Miser

How do you feel about climate change?

Do you believe it's real? If so, what do you feel man has a significant impact on it and if so, what should we do? If you don't believe it is real, why is that? I respect either side of the issue because I'm not a scientist so this is not bait or any sort of trap.

Myself I believe it's real and that we're probably the cause of say 90% of it, and honestly, outside of my affection for history and various coastal cities (in that I hope we do our best to protect our historical archives, our cultural landmarks, and that we build sea walls to protect our cities), I think we're fucked at least in terms of having the relatively comfortable civilization we've enjoyed; I don't think it's the end of the world as some do. The end of comfortable human civilization and all we've enjoyed for the past few millenia and probably the end of Africa and the Middle East as habitable zones (which sucks because of the loss/ending of maintenance of historical artifacts and such as those areas become depopulated). I think the human race as a whole tends to sabotage itself and if we end up going extinct because of this, oh well. The planet will slowly recover and move on from us.

Possibly it’s real but that’s not the point. 

If you’re a person with everything in the US then it’s an easy thing to say stop factories that are the basis of some countries economy. 

They pulled millions of people out of poverty in China but at the cost of pollution. To say they should stop and live it poverty is easy to say if you’re living in a rich country. 

Like you said humans have a finite time before we become extinct anyway. Let’s just make it as painless as possible. I think the gen before knew hardship so they get it more. We don’t really know what it’s like to go hungry or have no running water. First give me heating then worry about if there’s some actual side effects. 

The other point is. You first. All these billionaires flying around the world trying to stop global warming. Stop wasting energy! Always ask the guy who barely has food and shelter to pay the tax. In my opinion ordinary people our job is burn as much oil as we can. We already sent the military to kill a load of people to get. Now at least get a Nintendo and sixpack and put the air con on max. 

I'm a skeptic by nature, so I can't comment one way or the other on the validity of it.  I don't know.  I remember some summers in my childhood being in the 100s....and I remember some winters being brutally fucking cold.  Is it worse now?  I honestly don't know.

Here's the thing though:  I don't care.

I'm halfway through my life and I'm gonna be dead as shit either way, and I don't have any children to worry about.  I'd love to live to be 10,000 years old and see how all this shit is gonna play out but we only get a few decades and we're gone.  Lucky for me, my few decades had air conditioning and Jesus H Bumfucking Christ do I love air conditioning.  I went a few years without it, off and on over my life, and you basically want to kill yourself.  AC.  Mankind's greatest invention.  Fuck the polar bears.

I went a couple of summers without AC. It was annoying but manageable. The worst thing isn't the heat but the humidity. I don't mind high temperatures as long as it's dry heat. Humidity and bugs are what make summer suck. 

I love when it change from winter to summer, because I can swim in the sea and feel all that salt around my body.

Look at all the shit we pump into the sky and ocean and try and tell me it's not fucking the earth.

Nothing I can do about it though, there are too many people.

2 hours ago, Doctor Dom said:

Look at all the shit we pump into the sky and ocean 

As long as it turns into salt, Im ok with it.

I think its real. No idea if its man made. What needs to be done according to the IPCC is the antithesis of prosperity. So we need to adapt. 

2 hours ago, JeanGenie said:

I think its real. No idea if its man made. What needs to be done according to the IPCC is the antithesis of prosperity. So we need to adapt. 

We need more money.

It is getting to the point where you have to wear a respirator in the summer now to go outside because of all the smoke in the air from these fires. I hope the earth finds a way to kill us all off. 

Weather seems to be changing with more extreme events. 

However weather patterns in the space of the average human lifetime are insignificant. 

Changes over centuries and longer are more important. 

There's no doubt though that we are filthy fucking vermin and we are shitting up everything we touch. 

Fuck all I can do about though so my only concern is how politicians are going to exploit it for their own benefit, not mine.

It's a pretty decent subplot, I think. It'll never capture the viewer's imagination like Nazis, terrorism and war, but it's good enough to feature for a few episodes here and there since it involves an end of the world scenario.

You mean a world wide conspiracy to spread fear via the mass media? 

I’ll have a McFlurry and make it rain. 

i see ridiculous things like the new canadian food guide recommending replacing meat intake with cricket protein for the sake of the environment and i just laugh

show me one rich jew who's eating cricket protein and i'll consider it

Climate change is for real. I always tell people we used to get feet and feet of snow before Thanksgiving every yead and now we have brown Christmases up north. 

People deny it and say, 'but but but we need more data', but I'll tell you I'm convinced. 

I'm not doing much to be more "green" though. I've seen how many retards there are outside my door. There's no hope. 

21 hours ago, Facekicker said:

Weather seems to be changing with more extreme events. 

Is it though? Or do we just have faster and more efficient ways of communicating than ever before? 

Do we have better ways to calculate and inform?

im not so sure weather is getting more severe, it’s just being reported more.

as for climate change?

of course it’s real. 

But it is it the doom and gloom that the media and politicians want you to believe? 

No

1 hour ago, sixes said:

Before I make my decision, I need to pore over downzy's graphs and polls

I checked with him. According to 18 different graphs....global warming is the fault of Trump. But Hilary can fix it.