Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Skeeter

Baseball - 2019 Official Thread

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, Donald Trump said:

I wish The Celtics had Luka and KP. Is there any way Ainge could trade the current roster for those guys? 

KP is being accused of rape. 

Kobe managed to work around that and keep playing. But in 2019....his career could be finished. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skeeter said:

KP is being accused of rape. 

Kobe managed to work around that and keep playing. But in 2019....his career could be finished. 

Didn't hear that. It is crazy how people give Kobe a pass for that. Personally, I think Kobe raped her.

 

Back to the big leagues. If Griffey Jr. had roided up do you think he could have hit 80 home runs?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2019 at 2:04 AM, Bill Brasky said:

Wtf ? They play 30 minutes outside Boston rt 1

and after Brady we just start the new era of our dynasty pal

 

led by Jonathan Kraft , Nick Casario and Josh McDaniels

 

ps I miss Tony Gwynn and The Montreal Expos

I don't know man, there's a reason why they are the only one of the 4 teams that are named after New England rather than Boston.  As for life post-Brady, I appreciate your optimism but I don't think you can remove the greatest QB in history without expecting a Superbowl championship drought.  It's not like we have Steve Young waiting in the wings.   Basically I'm just trying to give Nate reasons to not hate Boston or the Patriots. :shrugs2:

Yeah Gwynn was a great one, I think only 3 others have 3,100+ hits and a career .338+ batting average.

 

I got to see Pedro pitch for the Sox in Montreal, it was fantastic.  Lots of great players called the Big O home. They would have won it all in '94.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Linguini Occurrence? said:

I don't know man, there's a reason why they are the only one of the 4 teams that are named after New England rather than Boston.  As for life post-Brady, I appreciate your optimism but I don't think you can remove the greatest QB in history without expecting a Superbowl championship drought.  It's not like we have Steve Young waiting in the wings.   Basically I'm just trying to give Nate reasons to not hate Boston or the Patriots. :shrugs2:

Yeah Gwynn was a great one, I think only 3 others have 3,100+ hits and a career .338+ batting average.

 

I got to see Pedro pitch for the Sox in Montreal, it was fantastic.  Lots of great players called the Big O home. They would have won it all in '94.

I remember when the Dodgers traded him. Management thought he was to frail and wouldn’t hold up over a full season. But they kept Ramon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mets took two out of three against the Nats, beating both Scherzer and Strassburg. I'll take it.

 

Pete Alonso looks like a hitter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

I'm really, really trying to enjoy baseball but it's boring as shit.

I watched baseball religiously growing up. 

 

But today I can only watch the Dodgers play on TV. And even then I record the game and fast forward through a lot of it. 

 

It is really boring to watch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Skeeter said:

I watched baseball religiously growing up. 

 

But today I can only watch the Dodgers play on TV. And even then I record the game and fast forward through a lot of it. 

 

It is really boring to watch. 

I was a die hard Sox fan as a kid 

 

but with them winning 4 championship , the lack of characters like Manny or Pedro

, Plus how long the games are

The Cost of being a fan.

roidsbetter-grid.jpg

Baseball was better with Steroids 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

I was a die hard Sox fan as a kid 

 

but with them winning 4 championship , the lack of characters like Manny or Pedro

, Plus how long the games are

The Cost of being a fan.

roidsbetter-grid.jpg

Baseball was better with Steroids 

Speaking of cost. One way MLB has failed is in the cost of the game. 

 

Ive never taken my kids to an MLB game. $20 for parking, $50 for a mediocre seat, $8 per food/drink/snack, $30 for a t-shirt.  $400 for a three hour game? 

 

When I was a kid we went on vacation and my dad took me to games three nights in a row. That would add $1,000 to the cost of a vacation now. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Skeeter said:

I watched baseball religiously growing up. 

 

But today I can only watch the Dodgers play on TV. And even then I record the game and fast forward through a lot of it. 

 

It is really boring to watch. 

