Sign in to follow this  
Miser

Who was the worst member of nuGNR

Who was the worst member of NuGNR  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the worst member of NuGNR?

• Robin Finck
    • Tommy Stinson
    • Chris Pitman
    • Buckethead
    • Richard Fortus
    • Bumblefoot
    • Brain
    • DJ Ashba
    • Frank Ferrer

Im with my fellow @auad on this one.

But I wouldnt call mags an ignorant. Its a cultural problem, its not his fault. 

You know, you always have to explain twice. Once for the cowboy and once for his horse.

18 minutes ago, sixes said:

It is. It's like a bad 80s tv movie

Fitting since Queen is like a bad 80s tv movie in musical form.

Bumblefoot is the worst member in the history of the band. He may be the worst member of any band in the history of music. Lest we forget that this guy used his guitar to make elephant noises on a GNR album. 

On 2/25/2019 at 5:05 PM, magisme said:

Thread title really should say "other than Ashba". It's not a real question if you include Ashba since Ashba is IBO certified worst thing to happen to rock music since Queen.

You forgot to mention that a person would have to be an objective fag if they couldn't grasp that concept.

Tommy Stinson and Bumblefoot made their Gn'R career from passive-aggressive comments. Ashba seemed to be the Gronkowski of the band, except without the talent. 

You know the band is a bad state of affairs when your favorite musicians of the lineup consist of a nameless drummer and Richard Fortus.

Ashba, pitman and bumblefuck are the holy trinity of shit

A gay attention whore, a drunk bum and a complete dork. 

Non should have ever shared a stage with Axl Rose, even in his Tony Clifton years though they did make that period even funnier it was so shit 

Edited by Facekicker

I feel like anyone who isn't answering DJ is trying to be too cute. He is bad at playing the guitar, which is problematic if you are employed as a professional touring guitar player. He looks like an ass hole. He is what happens when you don't grow out of your hot topic phase. Imagine what a DJ Ashba contribution to a GN'R album would be like.

Imagine he wasn't just making up the fact he was considered to remain in Guns, and it actually happened. Imagine him playing on a stage with Slash and Duff. Imagine how fucking dumb he would look. Imagine him doing the Hulk Hogan ear-thing while playing rhythm guitar during Nightrain. Imagine time being taken out of the set where DJ fucking Ashba gets a guitar solo while Slash sort of stands around vamping. 

At least Bucket is incredible. Brain is an incredible drummer. Richard is great and fits in with the band. Bumble is incredible at guitar but meh. Tommy was perfect for the band at the time. Pittman was too inconsequential to get upset over. At the time everyone dunked on Finck for being a sloppy live player, but it wasn't for lack of talent, he at least was interesting. Frank isn't as bad as everyone says, gets along with everyone, but isn't nearly as offensive to the ears and eyes as DJ Ashba. The choice is obvious.

Yep, Ashba is a disgrace not only to Axl's band but represents everything that's wrong with pop music. But let's just consider it the "Who was the worst besides Ashba" thread for the sake of discussion.

7 hours ago, MillerGNR said:

Darren Ashba is a joke. Probably wanted to break into the emo scene but realized he was almost 40 and had someone to tell him to look for something else. Then he went for a modernized Motley Gay look and generic pop hard rock. He wore a tophat during his stint with Axl. Yes, a tophat. At least Finck was original.

Pitman. This guy was Axl's #1 brownnoser until Axl got tired of him and kicked him out. Simple as that. He was in his band because he was Axl's friend until Axl decided to call his old friends back. There was nothing artistic or related to music keeping him in the band.

Bumblethal had to use a guitar in the shape of a foot or a slice of cheese to get someone's attention. If he were 20 years younger, Youtube would be his gig. He's like a kind of primitive Steve T. He seemed nice enough to the fans which gives him a lot of credit. All his solo work/other bands are TERRIBLE! UNLISTENABLE. The Conspirators are shit but there will be at least 10 seconds of something catchy or mildly interesting there. With Ron, you get the worst of prog rock/metal out there.

These guys made NuNuGNR very unlikeable and hilarious at the same time. I can only imagine how NuNuNuGNR would look like now if Axl hadn't give Slash that call to beg him to return.

Will say, I hated Pitman but he was at first hired because Axl liked his work on Tool and Lusk records and wanfed him to do industrial type synth stuff. After the real CD era though he was useless. 

4 hours ago, TeeJay410 said:

I feel like anyone who isn't answering DJ is trying to be too cute. He is bad at playing the guitar, which is problematic if you are employed as a professional touring guitar player. He looks like an ass hole. He is what happens when you don't grow out of your hot topic phase. Imagine what a DJ Ashba contribution to a GN'R album would be like.

Imagine he wasn't just making up the fact he was considered to remain in Guns, and it actually happened. Imagine him playing on a stage with Slash and Duff. Imagine how fucking dumb he would look. Imagine him doing the Hulk Hogan ear-thing while playing rhythm guitar during Nightrain. Imagine time being taken out of the set where DJ fucking Ashba gets a guitar solo while Slash sort of stands around vamping. 

At least Bucket is incredible. Brain is an incredible drummer. Richard is great and fits in with the band. Bumble is incredible at guitar but meh. Tommy was perfect for the band at the time. Pittman was too inconsequential to get upset over. At the time everyone dunked on Finck for being a sloppy live player, but it wasn't for lack of talent, he at least was interesting. Frank isn't as bad as everyone says, gets along with everyone, but isn't nearly as offensive to the ears and eyes as DJ Ashba. The choice is obvious.

I actually think Finck was less talented than Ashba or BBF. I think the latter two were bad fits for GNR, but the one BBF album I heard I liked. The Little Brother album. He was bad on CD though.

If Ashba contributed to a gnr record it would probably sound like LA Guns - cheesy cock rock.

Finck though just sucked in every way and doesn't seem to have any real talent as a musician outside of GNR either. He could barely even solo when he was given a spot live

"Finck didn't even sound like Slash! At least Ashba tried to be Slash!"

The absolute state of GNR fans.

Finck is a great musician. His solos on CD are the only good things about the record. But he is not the guy to replace Slash and cover GNR songs.

Ashba is a mediocre musician. There's nothing original about anything he's done during his time as an Axl employee.... or in his own bands. He wouldn't make my top 200 best guitar players ever.