Jump to content
John Bonham

Guns N' Roses — Seven — Release Date Pool

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Miser said:

I don't think any new material will come out this year.

I don't think they'll blank an entire decade. Has any othet band ever done that? Talk about groundbreaking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think Faith No More released a record in the 00s?

 

Maybe same for Soundgarden? 

 

Axl could’ve not released CD in the 00s then done a reunion in 2011. 

 

I think that first era and the big singles they had really put them beyond all the grunge bands, if they didn’t blow it by trying to redo the past. 

 

That’s why the next record might not happen with Axl and Slash. There’s a chance the record doesn’t quite hit the mark of AFD 2 and the press will give it 7/10. If Izzy isn’t there the critics will point at it. Again they have to put out a killer album. 

Edited by wasted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, wasted said:

I don’t think Faith No More released a record in the 00s?

 

Maybe same for Soundgarden? 

 

Axl could’ve not released CD in the 00s then done a reunion in 2011. 

 

I think that first era and the big singles they had really put them beyond all the grunge bands, if they didn’t blow it by trying to redo the past. 

 

That’s why the next record might not happen with Axl and Slash. There’s a chance the record doesn’t quite hit the mark of AFD 2 and the press will give it 7/10. If Izzy isn’t there the critics will point at it. Again they have to put out a killer album. 

It'll be something like VHs A Different Kind Of Truth, or rehashed, lukewarm rerecorded versions of "vault" songs/CD leftovers with no new vocals from Axl.

Perhaps Slash and the band will come up with a new instrumental.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Doctor Dom said:

It'll be something like VHs A Different Kind Of Truth, or rehashed, lukewarm rerecorded versions of "vault" songs/CD leftovers with no new vocals from Axl.

Perhaps Slash and the band will come up with a new instrumental.

 

 

Hopefully Slash collabing with various writers will work out again. I wonder where the extra dimension Izzy provided will come from. Maybe Fortus has some songs. I can’t see it being a Slash solo album with Axl singing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, wasted said:

Hopefully Slash collabing with various writers will work out again. I wonder where the extra dimension Izzy provided will come from. Maybe Fortus has some songs. I can’t see it being a Slash solo album with Axl singing. 

Fortus can't write a good song to save himself, obviously.

 

Can you see an Axl solo album with Slash and Duff pasted onto It?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Doctor Dom said:

Fortus can't write a good song to save himself, obviously.

 

Can you see an Axl solo album with Slash and Duff pasted onto It?

Slash can work off Axl’s vocal melodies or some riff or demo from CD era. CD era demos are the new Izzy Stradlin. But the best songs like Dust N Bones were worked on by Slash, Izzy and Duff. Izzy was at least a creative spark, plus lyrics, songs that they could build off. 

 

At CE Axl said new stuff will be working off his vocal melodies. More like AFD was done. But Slash could still rework older material. They have always done that. Even on AFD Anything Goes was an older song. 

 

I think Fortus might be the key. Possibly Slash and Fortus can do something like the Spaghetti Incident soundwise. Mainly Axl’s lyrics and melodies. Maybe Duff has a song. Maybe use an old Izzy song. VR rockers with Axl epics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2019 at 2:06 PM, John Bonham said:

Official Rules

Reply below to sign-up for a week.

If Guns N' Roses next album comes out that week, you win.

 

Prizes

There will be a jackpot prize for the winner. I will be adding items to the jackpot as we get closer to the release date.

$20 USD

1 Copy of Reckless Road by Marc Canter

1 copy of It's So Easy and Other Lies by Duff McKagan

A hand-written, signed congratulatory letter from the admin of Gunsnfnroses.com

More prizes TBA

 

Release Date Pool

September 1-7 @Deadstar

September 8-14 @wasted

September 15-21 @bacardimayne

September 22-28 @Frank Drebin

September 29-October 5 @Skeeter

October 6-12 @MillerGNR

October 13-19 @magisme

October 20-26 @GnRLiars

Ocotber 27-November 2 @sixes

November 3-9 @JeanGenie

November 10-16 @deelowbrown

November 17-23 @auad

November 24-30 @uruguns

December 1-7 @Gordon Comstock

December 8-14 @AxlisOld

December 15-21 @I_Are_ess

December 22-28 @ManetsBR

December 29-January 4 @Weaponized Autist

 

Bumping since this is basically confirmed now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s looking like a possible Nov 2019 “surprise” release. 

 

The surprise element will warrant a media blackout, so no one will know who wrote what or when the songs were done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2019 at 2:06 PM, John Bonham said:

Official Rules

Reply below to sign-up for a week.

If Guns N' Roses next album comes out that week, you win.

 

Prizes

There will be a jackpot prize for the winner. I will be adding items to the jackpot as we get closer to the release date.

$20 USD

1 Copy of Reckless Road by Marc Canter

1 copy of It's So Easy and Other Lies by Duff McKagan

A hand-written, signed congratulatory letter from the admin of Gunsnfnroses.com

One large bag of peanut M+Ms

More prizes TBA

 

Release Date Pool

September 1-7 @Deadstar

September 8-14 @wasted

September 15-21 @bacardimayne

September 22-28 @Frank Drebin

September 29-October 5 @Skeeter

October 6-12 @MillerGNR

October 13-19 @magisme

October 20-26 @GnRLiars

Ocotber 27-November 2 @sixes

November 3-9 @JeanGenie

November 10-16 @deelowbrown

November 17-23 @auad

November 24-30 @uruguns

December 1-7 @Gordon Comstock

December 8-14 @AxlisOld

December 15-21 @I_Are_ess

December 22-28 @ManetsBR

December 29-January 4 @Weaponized Autist

 

I am throwing in one large bag of peanut M+Ms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Bonham said:

I am throwing in one large bag of peanut M+Ms

I need to win this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone even really care if we get new music this year or next? I think Axls missed the boat on capitalizing on any hype he created over the past 3-5 years. No one is yearning for it now. Sure it’ll be big if they do release something but people don’t really care if they don’t compared to before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GNS said:

Does anyone even really care if we get new music this year or next? I think Axls missed the boat on capitalizing on any hype he created over the past 3-5 years. No one is yearning for it now. Sure it’ll be big if they do release something but people don’t really care if they don’t compared to before.

As usual from Guns N' Roses, too little, too late

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wasted said:

Anyone who was a GNR fan in 80s is probably dead now. Or without good healthcare. 

:lolzers:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, GNS said:

Does anyone even really care if we get new music this year or next? I think Axls missed the boat on capitalizing on any hype he created over the past 3-5 years. No one is yearning for it now. Sure it’ll be big if they do release something but people don’t really care if they don’t compared to before.

Axl is good in it...missing the boats...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John Bonham said:

Should be getting an announcement in rhe next 3 weeks

Locked n Loaded 2

This time it’s fatter and shittier

 

includes 2 for 1 coupon at Tommy’s Burger 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...