Sign in to follow this  
auad

Rival Sons

RS-Logo-Black.jpg

Hello guys!

I would like to talk to you about Rival Sons, and know your opinion about them.

I like the band, I think the classic rock they make is of excellent quality. Very good records and shows full of energy ... spirtual connection.

We can start the thread with some pearls from their great new album:

Edited by auad

Geez...

Enough of "this is better than that"...

Fuck!
Let's talk about Rival Sons! This thread is for that!

Edited by auad

Why do they dress like they're in the 70s or something? You're a band in 2019, act like one. Reminds me of that Brazilian band called Cachorro Grande. They act, look and sound like an old British rock band. Come on! How will next generations remember them? Like copies of past generations. That's pathetic. Find an identity, be a 2000s rock band, be original!

As for the music... The riff is cool but I feel I've heard it a thousand times before. Can't stand the guys voice. So generic. But then again, I never liked this kind of music. Reminds of Jack White, one of the most boring musicians I've ever heard.

To auad and those who like it. Notice I'm not saying it sucks and you're wrong. I'm saying I don't like it and sharing my reasons for not liking it.

1 minute ago, MillerGNR said:

Why do they dress like they're in the 70s or something? You're a band in 2019, act like one. Reminds me of that Brazilian band called Cachorro Grande. They act, look and sound like an old British rock band. Come on! How will next generations remember them? Like copies of past generations. That's pathetic. Find an identity, be a 2000s rock band, be original!

As for the music... The riff is cool but I feel I've heard it a thousand times before. Can't stand the guys voice. So generic. But then again, I never liked this kind of music. Reminds of Jack White, one of the most boring musicians I've ever heard.

To auad and those who like it. Notice I'm not saying it sucks and you're wrong. I'm saying I don't like it and sharing my reasons for not liking it.

Cool your participation!
About the clothes, it's true. I know some songs from Cachorro Grande ... musically I can say that RS is well above.

Try two or three more songs of them. you may be surprised.

3 hours ago, Litti said:

where am i mentioned? i got an notice :(

I mentioned you inviting you to join the topic ... since you are here ... listen to their songs...

I also invite @Bill Brasky  to know this band.

Edited by auad

On 2/4/2019 at 8:02 AM, auad said:

@arno1549275911_230073933797991.jpg

@suiccidematt @arnold layne @GNRVahland

I like this band.  They feel like they are the real deal.  But, if I must play the game, they kind of remind me of INXS, in that, they are timeless and don't really copy any other band, but have their own classic sound, made up of all great classic influences.

1 hour ago, Major Mayhem said:

I like this band.  They feel like they are the real deal.  But, if I must play the game, they kind of remind me of INXS, in that, they are timeless and don't really copy any other band, but have their own classic sound, made up of all great classic influences.

Just now, downwithhope said:

First time I've heard these guys. I like 'em.

Nice!

Welcome 🤘:thumbsup:

On 4/6/2019 at 3:23 PM, Deadstar said:

Love this band, great musicians and the vocals are amazing, reminds me of Paul Rodgers. 

On 3/2/2019 at 1:39 PM, Major Mayhem said:

On 4/6/2019 at 3:23 PM, Deadstar said:

Love this band, great musicians and the vocals are amazing, reminds me of Paul Rodgers. 

On 3/3/2019 at 12:53 PM, Major Mayhem said:

Wow, what a voice!