Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
wasted

30 Day Rehab

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

Shitty diet can give you non-alcoholic fatty liver disease too.

True I’ve made a point to tick all boxes of liver abuse. But I assume no one is eat advocardo salads and tuna all week. But I notice no one drinks 8 hours a day for 20 years. I had food poisoning, drinking and downing ibuprofen then thought I should book a medical. They sort of said you’re exhausted and I was like this is my lifestyle. 

Edited by wasted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Skeeter said:

Another thing to strive for is to be at a place in life where you don’t have to chemically alter your brain to have a good time!!!

Can’t I just hate being sober and life in general? That’s my kind of party. Dragon Age 2 and lemon juice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, arnold layne said:

I wouldn't tamper with 0.5 beer. Just let your liver heal for thirty days and go back. Better to be able to drink again than none for the rest of your life. 

 

One day at a time. 

It’s only 30 days and it’s not like prison or anything. I bought grape juice and soda water. It’s steak night!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last time I got drunk was the Mayweather vs. Pacquiao fight. I started getting what I guess you would call "anxiety" after a night of drinking. It felt like I had had an electric current run through my entire body which left me feeling completely fried. And this feeling would last for days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Facekicker said:

Milk Thistle for the liver. Plenty of water. 

 

 

I’ve been drinking 3 pots of coffee but I should switch to straight water. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

The last time I got drunk was the Mayweather vs. Pacquiao fight. I started getting what I guess you would call "anxiety" after a night of drinking. It felt like I had had an electric current run through my entire body which left me feelling completely fried. And this feeling would last for days. 

Woah that souds awesome and scary.

 

I get nothing from drinking really. I just drink 4-6 beers then drink half a bottle of wine everyday. I switched to gin and pastis in the summer. But I started finishing the bottle of gin for no reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Skeeter said:

Why so angry? 

I didn’t insult or call anybody a name. 

 

It’s weird how defensive people get sometimes. It’s ok to have different opinions on things. But share an opinion that isn’t supporting drug or alcohol use and the first response is always “you condensing prick. You aren’t better than me. Fuck off.” 

 

Get drunk every night. More power to you. It’s your life, live it how you want.  And it’s also OK to not have to drink to have a good time. 

 

You shouldn’t get offended because not everybody has to get drunk to have fun. 

 

I don’t need to drink, smoke or do drugs to relax or have a good time. Sorry if that makes people angry. 

 

What do you do instead of drinking? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would happen a little under half the time I would drink and it didn't seem to matter if I had 5 drinks or 15 drinks. I gave up after failing to figure out the pattern. Will be four years in May since I last had an alcoholic beverage. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

It would happen a little under half the time I would drink and it didn't seem to matter if I had 5 drinks or 15 drinks. I gave up after failing to figure out the pattern. Will be four years in May since I last had an alcoholic beverage. 

 

Sounds sort of like a circulation thing. Almost like a heart attack. A friend from school died in december back in the day we used to drink all day. He’d have 34 pints. He had a aortic tear in his heart. It’s new thing they don’t really test for. I read about some guy in vegas doing coke he had electric shocks running through his body had a mild heart attack then went back out partying he didn’t quit until two years later. Probably best to quit drinking if it electrifies your body. 

 

I have no bad feeling or any downside from drinking. I wasn’t actually aware that you can only have 2 drinks a day. I thought binge drinking was worse than continuous drinking. 

 

I’m going to have to turn into a craft beer hipster. 1 imported IPA from the Sudan a week. 

 

Edited by wasted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, wasted said:

What do you do instead of drinking? 

Probably "loves his family" and "feels the love of Christ." Whatever. I have a warmth deep within me, too. It's called whiskey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

Probably "loves his family" and "feels the love of Christ." Whatever. I have a warmth deep within me, too. It's called whiskey.

I’d rather die of liver cirrhosis than find God. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It came down to the math. I was cool with trading one night of binge drinking for one day of feeling hungover. But when you are trading one night of binge drinking for multiple days of anxiety, you ain't breaking even at worst anymore.

 

I traded it in for a bit of an exercise addiction, a litte ganja, some microdosing, and mindfulness meditation. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

It came down to the math. I was cool with trading one night of binge drinking for one day of feeling hungover. But when you are trading one night of binge drinking for multiple days of anxiety, you ain't breaking even at worst anymore.

 

I traded it in for a bit of an exercise addiction, a litte ganja, some microdosing, and mindfulness meditation. 

