Sign in to follow this  
John Bonham

How Long Until Izzy Is Back In The Camp?

axizzy3ctzo1.png

axl_izzy.jpg

Recent news that Axl will tour with AC/DC but Brian Johnson will record with them in the studio, and the old quote from Axl that Frank is the GNR drummer, but that Brain still does work for them in the studio, leads me to believe that pretty soon, we'll hear rumors and see some vagueposting on social media that Izzy is back in the camp's good graces.

Fortus will continue to be the touring guitarist, but I fucking bet, I fucking bet you we see some evidence of Izzy working on the new GNR album soon. Soon.

Probably June/July

Izzy was the great songwriter of the band. Has great rhythm guitar chops and keeps it simple. Definitely my favorite member of the AFD line-up.

It’s over.

do not just bring the guy back ... everything has changed, time has passed. That GNR is gone.

1 hour ago, Barry said:

Bucket is dead..

Slash is alive, I think we all know who Bucket was now. 

Izzy will probably donate an album’s worth of material for the next album. A double cd release in 2021. 

I am willing to bet no on Izzy.  If (big word) there is another release, it will be primarily songs that were written from 1996-2002, with most of the work done in that time frame.  It's pretty easy to slap a new solo over an existing track (ask Ron), and call it good.  The mouth-breathers going to a live show won't care, as only 2-3 of the "new" songs will get any live play.  Tis a fucking sad existence we are in with this "band" 

35 minutes ago, deelowbrown said:

I am willing to bet no on Izzy.  If (big word) there is another release, it will be primarily songs that were written from 1996-2002, with most of the work done in that time frame.  It's pretty easy to slap a new solo over an existing track (ask Ron), and call it good.  The mouth-breathers going to a live show won't care, as only 2-3 of the "new" songs will get any live play.  Tis a fucking sad existence we are in with this "band" 

Who's to say that Axl doesn't have any old Izzy-penned songs (Down By The River, etc.), or that they don't already have some old Izzy rhythm tracks laying around (See Slash's Ghost)?

Whatever the new album sounds like, it will be sure to divide fans, have inexplicable decisions, be disappointing in some respects, confusing, weird, revelatory, confusing, fresh, stale, not long enough, too long, mixed, incoherent, incohesive, cohesive, etc. etc. etc.

I cant believe that you actually expect that old turd (axl) to release a new record.  

The phrase 'new record' has lost its meaning to me in the gnr world. 

Just like 'soon', 'final touches', 'the vault' or 'dental hygiene'.

1 minute ago, JeanGenie said:

I cant believe that you actually expect that old turd (axl) to release a new record.  

The phrase 'new record' has lost its meaning to me in the gnr world. 

Just like 'soon', 'final touches', 'the vault' or 'dental hygiene'.

it's "oral care", not 'dental hygiene'.

@GUNNER

soon was never the word in GNR's world.

new record and GNR...never use this in a same sentence. it´s true.

Edited by auad

15 minutes ago, auad said:

it's "oral care", not 'dental hygiene'.

@GUNNER

soon was never the word in GNR's world.

new record and GNR...never use this in a same sentence. it´s true.

Except 'there will never be a new gnr record' 

Oral care is what the missus gave me before I went to work this morning. 

They toured the world two and a half times for NITL.  If Izzy didn't feel inclined to get off his lay-z-boy, come down to whichever stadium was closest to him, and get up there and play one or two fucking songs, do Patience, and then piss off, I can't imagine him doing anything else.

The money thing must have really struck a nerve worse than anything else over the years, cause he's been stubborn as fuck.

Defo.

I think it's a sure thing that there's gonna be a new Guns N' Roses album. Eventually. I know we like to pretend that there won't be one, it's a funny joke and all, but like, come on. They'll shit an album out, yes they will. By 2020 I bet, if anyone wants to bet.

And that's because they are a little clever. And I think they are a little more clever than just a little, and they will eventually agree, if they haven't done it already, that more than need Izzy back, maybe they want it. I hope, and I believe Axl and Slash are serious about a new Guns N' Roses album. And I don't mean serious by actually doing, because of course they will, I mean serious as in a good Guns N' Roses record.

This is all just couple's fight. As if Izzy was so offended by their offer, or if they just couldn't stand each other. They are probably over it, and I don't think either that they would give the thing a shot without giving Izzy a call.

16 hours ago, John Bonham said:

Who's to say that Axl doesn't have any old Izzy-penned songs (Down By The River, etc.)

Was n`t this mythical Down By The Ocean reworked as "Box" and released on one of Izzy`s albums ?

I`ve heard something along those lines.

16 hours ago, John Bonham said:

Who's to say that Axl doesn't have any old Izzy-penned songs (Down By The River, etc.), or that they don't already have some old Izzy rhythm tracks laying around (See Slash's Ghost)?

Whatever the new album sounds like, it will be sure to divide fans, have inexplicable decisions, be disappointing in some respects, confusing, weird, revelatory, confusing, fresh, stale, not long enough, too long, mixed, incoherent, incohesive, cohesive, etc. etc. etc.

Izzy was quoted as saying Axl

had 4 of his songs. I think DBTO was one. Not sure if that became Box on a solo Izzy album. 

1 hour ago, John Bonham said:

No, Izzy wrote "Box" with Timo Kaltio. They are 2 different songs

Izzy said Axl had three more of his songs so they could use those at some point. I see Izzy and anyone else that has worked with GNR at this point as “in the canp”.