Skeeter

Slash saved GnR

39 minutes ago, Damn_Smooth said:

All Slash did was throw a shit Band-Aid on a shit decapitation. By the 10th year of the lol reunion tour they'll be back to Vegas. And the funniest thing is he couldn't have done anything on his own, so he doesn't even deserve credit for that.

I disagree.

Stadiums were likely a one shot deal, attributed solely to the layoff.

But if they announce a tour in 2021, with absolutely nothing new (which is what I expect) they will still fill basketball/hockey arenas on the name alone.  It's a night out.  Far lesser bands mine that same path on the regular.

2 hours ago, D-GenerationX said:

I disagree.

Stadiums were likely a one shot deal, attributed solely to the layoff.

But if they announce a tour in 2021, with absolutely nothing new (which is what I expect) they will still fill basketball/hockey arenas on the name alone.  It's a night out.  Far lesser bands mine that same path on the regular.

Is the tour 10 years old in 2021?

23 hours ago, MillerGNR said:

Oh yeah, guess it's time for annual Fortus new album anouncement. What's up Manets? Still smoking mj spending your parents money in Europe? Are you returning to Bolsozil some time?

I've been in Brazil for over an year now, and am making plans to leave again. I miss the european hashish. 

20 hours ago, Damn_Smooth said:

Is the tour 10 years old in 2021?

They will tour arenas for the rest of their days so long as it's still Axl, Slash and Duff.

2 years from now, 10 years from now.  It won't matter.  The fanbase is built in and not going anywhere.

The NITL tour was in 2016.  I find the contention that another tour even as late as 2026 has trouble filling arenas to be a flawed premise.

3 hours ago, D-GenerationX said:

They will tour arenas for the rest of their days so long as it's still Axl, Slash and Duff.

2 years from now, 10 years from now.  It won't matter.  The fanbase is built in and not going anywhere.

The NITL tour was in 2016.  I find the contention that another tour even as late as 2026 has trouble filling arenas to be a flawed premise.

We'll see. Nobody gives a shit about your feels.

On 12/18/2018 at 10:19 AM, GUNNER said:

The question is, who will save Slash's teeth?

Slash saved GNR from gingervitis. Seems only fair that GNR would in turn save Slash from gingivitis. 

Slash contributed to Guns N' Roses immensely in his early music career, now he needs to step up and create some killer riffs for the upcoming new album. Guns N' Roses has the mighty three, Rose, Mckagan, Slash..and right now that's whats selling this band. I just hope Slash & Duff put in just as much effort as to when they decided to promote and tour there solo projects, which they happened to release after Guns reunion for that little bit more exposure.

4 hours ago, Donald Trump said:

Slash saved GNR from gingervitis. Seems only fair that GNR would in turn save Slash from gingivitis. 

:lolzers:

All salsh has to do is try super duper hard not to butcher any riffs that Robin, Bucket, Tobias or BBF came up with.  The shit that salsh "writes" is best saved for his garbage releases.

Kinda. It did reignite public interest in the band ten fold. The numbers speak for themselves. Nu guns had club capacity numbers in the states, then they had stadiums booked. It’s nice to have more of the co-creators of the music we love back together.

But that’s it. The rest has continued to leave disappointment. I thought having the two mend fences would bring upon more openness from the band. I thought the lack of that before was due to Axl not wanting to deal with the press because of the reunion demand and the joke he turned himself into. And yet we’ve only had one half assed interview with Axl and Duff two years ago, the band still keeps everything obnoxiously top secret, forum members literally had their lives and families threatened by direction of the band using warchild’s crew, the future still looks dim, the set lists are still stupid and over reliant on covers and cd songs no one gives a shit about, management’s still a joke, fan intereaction is still a joke, and Axl’s performances are still a joke (something I thought he’d want to improve even if only not to be outstaged by Slash, apparently not). Better than having nu guns for sure, but that’s about it.

People like the iconic line ups. If a band has a bunch of hits with one guitarist they want to see that guitarist at the shows. 

But by splitting up they highlighted who was missing. Not being able to have the two icons together made it a bigger deal. It also made it about them and not whether they had a new hit album. 

There’s an element that if they were together for all the years attendences may have dipped here and there. But not being able to eat ice cream for 10 years then you get the chance you buy way more merch than is humanely possible to justify and you get a lot of ice creams too. So the spike is bigger. 

Give me a residency fanbase over the reunion crowds all day every day.  Less caterwauling cunts, fewer stuck in the 80's mullets, and overall a far more enjoyable experience.  Call me a GNR elitist, but I couldn't care less about the majority of people who wanted a reunion or went to a NITL show.  If that is what salsh saved, fuck him and motherfuck anyone who supports him.

If that freakshow of an audience from the nuGuns years is your idea of "elite," then I don't know what to tell you.  I saw zero mullets at the one NITL show I went to, but I saw plenty of zit-faced, black trenchcoat wearing, school shooter types from 2002-2012.

Slash may not have saved GNR as a band of any artistic merit, but he definitely revitalized them as a BRAND.  I've never seen so many GNR shirts on sale on amazon and at wal mart, to be purchased and worn on weekends by the normie masses like so many Nirvana and Pink Floyd shirts of old.

Edited by EstrangedTWAT