Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Donald Trump

Should GNR release their next album in cartoon band format?

Recommended Posts

It is the only thing that can get them around the fact that the AFD 3 are all pushing six-tee. In cartoon format they can be forever young. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a possibilty for sure.

Another step, plausible and realistic is...”The Legend of Red Panda” 10 original Piano/Voice songs ... Axl solo record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

Gorillaz did this fourteen years ago.

GNR always go Back to the Future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, arnold layne said:

Gorillaz did this fourteen years ago.

Yeah and they`ve been sucking since then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wasted said:

Do you think Axl told Slash he was doing a solo song with the Looney Tunes instead of a new album?

The head boss usually isn't the one to inform employees of business plans. He probably delegated that to Fernando.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But seriously. This would make me very disappointed back in 2005 or maybe 2010 when I was a fan/still gave some sort of shit.

 

Getting this now in 2018 after a half-assed reunion and 10 years with no new music from Axl (despite CD being shit) is pure comedy. Watching people discussing it seriously at MYGNR is even more hilarious.

 

It's amazing how Axl/GNR do EVERYTHING wrong. Every year they get more and more ridiculous and I kinda respect them for not taking them too seriously. Their fans on the other hand.... :lol:

 

THANKS BETA FOR TURNING AXL INTO THIS COMPLETELY BROKEN DOWN HUMAN BEING. WE NOW BELIEVE EVEN MORE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, magisme said:

The head boss usually isn't the one to inform employees of business plans. He probably delegated that to Fernando.

Wonder how Slash took it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, magisme said:

In the ass, if history is any guide.

So he’s just got used to it. 

 

Slash does solo records and Axl does ACDC and plays with Looney Tunes. GNR is their day job. Maybe it’s no big deal. Axl is on time and not causing riots. This is what everyone wanted. 

Edited by wasted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wasted said:

So he’s just got used to it. 

 

Slash does solo records and Axl does ACDC and plays with Looney Tunes. GNR is their day job. 

I think GNR is the cash cow that allows them to do whatever they want. Axl has known that forever. It's why he acquired the rights to the name. It took Slash 20 years and a divorce-rape to figure it out. Axl has made it his business to produce very little, because he doesn't have to do anything besides welcome people to the jungle for a couple of months here and there. Now Slash can make it his business to get involved in a million shitty endeavors without worrying if any of them are good or successful, as long as he strikes rock poses during the November Rain solos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With their obsession with death, I could see a grateful dead "touch of grey"-jim Henson inspired puppet video.  Or, one in which, we see them as they are now, interspersed with old video from the uyi tour that would pull at the heartstrings of all gnr fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, magisme said:

I think GNR is the cash cow that allows them to do whatever they want. Axl has known that forever. It's why he acquired the rights to the name. It took Slash 20 years and a divorce-rape to figure it out. Axl has made it his business to produce very little, because he doesn't have to do anything besides welcome people to the jungle for a couple of months here and there. Now Slash can make it his business to get involved in a million shitty endeavors without worrying if any of them are good or successful, as long as he strikes rock poses during the November Rain solos.

They made it along time ago.

 

Axl seemed to acquire the name partly to protect what they had achieved from a succession of Draw the Lines?

 

But now with Axl touring with ACDC and playing with Looney Tunes it looks like he’s moving into Slash cartoon rock territory. 

 

So it’s hard to know what to expect. Axl said he wanted to see if they could add to what they had done with AFD/UYI. I remember him saying that CD existed to fight petty dictators. 

 

But since the reunion he seems to be doing stuff for Slash like Coma and Slither or helping out ACDC or doing fun things. So to do a fun hard rock album as GNR’s final album might be where it’s going. Something more accessible than CD or even UYI. 

 

Or Axl could do a solo record with The Looney Tunes. Trust Axl to do a cartoon hard rock album with Angus and Bugs Bunny before CD II or AFD II. 

 

 

Edited by wasted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NEVER.....ever question Axl's artistic integrity.  The man will simply not compromise for anything.  His art is all that matters, even if it's just for him and takes decades to make.  Victory or death.

 

 

212xweu.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

NEVER.....ever question Axl's artistic integrity.  The man will simply not compromise for anything.  His art is all that matters, even if it's just for him and takes decades to make.  Victory or death.

 

 

212xweu.gif

Axl has a flawless record. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

NEVER.....ever question Axl's artistic integrity.  The man will simply not compromise for anything.  His art is all that matters, even if it's just for him and takes decades to make.  Victory or death.

 

 

212xweu.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...