Hell’s Bell

Just saw Buckethead live again

5 hours ago, meatpuppet said:

He almost played with Ozzy so I'm sure in the audition tapes probably.

I read a review once that he plays Crazy Train live. So when I heard Scraped it made sense. 

2 hours ago, wasted said:

I read a review once that he plays Crazy Train live. So when I heard Scraped it made sense. 

There's a brief clip on youtube but he only plays a snippet from it.

1 hour ago, meatpuppet said:

There's a brief clip on youtube but he only plays a snippet from it.

Did he only play it once? 

I like Bucket’s style but I don’t see how he fits with Ozzy or Axl, more Axl in a certain way. But Zakk Wylde seems to be more a fit image tour wise. Just Blabbermouthed out there. Let me don my Venom t shirt and own only vinyl debuts of all metal giants ever. 

4 hours ago, wasted said:

His song "Welcome To Bucketheadland" is pretty similar to Crazy Train.

I like the Travis Dickerson stuff, Population Override is one I'd recommend.

Colma is an overrated album of his I think.

14 minutes ago, wasted said:

Did he only play it once? 

I like Bucket’s style but I don’t see how he fits with Ozzy or Axl, more Axl in a certain way. But Zakk Wylde seems to be more a fit image tour wise. Just Blabbermouthed out there. Let me don my Venom t shirt and own only vinyl debuts of all metal giants ever. 

I've only seen one video clip and he didn't play the whole song, just the solo part, none of the chorus. I've seen him 4x but only covers he goes for are Star Wars and Willy Wonka. Brewer in the Air is a little similar too. I don't think he gets recorded a lot live.

16 minutes ago, Doctor Dom said:

His song "Welcome To Bucketheadland" is pretty similar to Crazy Train.

I like the Travis Dickerson stuff, Population Override is one I'd recommend.

Colma is an overrated album of his I think.

I do like his stuff it’s just he missed the cd era so to get his albums is hard. I go on streaming services but I kind of fully connect via cds. So I have to bite the bucket buy cds. But I don’t i have cd player. The album as art has really lost it’s position in the culture. 

14 minutes ago, meatpuppet said:

I've only seen one video clip and he didn't play the whole song, just the solo part, none of the chorus. I've seen him 4x but only covers he goes for are Star Wars and Willy Wonka. Brewer in the Air is a little similar too. I don't think he gets recorded a lot live.

I saw his Star Wars theme solo in 2002 I think. And the nunchucks. Shame that was never recorded as GNR, not even on live album. 

We all know Tommy "Punk Embodied" Stuson loved to bully BH. He probably felt scared that a nerdy guy with a mask was much more punk than him. Tommy is a joke by the way. All his fans are pathetic and nobody really likes the Replacements. They are irrelevant to music's history.

What are the odds

that Axl thought hiring Buckethead would get him free unlimited fried chicken 🍗 from KFC ?

16 hours ago, Salsh Borski said:

Was Buckethead really like punk enough to be in GnR?  

I think the idea was to replace punk rock with Alt Rock for CD. 

Bucket is kind of Alt metal? 

Axl and Stinson were the only two punk rockers in there. Fortus maybe has some background. 

I sort of see Bucket as the May of GNR or the Steve Vai of The Axl Rose Band. 

Finck was more the Alt Rock version of Slash. Dj was the glam metal replacement to Finck. So it was moving back towards old GNR at that point. 

I can’t place Ron. His solo album was kind of punk. But wasn’t he a professor of Music at some point. And he really is prog rock overall. He’s Alt Rock I guess, Bucket’s replacement and general utility player. Ron made Estranged happen and Don’t Cry. In a way by catering to the fans he plotted his own downfall. Making CD more rock n roll, playing Axl’s big hits for him must have moved the reunion closer. They were basically touring the Best of GNR with Ron, priming the canvas for Slash and Duff to take over. 

On 3/16/2019 at 10:30 AM, ludurigan said:

i suppose if you get any axl live rant from his solo era (he did a lot of them in 2002, didn't he?) and place it on the top of this album (not that it needs any vocals) and it will sound like 18 times better than the actual axl album with buckethead

you're basically proposing axlwave as a genre

i like it

Wonder if they will launch CD II at the fried chicken festival. Bucket replaces Slash and they play Serpico for the first time.