Facekicker

Have you ever had to explain the forums IRL?

I've laughed out loud so many times over the years at some of the shit on here that I've been asked - "What are you laughing at?" 

It's one of those things that you just can't explain to some outsider without sounding like a loon. :lol:

"oh I was just mocking this Portuguese guy on a GNR forum, congratulated him on inventing a stick etc" 

How would you even explain the forums to someone in real life? 

1 hour ago, Facekicker said:

How would you even explain the forums to someone in real life? 

You dont. You keep it secret. You better let them think you are a bit nuts and you laugh from nothing than letting them know you're a sick freak watching GnR forums.

26 minutes ago, magisme said:

Real life people couldn't handle the knowledge that I'm even cooler online than I am in real life.

Because online no one judge you by the colour of your skin.

On 12/30/2018 at 6:42 AM, popcorn's snare said:

One of my friends got me this for Christmas.  They know.  But they don't know all the shenanigans that go on in the forums.  

christmas present.JPG

That made me immediately google Axl Rose's mugshots....there's been a lot over the years.  From his youth in Indiana, to this one, to my personal favorite, the 1998 "you're all just little people on a power trip" Phoenix Airport mugshot.  Was there a mugshot for his more recent arrests, like that time he bit a guy?

Miser, I know you're lurking daily/hourly....surely you have the complete collection of mugshots saved to your hard drive and back ups.  Share them all in chronological order, please!

Yep, that's my favorite.  From his arrest at the Phoenix Airport where security was being too rough with his expensive crystals and he said "I'll punch your lights out right here and right now. I don't give a fuck who you are. You are all little people on a power trip."

Which reminds of how nobody had seen him in years at the time.  Spin had a cover story about Axl in the summer of 1999, and it had all these awesome quotes about Axl sightings.  Everyone was obsessed with his hair, like Miser.  The best quote was some kid describing his hair as "thick as fuck."

DOES AXL WALK AMONG US?

• In December 1997, Axl was seen on the Universal Studios City Walk in Los Angeles with a child and an older Hispanic woman. "His hair was short," according to an eyewitness. "I think I saw Axl buy the kid a Grinch stuffed animal."

• A salesman at the Los Angeles audio/video outlet Voodoo Lab sold Axl a guitar effects mixer in the fall of 1997. "I'm not sure if I should mention that," he says.

• Axl was spotted buying a pair of horsehair pants at a Melrose Avenue boutique in early 1996.

• Early this year, Axl was spied at the concession stand of the AMC Century 14 Cinema in Century City, California. According to the fan who saw him, "he was wearing jeans and a flannel."

"He was freckly, with feathered Shaun Cassidy hair," says a moviegoer who saw him earlier this year. "l was riveted by his hair. It was thick as fuck."

• A short-haired, goateed Axl was recognized backstage at a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert in April 1996.

• Axl was hanging out backstage at a Radiohead show in Los Angeles in 1997. "The thing that struck me was how unrecognizable he was," says a concertgoer. "The door guy was patting him down."

• "Not only have my friends seen him in New York City - I swear I've seen him too," says another fan. "The only thing that was different about him was his hair. It looked black or brown. But maybe it was a wig."

• Two years ago, a fan took a photo of Axl on the beach in Malibu. When she had the film developed, she says the picture came back out of focus.

How about a Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow section curated by Mr. Miser? He's the greatest living Axl Rose hairstorian. Axl's hair belongs in a Miseum!