Sign in to follow this  
auad

Dr. Stephen Thaxton Reveals...

axlroseill.jpg

Dr. Stephen Thaxton, a doctor chiropractor from West Virginia joined former Guns N’ Roses manager Doug Goldstein on the GNR fan podcast Appetite for Distortion. Thaxton, a veteran of the industry had his first chiropractic job touring with Guns N’ Roses for over 2 years in the 90’s! He’s also been on tour with Bon Jovi. On the show, Thaxton reveals if he ever saw any drug usage from the famed Guns N’ Roses frontman. Alternative Nation transcribed Thaxton’s comments.

“Axl and I haven’t spoken in twenty something years. During that time, Axl was clean, it was important for him to be clean, and probably why he and I bonded so quickly. I mean, within a couple of days I felt like I was his brother and we got super tight as a result of that.

However, my drug stance for what I represented fit very well for what he was trying to do at the time, but the other guys had different ideas.

I did tell one that if he did not stop his abuse he would not see thirty-five years of age, and much to my surprise and delight six months later I get a phone call from him and he’d cleaned up and has been clean and sober for a couple weeks. Well, that’s great for a couple of weeks but that’s a tough thing to overcome. As far as I know that guy has been clean and sober since and has done great things with his life.”

podcast here:

http://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-doctor-reveals-if-he-saw-axl-rose-use-drugs/

Thread created following the guidelines of this forum:

Edited by auad