Sign in to follow this  
Skeeter

What is your dream vacation?

I was setting up for mine but then met my soon to be wife and had to cancel it. 

I had a bunch of money saved up, so finances weren’t an issue. I owned a cabin that had a great setup. Running hot water, generator for electricity, direct TV radio. And it was on the water. 

I was was going to take a year off from society and live at the cabin for a full year.  I would bring a ton of canned type foods. A bunch of books and DVDs. 

Being on the water, I would have had full supply of halibut, salmon, crab, shrimp, clams and snapper. I would have shot a couple deer throughout the year. 

No newspapers. No yahoo news. Just a year away from society and all the craziness that goes with it. 

And as a writer....with no distractions and so much time to think. I probably Would have completed 4-5 full length books. 

Without money or work or life circumstances coming into play. What is your dream vacation?

Mountains. Cabin on a lake. I love getting the hell away from everything. Your phone becomes a clock and a camera, nothing more.

Beaches are nice for a while, but every day in the mountains is amazing.

I'd love to visit Arizona or Utah. I visited New Mexico last November with my girlfriend and it was like being in a whole different world. The mountains, the fresh air, the cacti...I'd love to visit places that are even more along that line.

I also visited Virginia in 1996 and 2004 and I'd really like to go back. I loved it both times.

Salsh Borski, Salami King of Long Island's summer beach house where the sand is made of sausage and the ocean is filled with pepperoni

My hot wife planned the last two vacations (including our Honeymoon) and I had a blast. She has been my personal travel agency and I haven't had any complaints. She is far more creative than I am on this stuff.

4 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

Mountains. Cabin on a lake. I love getting the hell away from everything. Your phone becomes a clock and a camera, nothing more.

Beaches are nice for a while, but every day in the mountains is amazing.

That was our cabin. 

Ocean on one side. 

Mountain on the other side. Walk out the back Door and five steps and you were going up a mountain.  About a mile up was a pretty cool lake. 

16 minutes ago, Skeeter said:

That was our cabin. 

Ocean on one side. 

Mountain on the other side. Walk out the back Door and five steps and you were going up a mountain.  About a mile up was a pretty cool lake. 

There is a place in Washington called Stehekin. Only get there by boat or hike. At the top of Lake Chelan. It is an absolute paradise. The water glows blue, no cell, you're just in the world. It's so relaxing. Check it out. Absolutely amazing.

Edited by AxlisOld

I remember once in GTA driving a hooker up into the mountains and executing her on this hillside with beautiful views. This is where I want my gamerscore to be buried when they pull the plug on my simulation. A pine forest seems like a good place to rest eternally. But yeah perfect vacation is probably Thailand with hotel with playstation. Pool outside the backdoor. 

Edited by wasted