Donald Trump

Do you ever think about trading it all in for scratch and win tickets?

11 hours ago, bacardimayne said:

implying whites are immune to gambling addiction

Implying anything I say about race should be taken seriously.

On 2/2/2019 at 10:36 AM, Major Mayhem said:

What I really love is when I'm bantering with a customer, and a line forms, but they don't "wrap it up."  It's very awkward for me, because I can see a line of annoyed faces, but I don't want to be rude to the customer.  

How about the customer who goes to the “express” line at 12:15 and has a hand full of coupons and is paying with change. And then they want the cashier to double check to make sure they received the proper discount on all 16 items. 

I wont even go to express line if I have fruits or vegetables that have to be weighed. I don’t want to make people wait in line for that. Especially during times when people are in a hurry like lunch time. 

8 hours ago, wasted said:

I use the self checkout, not as many people use it. 

I always do self checkout at the grocery store. I'm faster than the cashier and I don't ask myself if I want to donate to some shit charity every time.

Just now, magisme said:

I always do self checkout at the grocery store. I'm faster than the cashier and I don't ask myself if I want to donate to some shit charity every time.

They only open two human lanes so the queues are huge. Hardly anyone will tackle the self checkout. I just swipe the products and then it scans my phone. Only thing goes wrong is 2 for 1 sometimes confuses it. Then a human comes over and types a code. 3 minutes compared to 30 minute wait. 

3 minutes ago, wasted said:

They only open two human lanes so the queues are huge. Hardly anyone will tackle the self checkout. I just swipe the products and then it scans my phone. Only thing goes wrong is 2 for 1 sometimes confuses it. Then a human comes over and types a code. 3 minutes compared to 30 minute wait. 

I feel a little bad that I'm contributing to the obsolescence of the working class, but human interaction is too much work sometimes.

Just now, magisme said:

I feel a little bad that I'm contributing to the obsolescence of the working class, but human interaction is too much work sometimes.

I sort of thought that at first. But then we would still be travelling by coach and horse. ATMs didn’t ruin the world. We don’t really want to go back packing everything ourselves. I had a job once putting 30% stickers over 20% stickers for 10 hours a day. Robots can have my job!

I reckon the money Walmart save will make food cheaper so then some guy with a business will have more to develop some area that will produce different jobs. Or instead of being cashier maybe you become a delivery team as less people go to store anyway. 

Possibly speeding up everything will make us more efficient in the end should increase standard of living. But I get there might be that crossover. I liked brain dead jobs, you can chill and out afterwards. There could be a problem with people’s self worth even with a universal income. But that’s a western mind set. Other places in world don’t guilt trip their family about working. It’s just there isn’t any jobs. So the family becomes like a team. The antidote to the welfare state. You don’t have to throw your kids out of the house at 16, you don’t have to put your gran in home. Like entertainment is cheaper now, food costs are coming down. You can live in a locker in the airport. There is always a future. 

Edited by wasted

I only play scratch offs for shits & giggles.  I like the "5,000 a week for 20 years" ones.   But I never drop more than a few bucks, and it amounts to less than 20 dollars per year total expenditure.  

I don’t play scratch offs because it ruins my week when I lose. I really over think why I want more money. I don’t think it would make me feel less worthless. But sure it would help with security. Healthcare. Having a bunch of money might be stressful. What kind of dark shit do you get into. Liver transplant maybe. That first beer would be awesome. 

On 2/5/2019 at 7:35 AM, magisme said:

Two things wrong with self-checkouts.  One, the people in front of you can be twice as slow as the cashiers.  And two, some of the Walmarts and Costcos near me shut down all the self-checkouts hours before closing, which is total bullshit.

6 minutes ago, The Linguini Occurrence? said:

Two things wrong with self-checkouts.  One, the people in front of you can be twice as slow as the cashiers.  And two, some of the Walmarts and Costcos near me shut down all the self-checkouts hours before closing, which is total bullshit.

Yeah I don't know why they do that. 

I'm surprised they will allow us to buy alcohol with those things. I mean they still require someone to come over and physically look at it, but I just assumed they would block the sale entirely. 

Chances of becoming a millionaire

There are 1,426 billionaires among the human race's 7 billion or so members, meaning you have a roughly .00002 percent chance of becoming a billionaire, all other things being equal. But of course all things are unequal, and your odds are pretty improved if you didn't grow up in a favela or a shanty on the banks of the Ganges.

Maybe a scratch card could be my way.