 

 

Makes sense at a certain point drinking for drinking’s sake gets boring. 

 

My version of that was not binge drinking but just drinking more slowly everyday. So 4 beers and a bottle of wine was everyday. 

 

My idea is not to drink at home. Only drink if I go to a bar or something. I never go to a bar so that cuts out a lot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without Beer I didn’t eat any fast food last week either. I used to go to Carl’s Jr literally everyday for 10 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is Dark Days in Candyland. Responsible weekend warriors are a thing of the past. We had more people die last year from overdoses than suicides, murders, and automobile accidents combined. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wasted said:

Without Beer I didn’t eat any fast food last week either. I used to go to Carl’s Jr literally everyday for 10 years. 

One time on a roadtrip to California I ate nothing but Burger King and Carl Jr's for a week, along with drinking every night. I was sick for quite a while after that. It was so fucking cheap though! You can find double and triple bacon cheeseburger deals at practically every exit and off ramp across the U-S-A. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

One time on a roadtrip to California I ate nothing but Burger King and Carl Jr's for a week, along with drinking every night. I was sick for quite a while after that. It was so fucking cheap though! You can find double and triple bacon cheeseburger deals at practically every exit and off ramp across the U-S-A. 

I went to the supermarket last week to buy real food. 1 steak costs what I would spend on fast food in a week. Only thing affordable is chicken temders and pork chops. A can of tuna costs the same as a Big Mac meal. So you are basically barricaded in your apartment eating tinned food. Wine at least does something to you. A steak is gone in under a minute. I guess more time for reading. But reading is pointless no one cares or knows what you read. It’s enough to drive anyone to booze. 

Edited by wasted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, wasted said:

I went to the supermarket last week to buy real food. 1 steak costs what I would spend on fast food in a week. Only thing affordable is chicken temders and pork chops. A can of tuna costs the same as a Big Mac meal. So you are basically barricaded in your apartment eating tinned food. Wine at least does something to you. A steak is gone in under a minute. I guess more time for reading. But reading is pointless no one cares or knows what you read. It’s enough to drive anyone to booze. 

Sounds like either China sucks dick because of how expensive shit is or is awesome because of how cheap fast food is. What steak are you buying? Rib eye, I can see being up to 10-11 bucks a pound if not on sale. Sirloin, cross rib, tri-tip should all be around 4 bucks a pound.

 

How the fuck does a can of tuna cost what a Mac meal costs? Just buy canned chicken, can of cream of chicken, and a bag of veggies. Should be several meals for under 4 bucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

Sounds like either China sucks dick because of how expensive shit is or is awesome because of how cheap fast food is. What steak are you buying? Rib eye, I can see being up to 10-11 bucks a pound if not on sale. Sirloin, cross rib, tri-tip should all be around 4 bucks a pound.

 

How the fuck does a can of tuna cost what a Mac meal costs? Just buy canned chicken, can of cream of chicken, and a bag of veggies. Should be several meals for under 4 bucks.

A can of tuna is 19rmb, a Mac meal is 22rmb. $1 is about 7rmb. 

 

I’m probably looking at imported steak from Australia or Wagu. You can get frozen steaks for 39rmb that are terrible or 2 big macs. 16rmb 500g of chicken tenders so that’s the best option. 

 

Chinese food is pretty cheap but it’s not healthy really. For liver recovery need to eat meat and vegetables not fried dumplings. Salmon seems expensive. 100rmb for 4 pieces that I’d eat 2 at a time.  Seems a lot after just getting a McMeal. Six pack

of chinese beer is 10rmb. 

 

Basically for 100rmb I can eat at McDonalds for 5 days. For an extra 50rmb I can drink a six pack every day. So it’s pretty good in that way. 

Edited by wasted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

Sounds like either China sucks dick because of how expensive shit is or is awesome because of how cheap fast food is. What steak are you buying? Rib eye, I can see being up to 10-11 bucks a pound if not on sale. Sirloin, cross rib, tri-tip should all be around 4 bucks a pound.

 

How the fuck does a can of tuna cost what a Mac meal costs? Just buy canned chicken, can of cream of chicken, and a bag of veggies. Should be several meals for under 4 bucks.

A shorter answer is in China it’s more expemsive to go to the supermarket than eat in a restaurant. I’ve heard that’s what Australia is like too. 22rmb for a jar of beet root costs the same as a Mac meal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...