Sign in to follow this  
Donald Trump

Should GNR release their next album in cartoon band format?

21 hours ago, wasted said:

This is what everyone wanted. 

I wanted CD 2 with Ron and dj and Tommy and pitman and frank. I supported nugnr the idea was so fucking punk rock. 

An iconic band releasing records without any original members bar 1.

I'm happy for them that it's working out. But it isn't what I wanted. 

Edited by I_Are_ess

1 hour ago, Donald Trump said:

If Fernando were any kind of manager at all he would be trying to negotiate a deal to have GNR appear on Scooby-Doo. 

Is that Warner Bros? There’s something baby boomer gen x about Looney Tunes. I don’t have any facts or sources but it seems like a vast russian conspiracy. 

1 hour ago, I_Are_ess said:

I wanted CD 2 with Ron and dj and Tommy and pitman and frank. I supported nugnr the idea was so fucking punk rock. 

An iconic band releasing records without any original members bar 1.

I'm happy for them that it's working out. But it isn't what I wanted. 

There was that air of defiance about it. Axl against the industry. That is maybe what is missing now, they are going with the grain. GNR doesn’t have that underdog feel anymore. In someways CD didn’t connect to fans because it’s not about them. 

I guess I see CD as part of the whole GNR story at this point. Axl had to make the next chapter without Slash so we got tracks like Shackler’s, If the World, Scraped, Madagascar, Prostitute which probably we wouldn’t have happened with Slash. 

Axl wanted to add something new. It’s admirable and being a true artist. You don’t use the same backing music for different emotions/themes. But it’s detrimental to servicing the industry and fans. But in a way the jumps in style between records can make up for it overall. We still got a Miss You and a Kashmir from GNR. 

I think they could go back to between UYI and CD and fill in the gap. An evolution from UYI but not as far as If the World. I guess the Stones did that. They tried different things in the 80s but in the 90s they were back to just rock with modern production. You get the impression that with RTB, Bucket must have recorded a sprawling double cd of stuff which was much looser than what CD turned out. I was expecting Physical Graffiti but it ended up Axl’s Exile. 

Edited by wasted

2 hours ago, John Bonham said:

Use Your Illusion box set... $2,000

YCBM re-released as a single for Terminator 7 in 2021. 

8 hours ago, wasted said:

Is that Warner Bros? There’s something baby boomer gen x about Looney Tunes. I don’t have any facts or sources but it seems like a vast russian conspiracy. 

I imagine Axl watched a lot of Looney Tunes as a child. 

Just now, Donald Trump said:

I imagine Axl watched a lot of Looney Tunes as a child. 

He must be a big Road Runner fan. 

I wonder what his relationship with Grand Theft Auto was before his appearance in San Andreas as Tommy "The Nightmare" Smith? I imagine Axl played a lot of videogames in the Chinese Democracy recording years. 

Just now, Donald Trump said:

I wonder what his relationship with Grand Theft Auto was before his appearance in San Andreas as Tommy "The Nightmare" Smith? I imagine Axl played a lot of videogames in the Chinese Democracy recording years. 

It was a similar cryptic message wasn’t it. Tommy was the typical 80s rock dj who wouldn’t play Alt Rock music or CD. When I got the mansion on the hill it had all this Chinese decoration and searched the house for 2 days looking for CD. Imthought there might be a trap door that released a demo or something. 

I don’t think Axl takes the reunion seriously. He sees them as cartoons that rock the rock for the fans.