Sign in to follow this  
Skeeter

The Best and Worst of Mafia

3 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

I guess...

A Townie staying alive til the end of the game just shows that Mafia doesn't consider you much of a threat

Why don't you run some stats on who was Nightkilled the most?

I initially was trying to do that. 

Each player would have stats on his average stay in the game, night killed or day killed, did his team end up winning, and of course broken out between his games as mafia or town. 

That wouls literally have taken 10 hours of research. 

Some hosts were incredible and all that info was updated on page one. Day one - Arnold was lynched. Brasky killed during de night. Day two - etc. 

OTHER games they didn’t even list who won at the end of the game. Or you couldn’t tell who the remaining people were after the final kill. So I would have to write down the names of the winning role and then backtrack post by post, sometimes digging through 4-5 pages just to figure out who was still alive. 

I would have loved to have been able to say: Mags has 2 wins, one has town and one as mafia. He has played 15 games and his average play rate is to make it to day 4, which is 8th best amongst current players. He was night killed 6 times (avg night 3) and day lynched 7 times. He made it to the final day 4 times. Etc. 

But a lot of the hosts made it impossible to track all that. 

It also didn’t factor in when posters vote for the wrong people. Or when people quit mid game. Or how good of a host people are. 

7 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

i don’t rate myself because I’m a tad inpartial 

I rate you:

You suck :lol:

But, what would be a gnfnrf mafia game without Gunner's shitpartnershits and Brasky's gifs n' youtube links? ❤️

On 2/21/2019 at 6:14 PM, Skeeter said:

So my initial thought was that you were two things: stupid and a pussy. 

That's @bacardimayne level anger towards me...

I do remember our game, and yes I fucked up.

I'm sorry 

On 2/21/2019 at 7:20 PM, John Bonham said:

I guess...

A Townie staying alive til the end of the game just shows that Mafia doesn't consider you much of a threat

Why don't you run some stats on who was Nightkilled the most?

Exactly. I always die by the second day so skeeter's metric is flawed. 

I'm not saying I'm the best mafia player on the forum because I'm not. But I refuse to accept skeeter saying I'm the worst. I'm not. 

Lmfao at all the butthurt. 

I just listed the actual statistical information from all the games played. 

You people must have grown up in the “participation trophy” generation. 

Nowhere does it say “in my opinion.”

So....if the player with the lowest winning percentage of any member in forum HISTORY isn’t the worst player, what formula would you use to determine that? Not using opinions, but actual facts/stats?

Are you two still celebrating Tampa Bay as the best team in the NFL this year? Or the Suns being the top team in the nba last season? Heck. I’m still shocked that Texas was the best team in the mlb last year. I wonder who Rhonda Rousey will defend her title and undefeated mma record against this year?

2 hours ago, arnold layne said:

Exactly. I always die by the second day so skeeter's metric is flawed. 

I'm not saying I'm the best mafia player on the forum because I'm not. But I refuse to accept skeeter saying I'm the worst. I'm not. 

What metric is flawed? Wins and winning percentage.....

Why would dying the second day be better than being the last man standing? In what reality is it better to lose on day two than to lynch people all game and WIN by defeating all your opponents until you knock out their final member? 

Thats like saying that the dude who scored a basket one minute into a game (and finished with 5 points) is more valuable than the guy who scored 34 points and hit the game-winning 3-pointer at the buzzer. 

Unreal. 

3 hours ago, GnRLiars said:

I do remember our game, and yes I fucked up.

I'm sorry 

No worries. 

If you wouldn’t have flipped though....you would have more wins than anybody AND have the highest winning percentage in forum history.  You would be the undisputed GOAT - without debate or question. 

Well....a couple players would say the metrics (winning) were flawed and you aren’t as good of a player as the guy with zero wins in 19 games. And your six wins weren’t any more impressive than the guy with one win in 18 games. 

7 minutes ago, Skeeter said:

No worries. 

If you wouldn’t have flipped though....you would have more wins than anybody AND have the highest winning percentage in forum history.  You would be the undisputed GOAT - without debate or question. 

