publicity at all. 

On 6/26/2019 at 6:32 PM, bran said:

Boone has been doing a pretty solid job at moving pieces around to fit. Voit being the DH and EE at 1st or vice versa. Stanton going back on the DL will allow Voit and EE to play together more. Plus EE is basically a rental we got for nothing at this point because it is looking more and more Frazier will be the Yankees Left Fielder in 2020, unless a trade for a big time starter comes up.

Well luckily Stanton is back on the DL, but when he returns you'll have a tough time playing him, Voit and EE at the same time unless Stanton is healthy enough to play LF and that's a mighty big "if". You also have Sanchez, who has made it very clear he wants to DH a couple times a week instead of catching. Normally the backup catcher starts twice a week anyway.

23 hours ago, bran said:

That series was certainly....something.

It was a joke, and the Sox were greedy as fuck to give up home field advantage for two games against their biggest rival. 

I knew the Yankees lineup would do damage against the shitty Sox bullpen, but the stadium obviously turned both team's pitching into crap except for the hard-throwing guys like ERod and Chapman.

Cora should be suspended for his bullpen usage. Bringing Shawaryn into a tight game and leaving him in for 8 runs was inexcusable.

And how the fuck do you make literally 13 pitching changes over the 2 games, but your best reliever (Workman) isn't allowed to throw even one pitch? Fuck Cora.

On 7/26/2019 at 3:30 PM, arnold layne said:

So is the ball juiced or what @The Linguini Occurrence?? I have been watching a little ball recently and I see a lot more home runs. I have heard sports commentators say this as well. Any truth to this?

It's either that, or the players have found a new "supplement".

MLB has confirmed the pill of the baseball has gotten more centered, reducing the drag, so that could be it.

If the pill is not perfectly centered, the ball tends to wobble more after being hit.

5 hours ago, bran said:

Not how I was hoping for this series to go lol.

It's certainly not what I was expecting.  Tanaka vs Porcello seemed heavily in your favor, as did Paxon vs Cashner. Our offense is really in a groove though, can't think of anybody's 1-4 who is better.

So who's your choice? Stroman, Boyd or Thor? I don't think Bumgarner or Bauer will be traded, as both of their teams are still contenders.

1 hour ago, arnold layne said:

Twins starting to suck again. Thank goodness. I thought Minnesota would accomplish something. 

I think they'll be fine. They have the offense, and I'm betting they pick up some really good pitching before the trade deadline.

Not a great series but even with the Red Sox taking it to the Yankees, the Yankees still leave with a 9 game lead/10 ahead in the loss column.