Sign in to follow this  
auad

CLARKE To Release 'The Gospel Truth'

gilbyclarkegoldenrobotfeb2019promo_638.j

Former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Gilby Clarke has signed a deal with Golden Robot Records. He will release his first solo album in 15 years, "The Gospel Truth", later this year.

Mark Alexander-Erber, Golden Robot founder and president, says: "I couldn't be happier to sign such an incredible artist like Gilby Clarke to our GRR international roster. He is totally authentic through and through. He brings such a wealth of experience to his songwriting, playing and producing and I know the world is ready for his new solo album which is a long time coming. It is an honor to release this record."

Clarke was equally excited about the signing, saying: "I am so happy to be a part of the Golden Robot family for my new solo record. I use the word 'family,' because I feel like I found a home. We share the same passion for rock and roll! Rock and roll is alive and well, and together we will turn it up loud!"

At last month's NAMM show in in Anaheim, California, Clarke stated about the long delay in getting his new solo album completed: "For me, I can't do a record unless I feel good about the songs. I wanna make a record that I wanna listen to. So, these songs I'm really excited about. They're new songs. It really is classic rock. There's really nothing new on it — it's just a new version of what I like to do, which is loud guitars, man. So, I went in there. I used guys like Kenny Aronoff on drums, Steve Perkins — some really great players. I played all the guitars and did all the singing on it. But I think it's good — I think it's a good fresh approach on classic rock, really."

Gilby has spent the last few years working on the disc, which will reportedly feature members of Clarke's solo band, EJ Curse (bass/vocals) and Troy Patrick Farrell (drums/vocals).

Clarke replaced founding guitarist Izzy Stradlin in the GUNS lineup in 1991, during the "Use Your Illusion" tour, and stayed with the band for three years. After exiting GUNS N' ROSES, Clarke continued as a producer and solo artist, while also playing in SLASH'S SNAKEPIT, ROCK STAR SUPERNOVA, HEART and other acts.

Clarke released his solo debut, "Pawnshop Guitars", in 1994.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-guns-n-roses-guitarist-gilby-clarke-to-release-the-gospel-truth-solo-album-via-golden-robot-records/

Thread created following the guidelines of this forum:

Edited by auad

2 minutes ago, Skeeter said:

At least he is releasing music. 

How can you guys fault a musician for releasing music?

The premeditated assault on our ears for one sir.

11 minutes ago, Skeeter said:

At least he is releasing music. 

How can you guys fault a musician for releasing music?

I Agree.

everybody is working...except the Red Panda.

Edited by auad

Just now, Bill Brasky said:

The premeditated assault on our ears for one sir.

I suppose you wouldn’t have to buy it or listen to it. And it won’t be played on the radio. 

He has released good music in th past though. 

I just aporeciate bands/artists that share music with their fans. Gilby’s album will only sell a few hundred copies. But those 200 people will be happy. 

18 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

Dx3FVaNWwAIB8OM.jpg

Will those 200 people be happy for the music or how good he made their coffee ️ at Starbucks ?

I don’t think he works there. But if he does, then hopefully both? 

Coffee drinkers are pretty fanatical about their addiction. So hopefully all baristas do a good job!

Axl and GnR’s 2019 release is a bag of cheese. Let that sink in. 

(I know, somebody will say they would rather have a bag of cheese than a Gilby album).

1 hour ago, deelowbrown said:

I would rather have a slice of cheese than a new Gilby album.......Fuck 

The world is an awesome place in that you have that right and option!!!!

Gilby fans have a new album to enjoy. And guys like you can go to Target and buy a package of cheese!!! Everybody wins!!!

Have you listened to any of his catalog? Pawnshop Guitars gets pretty good reviews. Even Axl sang on that album!

And FOR THE RECORD........Gilby's musical output is pretty mediocre. His talent is really in the studio, helping other bands.

I'm not a die-hard Gilby music fan at all.

I was simply pointing out that it's cool to see musicians releasing music for THEIR fans to enjoy. Obviously if you aren't a fan - then you won't be interested in his new album. If Metallica announced a new album this year there would be 8 guys on here responding "Fuck Metallica, they suck, they should have retired 20 years ago."  Bansd release music for their fanbase - not for dudes who just hate on everything.

In a day and age where bands don't release a lot of new music (see GnR for one), I just appreciate artists that still do. Even if their music isn't my cup of tea. I grew up in an era where bands released new albums every year or every other year (see GnR 1987-1991) and it was an amazing time to be alive. Every year you would get 20-25 albums from bands that you loved.  When was the last time you guys said "what a year this was, I bought 25 albums!"

I'll politely bow out now. Continue saying how much this musician sucks, because you don't like his style.

Gilby was better than their current session musician on rhythm.

Gilby's solo spot was Wild Horses. Richard's was a Christina Aguilera tune... brutal. 

5 minutes ago, Barry said:

^

..it's exactly what fans of fake Gn'R deserved though. 

It´s true.

Current lineup is like a Horror Circus.