Well....a couple players would say the metrics (winning) were flawed and you aren’t as good of a player as the guy with zero wins in 19 games. And your six wins weren’t any more impressive than the guy with one win in 18 games. 

This just has a feeling of a backhanded compliment.  But I’ll take it

1 hour ago, Skeeter said:

What metric is flawed? Wins and winning percentage.....

Why would dying the second day be better than being the last man standing? In what reality is it better to lose on day two than to lynch people all game and WIN by defeating all your opponents until you knock out their final member? 

Thats like saying that the dude who scored a basket one minute into a game (and finished with 5 points) is more valuable than the guy who scored 34 points and hit the game-winning 3-pointer at the buzzer. 

Unreal. 

Alright pal.

2 hours ago, GnRLiars said:

This just has a feeling of a backhanded compliment.  But I’ll take it

No - it's all positive. You are tied for the most wins in forum history. And third best of all time in winning percentage.

1 hour ago, magisme said:

This thread proves just how retarded statistics and the people who spout statistics can be.

How so?

Facts hurt your feelings that much?

Next game if you were able to choose a partner.....you choosing the DS, who is tied for the most wins in history, and who has the second highest winning percentage in history......or you choosing Gunner? Would you choose Conor or a guy who has played 19 games in six years and never made it to the victory circle?

Bunch of SJW momma's boys in here, unbelievable.

"Hon, how did your hockey team do today?"
"We lost 12-3."

"NO YOU DIDN'T LOSE. The other team might have scored more points, but you are still a winner in mommy's heart. You are mommy's hero, let's go eat some ice cream."

On an unrelated note.....amazing that the NY Giants were the best team in football this year. Loved watching them put the Patriots and Rams in their place as losers. Eli Manning made Tom Brady, Patrick Mahones and Drew Brees look like high school players. 

(SMH at how much "dumb" there is in this topic).

24 minutes ago, Skeeter said:

you are still a winner in mommy's heart. You are mommy's hero, let's go eat some ice cream."

:rofl-lol:

2 hours ago, magisme said:

This thread proves just how retarded statistics and the people who spout statistics can be.

I don’t think you like me Mags...

that hurts 

1 hour ago, Skeeter said:

How so?

Facts hurt your feelings that much?

Next game if you were able to choose a partner.....you choosing the DS, who is tied for the most wins in history, and who has the second highest winning percentage in history......or you choosing Gunner? Would you choose Conor or a guy who has played 19 games in six years and never made it to the victory circle?

Bunch of SJW momma's boys in here, unbelievable.

"Hon, how did your hockey team do today?"
"We lost 12-3."

"NO YOU DIDN'T LOSE. The other team might have scored more points, but you are still a winner in mommy's heart. You are mommy's hero, let's go eat some ice cream."

On an unrelated note.....amazing that the NY Giants were the best team in football this year. Loved watching them put the Patriots and Rams in their place as losers. Eli Manning made Tom Brady, Patrick Mahones and Drew Brees look like high school players. 

(SMH at how much "dumb" there is in this topic).

Imagine thinking I'd read this.

39 minutes ago, GnRLiars said:

I don’t think you like me Mags...

that hurts 

Why would you think that? I like you.

Statistics are all well and good bit you have to factor in things like killing Arnold on the first day/night has become a tradition so it doesn't necessarily reflect on his ability as a player. 

Also I think I made Arnold a drunk cop in my game where all his investigations revealed faulty intel 

Again, not his fault and I think he got lynched as a result. :lol: Sorry Arnold you took it in good spirits though 

2 hours ago, Facekicker said:

Statistics are all well and good bit you have to factor in things like killing Arnold on the first day/night has become a tradition so it doesn't necessarily reflect on his ability as a player. 

Also I think I made Arnold a drunk cop in my game where all his investigations revealed faulty intel 

Again, not his fault and I think he got lynched as a result. :lol: Sorry Arnold you took it in good spirits though 

Any time! Just happy to play.