Sign in to follow this  
Skeeter

Baseball - 2019 Official Thread

3 hours ago, The Linguini Occurrence? said:

I give your team a TON of credit for playing so well despite all the injuries.  If Stanton, Judge and Sanchez can all be healthy at the same time that's one scary lineup.

I wouldn't hold your breath on Paxton though, he's the Ellsbury of pitchers.

Speaking of Ellsbury, do you still have his jersey? :awesome:

I think he is honestly dead and the Yankees are going full "Weekend at Bernie's" with him.

16 hours ago, The Linguini Occurrence? said:

I'm looking forward to Snell vs Tanaka today, should be good.

Tanaka was excellent and then the power went out in the shithole that is Tropicana field. Yankees are starting to get healthy which is good to see. Looks like the Red Sox are figuring it out again, looks to be a fun summer.

52 minutes ago, The Linguini Occurrence? said:

It was noticeable there was something wrong with him, he tried to play through it but the results on both offense and defense were not good.

You got Hicks back at least.  :shrugs:

Stanton is taking live batting, Didi is taking groundballs, Paxton is throwing and might come off the DL without a rehab start. So hopefully things are turning around. I couldn't be happier with how the fill ins have done, big props to German as well.

On 5/22/2019 at 8:52 PM, bran said:

Torres and Sanchez vs the Orioles.....

Image result for stomping face gif

Already played 12 games against them, only 7 remaining!

Another huge comeback yesterday, you've got a great offense there.  Are you sure you WANT Stanton, Didi etc back?

On 5/27/2019 at 9:31 AM, The Linguini Occurrence? said:

Already played 12 games against them, only 7 remaining!

Another huge comeback yesterday, you've got a great offense there.  Are you sure you WANT Stanton, Didi etc back?

That is a good point. I still think we are a better team with Stanton and Didi though. 

This Yankees bullpen.......and we don't even have Betances in there yet.

15 hours ago, bran said:

This Yankees bullpen.......and we don't even have Betances in there yet.

Yup, I envy it.  A strong bullpen is so essential, the ability to protect leads is more valuable than anything. And it takes the pressure off the starting pitchers, they can go full-out for 5-6 innings and know the relievers will finish up. This is why I've always said, of all the great players during the Yankee dynasty of 1996-2000 the most valuable wasn't Jeter or Pettitte or Posada or Bernie ... it was Mariano.  With him, nearly every lead was safe.

The late Bill Buckner struck out a grand total of 205 times in the entire decade of the 1970s

On 6/2/2019 at 8:10 PM, sixes said:

The late Bill Buckner struck out a grand total of 205 times in the entire decade of the 1970s

He is a very underrated player, a truly great career.

I don't know which was more shocking:  Price giving up 6 earned in 1 1/3rd innings, or the bullpen giving up nothing in 7 2/3rd innings.  Still seems like a lost season, Mookie can kiss his dreams of a $300M contract goodbye.

Yanks will be fine once they get some starting pitching help.

So Yankees got Edwin Encanarcion for a bag of peanuts. Stanton is back Tuesday, Judge by the end of the week.

3B LeMaiheu

SS Gregorious

RF Judge

DH Encanarcion

LF Stanton

C  Sanchez

1B Voit

CF Hicks

2B Torres

I think Frazier will be flipped for a SP soon. Severino is back at the all Star break and Jordan Montgomery in August. Betances is an unknown at this point.