Sign in to follow this  
arnold layne

Anybody watching the AAF?

It seems like every year some league tries to take on football in the spring but this one seems to be gaining traction.

There are like 20,000+ fans showing up to these games! Even some college teams in the BIG10 don't have that many fans during game day.

I don't think it will succeed but there's something brewing here.

Watch next week. You'll see former NFL stars Trent Richardson and Mike Singletary battle for some relevance.

The amount of buzz this league is getting way surpassed my expectations. Even CBS is giving it air time.

It was on CBS up here in Canada on Saturday night.. it went against Hockey Night in Canada. It was Toronto vs Montreal to boot, not a game you want to go against

but I was flipping between the channels. 

It seemed good.

just my thought, but...

my my neighbours to the south need to stop comparing any new pro league to the NFL.

Nothing will ever be the NFL except the NFL.

You guys have a wealth of talent that doesn’t make the NFL and would be good in another pro or developmental league.

Take it for what it is and watch and enjoy.

it wasn’t bad

13 hours ago, GnRLiars said:

It was on CBS up here in Canada on Saturday night.. it went against Hockey Night in Canada. It was Toronto vs Montreal to boot, not a game you want to go against

but I was flipping between the channels. 

It seemed good.

just my thought, but...

my my neighbours to the south need to stop comparing any new pro league to the NFL.

Nothing will ever be the NFL except the NFL.

You guys have a wealth of talent that doesn’t make the NFL and would be good in another pro or developmental league.

Take it for what it is and watch and enjoy.

it wasn’t bad

Thank you. It's football outside the NFL season with some NFL talent.

Kareem Hunt is in the league @magisme and @Donald Trump. Besides the tacky team names, what is not to like?

52 minutes ago, magisme said:

I have no idea what this league is. When is it on? What channels?

It's an eight team league. 

Games are televised on CBS and NFL Network every Saturday and Sunday for the next nine weeks. Pretty neat yeah?

OK. The product is definitely inferior. They are trying to make it a development league for the NFL. But, it's football for the next two months AND some of these teams have former NFL talent coached BY former NFL talent. 

One positive aspect I have taken from this league is that QB sacks are back.

If you watch it from an unbiased viewpoint and don't give it many expectations, it may tide you over for a little while.

Well, NXT is better than the Raw and Smackdown products, maybe they're onto something here. Methinks they're trying to get a jump on the XFL, get people watching theirs in Feb and March.

I have been watching it and it hasn't been too bad but I'm still waiting for the XFL.