Miser

How do you feel about climate change?

1 hour ago, magisme said:

Her heart isn't in the right place. She doesn't really want to better the world. She wants to demonize others for whatever bothers her. She's just a typical budding SJW.

She's got a megaphone and she's using it to blast the UN politicians for their incompetence and refusal to do anything meaningful about the situation. Anyone berating those useless cunts for being shit on an international stage is good in my books. It's the media and Redditors turning it into "Support Greta Thumberg by eating bugs and getting sterilized!"

I'm not saying she's probably not going to become the autistic version of Trigglypuff sooner rather than later, but I can't say I have much of a problem with anything she's done since gaining "fame". She's just the latest in a long line of "punchable face"s that the rightoids get to use as a rage-generator ala AOC.

I don't know about any of that. I just heard about her here and watched a bit of her screeching. She's bad news. I know plenty of kids like her.

The answer is never "MOAR UN" either.

1 hour ago, magisme said:

Her heart isn't in the right place. She doesn't really want to better the world. She wants to demonize others for whatever bothers her. She's just a typical budding SJW.

Mags hitting the nail on the head.

It is very real.

Now, are humans the culprits, or is it just the way it is? 

I’m talking out of my ass here, but aren’t these changes normal and outside of our control? Sure we are probably making it worse –and should do something about it– but we just have to adapt.

I keep myself away from the whole political nonsense about it, it’s hust ridiculous propaganda from both ends of the spectrum and at the end of the day we believe what we want to believe.

Our ways of modern life leaves a big footprint of shit behind. We pollute too much, oil is king <=> plastic is king. Sure, we are poisoning ourselves from

every angle, but I don’t think it has much to do with the actual changes in climate patterns, desertification, etc.

We should look after the environment - stop polluting rivers and oceans and generally try to not fuck up the planet. 

But this current wave of hysteria is just that, hysteria. 

1 hour ago, Facekicker said:

We should look after the environment - stop polluting rivers and oceans and generally try to not fuck up the planet. 

But this current wave of hysteria is just that, hysteria. 

This.

Sort of sad that the far left is now sending children out to do their bidding....knowing that anybody that then disagrees with a poor cute innocent child will be crucified for being a prick. It's easy to bash Al Gore or President Trump's opinion. But only a real "jerk" would bash a sweet little girl's opinion when she just wants to do her part to make the planet a better place to live..........

On 9/25/2019 at 4:00 PM, Damn_Smooth said:

The Nazis used children for propoganda. 

They had pieces of Flair that they made the Jews wear, too.

What's most annoying about this latest propaganda stunt is not necessarily the fact that she is an annoying angry child hectoring the wrong people but the fact that if you dare to criticize anything to do with Saint Greta the 1st you are instantly attacked by the liberal mob as an "angry middle aged white man"

This tells me all I need to know that this whole Greta the Climate Saviour can get fucked 

I haven't paid any attention to whatever you are all talking about, and honestly I don't even care because that is besides the point.

The point is there is really nothing we can do to combat climate change. Our entire way of life is purely devoted to destroying our planet. What are we supposed to do? Live in tents made out of cow hide, become hunter-gathers and bathe ourselves in the Mississippi river? Good luck convincing the other eight billion on this planet to do that.

My thoughts are I love clean air and water but at the same time I don't believe we will kill the planet in 10 years.

It's real.  People that call it all a hoax or a "conspiracy by the chinese" or what have you just sound foolish.

But the hyperbole from the pro-climate change people is off the charts.  It's all doomsday, their timelines just about never pan out, and they take no heat for it.  What else works this way?  When they come with their next prediction of our demise, and you try asking "um...yeah, but what you said about that last thing didn't really pan out, so I'm just wondering -"

But you can't even get through that sentence before being scolded "you must think the world is flat, LOLZ"

For such a serious issue, there sure doesn't seem to be much give and take or interest in a serious dialogue.

4 hours ago, arnold layne said:

I haven't paid any attention to whatever you are all talking about, and honestly I don't even care because that is besides the point.

The point is there is really nothing we can do to combat climate change. Our entire way of life is purely devoted to destroying our planet. What are we supposed to do? Live in tents made out of cow hide, become hunter-gathers and bathe ourselves in the Mississippi river? Good luck convincing the other eight billion on this planet to do that.

Often where I come down. 

Which usually makes you out to be some sort of monster, but that's sort of how things are, no?

Jesus Christ this horrible little cow is being forced down our throats 24/7. I can't turn on the TV, radio, open a paper or go online without her scowling fucking mush jumping out from everywhere or her media acolytes fawning over her every utterance. 

Just now while there was a break in the rugby a short interview between kids came on with another teenage girl lecturing two young boys about Greta. Just fuck off already. 

It's a co-ordinated narrative being pushed everywhere by all the usual suspects. 

I'm so close to just upping sticks and moving to a country where I don't speak the language just so I can tune out all the endless bullshit