John Bonham

Cemeteries - What do you think of them?

What are your thoughts? 

Should they be bulldozed and turned into condos? Should everyone be cremated from now on?

Or, are they parks, and TG we've protected these green spaces to remember and honor our history?

36 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

I have always enjoyed walking through a nice graveyard after dark. 

Great place to get head

Today's ideological fads express joyous disdain and disrespect for the past, so I distrust any impulse to eliminate monuments to the past.

"B-but, magisme, I have so many arguments about economic growth and population growth and efficiency, and don't you care about the living? Why do we have to waste the land on buried boxes full of rotting organic matter? Lol. Those people are gone. Just get over it. No decaying death park is going to bring them back. Burn them all. It's a final solution!"

Literally go fuck yourself.

I don't visit them and I don't plan to spend any time there when I die. I have no opinion one way or the other on whether they should exist or not. They don't bother me.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

14 minutes ago, Damn_Smooth said:

I don't visit them and I don't plan to spend any time there when I die. I have no opinion one way or the other on weather they should exist or not. They don't bother me.

I had to dig deep to find an aggressive hot take, but I got there.

Edited by magisme

I have to park 2 blocks from where I work.  It's more like one block, but I have to walk around the edge of a bigass cemetery.  If I cut through the cemetery, it would save time, so I've been eyeing those gravestones more and more.  I'll try it once, it'll probably happen out of necessity when I'm late or something.  Cemeteries are like an reflective existential experience for me.  That sounds more dramatic than it is.  

I definitely don't want to be buried in a cemetery.  It seems pointless after all your family dies and you're forgotten.  I mean like- yeah it confirms you're a person from the past and your withered corpse is in the ground.  Whoopee.  I'd rather have my body preserved and put in cryo, and then launched in to space, aimed at some distant exoplanet.  I'm sure astrophysicists could do the math and land me on one with the right trajectory.  Flyin through space in the afterlife.  It may sound weird, but I think it would be cool.  Maybe some aliens would find me or something.  

Anyway, when I was a kid, I watched Return of the Living Dead and it freaked me the fuck out.  Hated cemeteries for a while until I got older.  

Now, it's just comical:

10 hours ago, holymntn said:

You know GNR are well and truly dead when a cemetery discussion is in full swing.

It took a cemetery discussion for you to realize that?