Sign in to follow this  
auad

The Official "Shut Up 4tus" 2019 Thread

As far as we can tell, the big nose will not close its mouth anytime soon ... so I invite you to post here all the pearls that Mr. 4Tus will give us this year...

220px-Richard_Fortus_(8056234364).jpg

From the last week:

“Slash is on tour right now,” Fortus says. “Once he gets back from that, we’re gonna get some more recording done and hopefully get an album out soon. And then we’ll get back to touring.”

In the meantime, Fortus is happy to try something as loose and spontaneous as Headtronics.

“Generally, the stuff I do is all song-based, where there might be free sections (for soloing and jamming) here and there,” he says. “But this is sort of the opposite of that. It’ll be a cool collaboration, and I’m excited to do it.”

full article: 

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/music/richard-fortus-of-guns-n-roses-gets-experimental-with-headtronics/article_8596478a-a7c9-5928-9bcf-847d6238f021.html

Thread created following the guidelines of this forum:

Edited by auad

3 minutes ago, magisme said:

The trick to GNR-speak is to identify the noncommittal signifiers. When you see them, you know that the opposite of the attached statement is the objective truth.

For example:

Noncommittal Signifier = "hopefully"

Attached Statement = "We're gonna [...] get an album out soon."

Therefore...

Objective Truth = "We're not gonna get an album out soon."

Well done man.

this is it!

1 hour ago, Barry said:

His choice of tone is awful.

Maybe the main reason he's in the band is that he's a lot like Izzy ...

This kind of thing reminds me of posts like Rovim or wcuck who always claimed NuNuNuGNR was a real band and everyone had a say on everything, Fortus' input mattered, Dizwald's input mattered, etc. Of course it is the same with Slash and Duff back but at least I never believed anything would change.

6 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

One of the first articles ever posted on this site was "Fortus and Dizzy Confirm New Album for 2011" or some shit

5 hours ago, John Bonham said:

One of the first articles ever posted on this site was "Fortus and Dizzy Confirm New Album for 2011" or some shit

I was gonna say, I remember him saying that and thinking "ha, more like 2014!"

Ugh

21 hours ago, auad said:

“Slash is on tour right now,” Fortus says. “Once he gets back from that, we’re gonna get some more recording done and hopefully get an album out soon. And then we’ll get back to touring.”

Someone should remind him that it's the quality not the quantity

Do you think Slash will play Fortus’ parts like he did Izzy’s parts on UYI? 

I don’t think Slash can be part of a tapestry. Axl must have handed the keys over to Slash. 

8 hours ago, wasted said:

Do you think Slash will play Fortus’ parts like he did Izzy’s parts on UYI? 

I don’t think Slash can be part of a tapestry. Axl must have handed the keys over to Slash. 

I don't know... I think Slash will do what Axl tells him to do as long as he can put his mark on it and my guess is Axl will want to give Richard the chance to show what he can do on a potential release.

Slash seems to prefer to do all of the guitars himself, but that's what the Conspirators are for: to dictate his cock rock direction. Gn'R is for being a "team player". I think Slash can kinda be all over the album while still giving Richard a chance to be heard too.

Slash is in the same band with a keyboard player and a synth player so sky's the limit. They should really release a double album at the very least. Could be cool if Slash n' Fortus will have an Appetite- esque guitar interplay but 50 layers of Slash guitars can work as well.

8 hours ago, Rovim said:

I don't know... I think Slash will do what Axl tells him to do as long as he can put his mark on it and my guess is Axl will want to give Richard the chance to show what he can do on a potential release.

Slash seems to prefer to do all of the guitars himself, but that's what the Conspirators are for: to dictate his cock rock direction. Gn'R is for being a "team player". I think Slash can kinda be all over the album while still giving Richard a chance to be heard too.

Slash is in the same band with a keyboard player and a synth player so sky's the limit. They should really release a double album at the very least. Could be cool if Slash n' Fortus will have an Appetite- esque guitar interplay but 50 layers of Slash guitars can work as well.

Niven did say a while ago that Axl was going through the CD era stuff and Slash wasn’t happy about. Slash has always been stubborn about GNR’s records. Like he thought Spaghetti Inc was the best sounding GNR album. I don’t think him filling in for Finck or Bucket is his idea. But he might have got the collab thing about GNR. The question does he want to be on that kind of album knowingly. With AFD and UYI he seemed to take the reins after the songwriters came in with ideas. Duff said about the CD songs that they heard something else in those songs. Which means they would play them differently. So CD songs in a Spaghetti way. Slash’s hard rock sound and assured sounded, more punk with Duff. Fortus maybe someone Slash can play with and Axl could write with. I do think Slash being part of a GNR with a broader scope might bring another classic. You get more of a 3D epic with them all involved. Hopefully Slash cuts loose with RNDTH or Suckertrain Blues for the opener before they start bringing the Area 51 stuff. 

11 minutes ago, wasted said:

Spaghetti Inc was the best sounding GNR album. I

Good post man.

and yes, spagueti is the best sounding GNR album. The guys in their prime!

