Sign in to follow this  
Major Mayhem

Grand theft auto 5-is it appropriate for kids?

31 minutes ago, Major Mayhem said:

8 and 13😫

I'd give it a wait out. There's plenty of games you can play with them in the meanwhile and more adult games will still exist when they are older.

I was 14-15 when I first played it. 

Saying that I was 9 when I first played Streets of Rage. 

You could knife people, bottle them, beat them with baseball bats, stab them with swords, set them on fire. 

Great fun

4 minutes ago, Facekicker said:

I was 14-15 when I first played it. 

Saying that I was 9 when I first played Streets of Rage. 

You could knife people, bottle them, beat them with baseball bats, stab them with swords, set them on fire. 

Great fun

I wish I had this game when I was younger! It reminds me of the Double Dragon series.  

3 minutes ago, Major Mayhem said:

They have mostly lego marvel games and one WWE game, I didn't know how graphic the violence was.

It's not so much the violence as it is the story. You are setting up and learning how to organize drugs and prostitution crime rings

26 minutes ago, Damn_Smooth said:

Capitalism.

😄

29 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

It's not so much the violence as it is the story. You are setting up and learning how to organize drugs and prostitution crime rings

Probably not the best thing for kids 😦

I remember the outrage over Mortal Kombat. 

I heard the stories about vice city and having sex with prostitutes and stealing money from people. I didn't think it was as bad as "they" made it out to be when I played it, wasn't all that graphic, detailed, explicit, etc. 

I was more interested in the game because you can drive around town and get into a police chase, Dukes of Hazzard style, and I thought the boys would enjoy something like that, but I guess over the years they've amped it up, and now the storyline seems a bit much!😨😄

I was around 12 when San Andreas came out, used to play it all the time with my friends. We'd use the weapons cheats and blow shit up with bazooka's, then see who could live the longest with a 5-star wanted level. Good times :lol:

I watch my friend's son (4) go on kill sprees on GTA V and feel a wee bit conflicted, haha.

I wouldn't let my non existent kid play that game at that age mind you.

Like mentioned, I was a teenager when MORTAL Kombat came out and the shitstorm ensued.

Kids of today are Molly coddled soft cocks.

Only a hardcore white supremacist would think a Russian immigrant driving around in a stolen sports car killing hookers is inappropriate. 

I lost the remaining bits of my good sight playing the original GTA when I was no more than 11 years old. I have been watching horror movies with my parents (Poltergeist, Critters) and my father showed me all of the good movies (eg. The Terminator, Godzilla, Predator, Alien). I ended up being a boring administrative worker with wife and incoming child. I hate violence and love animals. I guess it depends on wether you will fell good with your kid playing the game. It is kinda graphic and the language is radical. But ... You can always check it out with your kid. He would be thrilled to play with you :)

Funny story about me watching all kinds of movies as a child. I was never punished for the fact of watching, but once my mom made me stay at home instead of playing with my friends outside, because I used the quote Leo "the Fart" is gonna pass gas one more time from Last Action Hero in front of her 🤣

13 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I was around 12 when San Andreas came out, used to play it all the time with my friends. We'd use the weapons cheats and blow shit up with bazooka's, then see who could live the longest with a 5-star wanted level. Good times :lol:

Running around with 5 stars trying to avoid the cops was my favourite