Sign in to follow this  
ludurigan

The new president of the University of Central Arkansas (UCA) Houston Davis loves his GN'R

ONE OF THE GREATEST CONCERTS I'VE EVER SEEN: January 1992, the Pyramid in Memphis, Guns n' Roses with Soundgarden opening

resized_250588-davis-cover-0310_13-25972

source: http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2019/mar/10/houston-daniel-davis-20190310/

from GNRONTOUR.com

01.07.92 - The Pyramid, Memphis, TN
opening act: Soundgarden
set: Nightrain, Mr.Brownstone, Bad Obsession, Live And Let Die, Dust N' Bones, It's So Easy, Attitude, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, Wild Horses [Intro] / Patience, Welcome To The Jungle, Piano Solo, November Rain, You Could Be Mine, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo
attendance: 18,678
audio/video recording?: audio [incomplete]
notes: This setlist is incomplete. First & last documented performance of 'Dust N' Bones' after Izzy left the band in November of '91. Axl rants a lot during this show. Duff joins Matt on drums during Matt's drum solo.
reviews

19920107ticket.jpg

saw them 2 weeks later in Minneapolis, came out late as fuck, played till 2:00 or just past.....Had school in roughly 6 hours leaving from the venue, it was a 5 hour drive in a snow storm home.  Thanks mom for calling me in sick!   

Seriously though, that was maybe where the roller coaster hit its peak and you could see the big downhill dip coming.  I had seen them roughly 10 times by then, and that was as good as it got up and until the HOB show.

1 hour ago, deelowbrown said:

saw them 2 weeks later in Minneapolis, came out late as fuck, played till 2:00 or just past.....Had school in roughly 6 hours leaving from the venue, it was a 5 hour drive in a snow storm home.  Thanks mom for calling me in sick!   

Seriously though, that was maybe where the roller coaster hit its peak and you could see the big downhill dip coming.  I had seen them roughly 10 times by then, and that was as good as it got up and until the HOB show.

10 times mate?

thats fantastic

you saw them in 87, 88, 91 and 92?

Were 3 hour latenesses common on the UYI tour? Asking because my sister saw them at Gilby's first show at MSG in Dec 91 and she sAid they were literally three hours late. Skid Row opened and my sisters (not gay, male) friend saw Baz from behind and said "that girl has the greatest ass I've ever seen." Turns around and its Baz.

15 minutes ago, Miser said:

Were 3 hour latenesses common on the UYI tour? Asking because my sister saw them at Gilby's first show at MSG in Dec 91 and she sAid they were literally three hours late. Skid Row opened and my sisters (not gay, male) friend saw Baz from behind and said "that girl has the greatest ass I've ever seen." Turns around and its Baz.

I saw them 4 times in 1991-1992.

Hours late each time. 2 of those shows, Axl left the stage early and never came back

2 hours ago, deelowbrown said:

Yes, I've seen GNR 53 times, going back to the summer of 1988.  I've talked other places about highlight shows, but opening nights of the UYI tour in Alpine Valley are right up there.

There are days I question whether the time and treasure are/were worth it, but lord do I have some experiences.

wow 53 times!

i know i could trade all the times I saw Guns n Roses Aliens for an actual GN'R show circa 1985-1991

that alpine valley show in 1991 would do for me

2 hours ago, sixes said:

Hours late each time. 2 of those shows, Axl left the stage early and never came back

Classic bitch Axl. The guy had the world by the balls. Money, fame, power over weak bandmates, and all the booze, drugs and top-shelf pussy a man could ever need. But he still had to be a temperamental bitch.

4 hours ago, deelowbrown said:

Yes, I've seen GNR 53 times, going back to the summer of 1988.  I've talked other places about highlight shows, but opening nights of the UYI tour in Alpine Valley are right up there.

There are days I question whether the time and treasure are/were worth it, but lord do I have some experiences.

I'm officially jealous. Did you see any of the '02 shows?

13 hours ago, deelowbrown said:

I've seen GNR 53 times

Holy shit.

11 hours ago, sixes said:

As hard as we are on Axl, he really deserves even worse. Sometimes I forget just how much of a shitbag he turned into in the early 90's. Everyone else in the band was an unimaginably colossal pussy for never having kicked the shit out of him.

9 hours ago, downwithhope said:

I'm officially jealous. Did you see any of the '02 shows?

Minneapolis, Fargo, Moline, Chicago,,,,,,,,,Mix Master Mike baby

7 hours ago, magisme said:

Everyone else in the band was an unimaginably colossal pussy for never having kicked the shit out of him.

good point

7 hours ago, magisme said:

Sometimes I forget just how much of a shitbag he turned into in the early 90's

i suppose he was always like that but in the 90s he had the power and the means to do as he pleased

in the 80s he had to play by the rules

once he became "bigger than life" no one -- not his bandmates, not the record company, not his girlfriend, not anyone around him -- could really stop him