4 hours ago, wasted said:

Niven did say a while ago that Axl was going through the CD era stuff and Slash wasn’t happy about. Slash has always been stubborn about GNR’s records. Like he thought Spaghetti Inc was the best sounding GNR album. I don’t think him filling in for Finck or Bucket is his idea. But he might have got the collab thing about GNR. The question does he want to be on that kind of album knowingly. With AFD and UYI he seemed to take the reins after the songwriters came in with ideas. Duff said about the CD songs that they heard something else in those songs. Which means they would play them differently. So CD songs in a Spaghetti way. Slash’s hard rock sound and assured sounded, more punk with Duff. Fortus maybe someone Slash can play with and Axl could write with. I do think Slash being part of a GNR with a broader scope might bring another classic. You get more of a 3D epic with them all involved. Hopefully Slash cuts loose with RNDTH or Suckertrain Blues for the opener before they start bringing the Area 51 stuff. 

I think Slash is finally ready to truly collaborate and be a part of Axl's vision. His top priority is to tour, his true passion. That and money so it's kinda different from the good old days when he could freely make power plays like playing a few notes of Fall To Pieces ideas to Axl and then not letting him use it ("allegedly") and also quitting the band, expecting Axl to beg him to come back cause he probably thought Gn'R could not exist without him. I think I'll be surprised with what Slash can tolerate. I wonder if that will extend to Axl keeping some Robin/Bucket solos or Slash playing the notes they came up with but with his feel. Probably not though.

But it's easier now, after 20 years and Perla and it's clear to everyone that Axl is in charge with Slash n' Duff getting to be a part of it. I think they are thankful/careful enough to make it work. I'm guessing Slash can't fuck it up too bad in the studio cause it's a Guns album so maybe he'll actually attempt to come up with compelling ideas this time. He needs an event to truly work hard in the studio and play outside his cockfort zone.

Cool thing is Axl seems to be impressed with Slash's playing on the tour so I'm hoping for a Slash opener like you said like RNDTH or Suckertrain Blues and maybe even a couple more riff based Slash n' Duff tunes. Slash almost always starts his albums with a bang. I hope Axl will allow it.

I also think Axl is still very much interested in more epic stuff, is attached to the unreleased Chinese material and will still go with the Queen approach (more is more, many different styles) so maybe it could be a hybrid of old and new material, an album that rocks harder than Chinese did but retains it's scope and has more of the Guns sound, but is still hella pretentious.

3 hours ago, Rovim said:

I think Slash is finally ready to truly collaborate and be a part of Axl's vision. His top priority is to tour, his true passion. That and money so it's kinda different from the good old days when he could freely make power plays like playing a few notes of Fall To Pieces ideas to Axl and then not letting him use it ("allegedly") and also quitting the band, expecting Axl to beg him to come back cause he probably thought Gn'R could not exist without him. I think I'll be surprised with what Slash can tolerate. I wonder if that will extend to Axl keeping some Robin/Bucket solos or Slash playing the notes they came up with but with his feel. Probably not though.

But it's easier now, after 20 years and Perla and it's clear to everyone that Axl is in charge with Slash n' Duff getting to be a part of it. I think they are thankful/careful enough to make it work. I'm guessing Slash can't fuck it up too bad in the studio cause it's a Guns album so maybe he'll actually attempt to come up with compelling ideas this time. He needs an event to truly work hard in the studio and play outside his cockfort zone.

Cool thing is Axl seems to be impressed with Slash's playing on the tour so I'm hoping for a Slash opener like you said like RNDTH or Suckertrain Blues and maybe even a couple more riff based Slash n' Duff tunes. Slash almost always starts his albums with a bang. I hope Axl will allow it.

I also think Axl is still very much interested in more epic stuff, is attached to the unreleased Chinese material and will still go with the Queen approach (more is more, many different styles) so maybe it could be a hybrid of old and new material, an album that rocks harder than Chinese did but retains it's scope and has more of the Guns sound, but is still hella pretentious.

Within the context of GNR, CD wasn’t that far out. In someways the bloated sounded of UYI was reigned in, the 10 minute songs cut to 6 minutes, no really long solos and My World is probably the most experimental GNR song. For where rock was in the zeros CD sounds like a bunch of commercial singles compared to Korn albums and like true classic album rock compared to Nickleback. CD was like 3 cds worth of singles on one cd. I think that intensity will be on the next record even if Slash is channeling Jimmy Page Hendrix in the studio. 

On 7/2/2019 at 1:53 AM, Ragnar said:

Jesus Christ, who wastes time on so much verbal masturbation :facepalm:

After reading part of Cuckvim's post, your posts look like Shakespeare. Couldn't agree more Ragnarina.

36 minutes ago, maynard said:

After reading part of Cuckvim's post, your posts look like Shakespeare. Couldn't agree more Ragnarina.

Suck dick, gayfartinho.

I kind of expect CD II to be completely different to CD sound wise maybe even thematically might not be as focused as CD was. More like UYI but switching between AFD, UYI and CD material. Maybe that is VR plays CD to most people.