GNR's Bitch speaks...

In my opinion one of the biggest mistakes of the Red Panda was to recruit this girl into the band. Anyway, nothing can be done about it ...

MelissaReese_cover2_nov2018.jpg

SQ: Walk us through what it was like when you got the invitation to be part of the band. Was it an immediate yes or did you have to think about it?

MELISSA REESE: It was a process because I didn’t really think I was being asked. I thought it was a joke at first. It sort of went through these stages of, “Oh my god it’s not a joke.” Then I sort of started to have to actually do the hard work and really prove myself. By the time I got into the thick of it and thought okay I gotta get into this thing, I was fully in “work mode”. (The band–along with Caram Costanzo who originally recommended me, and our managers) respected it and saw that I was filling a lot of musical needs that the they had.

ESQ: I gotta ask, was there some sort of formal ceremony, when the band members welcomed you?

MR: There was a vetting process, definitely. But it was ultimately up to Axl, the other band members and our managers Fernando and Beta (Lebeis). You just have to be a very specific type of person to be able to work under these conditions. And what I mean by that is being personally, and musically respectful of something this crazy fucking iconic and huge, while simultaneously knowing your worth even though you’re a millennial girl. You gotta know what your puzzle piece is and where your value is, and be strong there.

ESQ: Can we expect new music from Guns N’ Roses?

MR: Unfortunately, I’m not at liberty to say. I hope for the best. Anything that allows me to spend more time with my big bros, I embrace a thousand, million, billion percent. But I hope. I hope.

Full article here:

http://www.esquiremag.ph/culture/arts-and-entertainment/pinay-melissa-reese-guns-n-roses-a2056-20181112-lfrm2

Edited by auad

She's mid 30s I think.

All she really has going for her is that she's thin, which in America makes it seem like she shits solid gold.  She hides her age by plastering her face with make up and either dyes her hair blue (great way to go bald before 50) or wears blue wigs.

She's a clown.  She doesn't get under my skin the way she does a lot of people though.  She's basically Tracey and Roberta 2.0.

4 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

She's basically Tracey and Roberta 2.0.

Yep.

I don't understand the hatred for Melissa either. She's an improvement on Pitoman, in every aspect. I don't follow her (or any artist) on social media so she doesn't annoy me a bit. She actually makes the stage better looking, GNR guys are a bunch of ugly mofos. She has a great voice and she's talented.

But I guess for some people rock is all about hairy, fat old men in tight leather pants :lol:

Tracy and Roberta were fantastic. I loved that era. What a great line-up. The band had such a big sound going on. When you listen to them now, everything sounds so thin and empty in comparison.

Regarding Melissa, do you think somebody had a word with her, and told her she had to jump up and down for the entirety of the show? What is she doing on her keyboard during Nightrain, for example? I can hear dizzy, for some bizarre reason, playing piano on it, but I'll be fucked if I can hear any output from her. She is no singer, that is for sure, and she's not much to look at either. My guess is she is Axl's way of saying "Fuck You" to Pittman.

10 minutes ago, Barry said:

Tracy and Roberta were fantastic. I loved that era. What a great line-up. The band had such a big sound going on. When you listen to them now, everything sounds so thin and empty in comparison

Great post! This is it!

11 minutes ago, Barry said:

I can hear dizzy, for some bizarre reason, playing piano on it

Some songs just do not need keyboards and should only be played with bass, guitars and drums.

2 hours ago, Barry said:

Tracy and Roberta were fantastic. I loved that era. What a great line-up. The band had such a big sound going on. When you listen to them now, everything sounds so thin and empty in comparison.

I hate rock bands with a horn section. It sounds so dated and too bluesy/jazzy for my tastes. I tend to prefer electronic elements. So I prefer Melissa in that department.

2 hours ago, Barry said:

What is she doing on her keyboard during Nightrain, for example?

This I can agree. Melissa and Dizzy have no business on those rocker songs. Reminds of Pitoman's fx on You Could Be Mine. They were hilarious.

2 hours ago, Barry said:

She is no singer

She is the best singer in GNR nowadays.

9 hours ago, maynard said:

I hate rock bands with a horn section. It sounds so dated and too bluesy/jazzy for my tastes. I tend to prefer electronic elements.

Oh contraire, I'm thinking of Bowie (Serious Moonlight tour/Lets Dance era) with a full band including a real horn section...it was sublime.

Or Zappa.

But inserting horns into songs where they don't belong?

I hated that bloated, Tracy and Roberta, Teddy Zig Zag and horns era.