Sign in to follow this  
John Bonham

Who will win the GRAMMY for Best Box Set?

GRAMMY WHAMMY!  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the GRAMMY for Best Box Set?

• APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION (LOCKED N' LOADED BOX) — Guns N' Roses
    • I'LL BE YOUR GIRL — The Decemberists
    • PACIFIC NORTHWEST '73-74': THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS — Grateful Dead
    • SQUEEZE BOX: THE COMPLETE WORKS OF "WEIRD AL" YANKOVIC — "Weird Al" Yankovic
    • TOO MANY BAD HABITS — Johnny Nicholas

unnamed-7.jpg

Guns N' Roses are nominated for "Best Boxed Or Special Limited Edition Package"

The nominees are...

The 61st Recording Academy GRAMMY Awards will be held on Sunday, February 10, and will air on CBS.

8 minutes ago, bacardimayne said:

LEGLP24441-Large_large.jpg?v=1509050392

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squeeze_Box:_The_Complete_Works_of_"Weird_Al"_Yankovic#Medium_Rarities_(2017)

imagine voting for a shit box with some tattoos and 7 of the same song over this

One of the first rarities announced for the album was "Pac-Man", a parody of The Beatles' song "Taxman", and based on the arcade game of the same name.

The song had been recorded in 1981, and was popular on the Dr. Demento Show. Yankovic, who recorded the song in a friend's garage on a TEAC Cassette Portastudio, sampled sounds from the actual Pac-Man arcade game for use in the song. After the song was played a few times on Dr. Demento's radio program, the host received a cease-and-desist letter that ordered him to stop airing the spoof.

In order to get the song on the Medium Rarities album, Yankovic had to get permission from both Bandai Namco Entertainment (the company that owns the rights to Pac-Man) as well as the estate of George Harrison (the writer of "Taxman"). In regards to the former, the company "had a good sense of humor about" the parody. So as to clear the parody with the Harrison estate, Yankovic worked with Dhani Harrison, the son of George Harrison.

7 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

$190—

I could have this piece of a totem pole for 190 bucks?

dammit... I spent waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more on pewter trinkets and 7 versions of You’re Crazy

For the original retail price of the Lock'd and Loaded box set, you could buy the other 4 box sets, including both the CD and the vinyl versions of Weird Al's box (buying Weird Al's twice), and still have $40 left over. :facepalm:

57 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

For the original retail price of the Lock'd and Loaded box set, you could buy the other 4 box sets, including both the CD and the vinyl versions of Weird Al's box (buying Weird Al's twice), and still have $40 left over. :facepalm:

SHIT

I still want to laugh at the face of someone who has bought CUCK and CUCKED boxset. Especially in Brazil. I can't imagine how expensive it must have been to have AFD in 15 different versions you can find online and some tattoos :lol:

22 hours ago, Facekicker said:

Good. Award ceremonies are bullshit anyway 

Yup.

Now Drake, Kendrick Lamar, and Childish Gambino have also bowed out 🙂