Sign in to follow this  
Donald Trump

Does anybody else think GNR should get a replica cigarette that lights up for Slash?

Does anybody else think GNR should get a replica cigarette that lights up for Slash? The top hat is great but the cigarette is really the cherry that goes on top of the Slash costume.

I think GNR should make a replica of Slash's teeth for the halloween.

And also, a replica of Duff's pancreas. Prepare to receive an empty box on your mailbox.

Edited by GUNNER

They should do like Andy Kaufman and train other people to do their shows. They're all in disguise anyway. Who would know? For Melissa, literally any petite Asian looking girl. For Frank, literally any fat, light-skinned black guy. For Dizzy, literally anyone. Fortus still has to play and give his all, but he'll be cool with that.

6 hours ago, magisme said:

They should do like Andy Kaufman and train other people to do their shows. They're all in disguise anyway. Who would know? For Melissa, literally any petite Asian looking girl. For Frank, literally any fat, light-skinned black guy. For Dizzy, literally anyone. Fortus still has to play and give his all, but he'll be cool with that.

Pink Floyd opened The Wall shows by performing behind a wall, while stand-ins with rubber life masks mimed the songs in the front of the stage.

Unless you were right up close, you probably didn't even notice something was really off about them.

1 hour ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Pink Floyd opened The Wall shows by performing behind a wall, while stand-ins with rubber life masks mimed the songs in the front of the stage.

Unless you were right up close, you probably didn't even notice something was really off about them.

Woah, that is creepy mate. Did they do this for the whole show? Never heard about this before. 

No, it was just for the opening song "In The Flesh?"

The whole concept of The Wall had its origins in exploring the separation of the artists from the audience.  As Floyd got bigger and more popular, they played bigger, more impersonal venues and it culminated in Roger Waters spitting on a fan in the front row in contempt.  That shocked him when he did it, and he wanted to explore it more.  For The Wall tour, during the show, an actual giant wall was constructed onstage so that by the end the band is playing completely behind a wall between them and the crowd.

The show was really expensive and difficult to pull off, so they only did it for a year or two.  But they played the full album straight through every night, the show started with the "surrogate band" wearing the life masks, had the wall built, had the wall torn down at the end.   Roger did a world tour with updated staging recently, but man, how fucking cool would it have been to witness this back in the day?

When they finally released a live album of the shows, the cover was an image of the four rubber life masks of their faces their doubles wore for the first song.

CejXL3lWIAAtaid.jpg

4 hours ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

No, it was just for the opening song "In The Flesh?"

The whole concept of The Wall had its origins in exploring the separation of the artists from the audience.  As Floyd got bigger and more popular, they played bigger, more impersonal venues and it culminated in Roger Waters spitting on a fan in the front row in contempt.  That shocked him when he did it, and he wanted to explore it more.  For The Wall tour, during the show, an actual giant wall was constructed onstage so that by the end the band is playing completely behind a wall between them and the crowd.

The show was really expensive and difficult to pull off, so they only did it for a year or two.  But they played the full album straight through every night, the show started with the "surrogate band" wearing the life masks, had the wall built, had the wall torn down at the end.   Roger did a world tour with updated staging recently, but man, how fucking cool would it have been to witness this back in the day?

When they finally released a live album of the shows, the cover was an image of the four rubber life masks of their faces their doubles wore for the first song.

CejXL3lWIAAtaid.jpg

My Uncle went the the original Wall tour in 1980 and saw the band at the Nassau Coliseum on Long Island in New York.

He said he went to the bathroom during the show and waited in line for 20 minutes for what ended up being a space to piss on the bathroom wall

On 1/11/2019 at 5:17 PM, Donald Trump said:

Does anybody else think GNR should get a replica cigarette that lights up for Slash? The top hat is great but the cigarette is really the cherry that goes on top of the Slash costume.

I don’t get it. Like a Slash action figure you smoke? 

I think GNR top hats could sell like wild fire. 

16 minutes ago, wasted said:

Only if they have a long curly black wig attached.

1 hour ago, wasted said:

A plastic cigarette that glows orange when you puff on it.

1 hour ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Only if they have a long curly black wig attached.

They must have those already?

1 hour ago, Donald Trump said:

A plastic cigarette that glows orange when you puff on it.

So just a cigerette is enough to signify Slash. I have to admit when I Marlboro red of JD I think about Slash in Don’t Cry video. 

5 hours ago, Donald Trump said:

To be honest, I am kind of surprised that GNR don't sell top hats. Maybe that would make Axl jealous? 

Well they already sell bandanas so it's only fair.

4 hours ago, Donald Trump said:

To be honest, I am kind of surprised that GNR don't sell top hats. Maybe that would make Axl jealous? 

Maybe they don’t do personalized merch. A Duff padlock might be cool too. Axl’s USA bike shorts. Get all three. That’s an outfit to die in. Top hat, bike shorts and padlock necklace. 

5 hours ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

I think there may be a douchebag or three over on the gina that take Axl cosplay very seriously.

It's name is Black Sabbath

16 hours ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

I think there may be a douchebag or three over on the gina that take Axl cosplay very seriously.

I those jeans will be bought by Justin Bieber’s daughter for 1 million dolkars in 2040.