I think a lot of the changes MLB has made to speed up the game has helped. It still has it's slow moments, but so does every other sport.  To me the boring sports to watch are golf, soccer, and auto racing when there's no crashes.  As for cost, all the major sports have gotten really expensive. But less popular baseball teams can be a bargain. Tampa has $7 ticket promotions, Toronto has Toonie tickets, I sat 3 rows behind the dugout in Pittsburgh for $27.  I know when you bring kids it's hard to keep the cost down, but otherwise I park cheap a couple blocks away, and I bring my own water and food, and I buy my gear online or in department stores.

When it comes right down to it, fans are responsible for ridiculous prices because they are the ones who keep spending $8 on a bottle of beer and $6 on a 12 ounce bottle of water and 50% ticket markups on the secondary markets. If people stop buying at inflated prices, the prices will come down.  People just need to stop being stupid with their money. :shrugs2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@The Linguini Occurrence?

I can only drink so many beers at the Caskin before the game 

 

Then my son wants a program 

 

Then the wife wants a Pepsi and popcorn to share with the kid

 

add more beer and not sitting in shitty bleachers seats 

 

300 easy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

@The Linguini Occurrence?

I can only drink so many beers at the Caskin before the game 

 

Then my son wants a program 

 

Then the wife wants a Pepsi and popcorn to share with the kid

 

add more beer and not sitting in shitty bleachers seats 

 

300 easy

I hear ya man, cost to attend a game at Fenway is insane.  Price of success.

Still a lot cheaper than Bruins, Celts, Pats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I miss baseball.  I want to watch it again, and enjoy it, but it's just too fucking heartbreaking.

 

1995.....Indians lose World Series

1997.....Indians lose World Series in extra innings of Game 7

2001....Indians knocked out of the playoffs

2007....Indians knocked out of the playoffs after blowing a 3-1 lead in the series

2016....Indians lose World Series in extra innings of Game 7 after blowing a 3-1 lead in the series

2017....Indians win 22 games in a row, a new record...then blow 2-0 lead and get knocked out of the playoffs

2018....Indians lose 3-0 in the first round of the playoffs.

 

 

Fucking motherfuckers.   Fuck those fucking cocksucking ball-less limp dick faggot assfucked motherfuckers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew it was just a matter of time before Cora would be exposed as the overrated manager that he is.

The entire team was ridiculously unprepared for the start of the season.  You can't have starting pitchers appear in just two games all of Spring Training, and then throw them into the regular season fire.  They will simply not have the arm strength.  He kept saying he was holding them back so they don't get tired in September and October. By then nobody will give a crap how rested they are, because they'll be hopelessly out of the playoff race.

 

Another factor that is kept under wraps for the most part, the flu has been sweeping the clubhouse.  Three players have been publicly mentioned as having it, I'm sure there's several more who have had it or are fighting it.  When you're in the same clubhouses, buses and airplanes, you can't avoid catching it. But that's still no excuse for the crappy start to the season.  Not to mention all the bullpen crap they've thrown against the wall to see what sticks.   I have no worries about the starting pitching and offense eventually coming around, but the hole they've dug will probably be too big to overcome by then.

 

So @skeeter, how are you liking Kelly so far?  That's the way he's always been, either spectacular or horrific. Not much middle ground with him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Judge goes down with an oblique. Only Gleyber and Voit remain of the Yankees starting offense. Also still down Severino and Betances. The Yankees are pretty much playing their AAA team at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2019 at 9:59 PM, magisme said:

Who are the strength and conditioning coaches who signed off on this debacle?

I think it was Cora's doing, he has a habit of pussifying the players with tons of extra rest.

 

The head S&C coach is the Asian guy who has been doing the same job in MLB for two decades, so I don't think it was his idea to turn ST into Club Med.

Momose-David-Price.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2019 at 5:45 PM, bran said:

Judge goes down with an oblique. Only Gleyber and Voit remain of the Yankees starting offense. Also still down Severino and Betances. The Yankees are pretty much playing their AAA team at this point.

I give your team a TON of credit for playing so well despite all the injuries.  If Stanton, Judge and Sanchez can all be healthy at the same time that's one scary lineup.

 

I wouldn't hold your breath on Paxton though, he's the Ellsbury of pitchers.

 

Speaking of Ellsbury, do you still have his jersey? :awesome:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...