Facekicker

Joe Rogan Experience Podcast

Some great content on this, it deserves a thread of its own. This one in particular is mindblowing. All about A.I. and the singularity. 

This guy is definitely into psychedelics. 

I listen to this podcast frequently but skip most episodes with comedians and mma guys. His interview with Roseanne Barr was great. Listened to that one only yesterday. 

Great thread.  Joe Rogan sets a pretty good standard.  And to think, he was the dickish host on Fear Factor.  He would later say that he was paid to be an asshole to the contestants.  

The one with one with the British bodybuilding champ Dorian Yates was really good.  He only lifted like an hour a day 5 days a week, but he pushed it to the limit with real-deal high intensity training.  He released a document of what he was taking, and people doubted him because these days, guys are taking insane amounts of testosterone and steroids.  The amount he was taking was considerably lower, and to this day, he's respected as one of the top Mr. Olympias ever.  

The only times Rogan can be uncool is when he's licking someone's ass or when one of his co-hosts (brendan schaub) are sycophanting and emphatically agreeing with everything he says, almost in a child-like manner.  I remember he was on the Ronda Rousey hype train and it was pretty cringeworthy some of the stuff he said.  But overall, he's good shit.  

12 minutes ago, Facekicker said:

Very cool. Gonna put this on in a bit.

On a Joe Rogan related note, I've been listening to a lot of Joey Diaz podcasts

5 hours ago, wasted said:

I liked the Elon Musk episode. But I don’t know enough about MMA for a lot of the eps. 

There's loads that have nothing to do with MMA 

5 hours ago, Facekicker said:

There's loads that have nothing to do with MMA 

I generally listen to those. Or I did but sometimes his motivated alpha dog thing makes me feel bad so I have to slack off extra hard to recover and that’s a lot work in itself. 

4 hours ago, Donald Trump said:

Joe's recent episode with former CIA spook Mike Baker was good.

I’ll check it out. Have you read Family of Secrets by Russ Baker?

Reading is a bit much but here’s Baker covering most of the book on a podcast

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/tim-dillon-is-going-to-hell/id1135137367?mt=2&i=1000425425597

Edited by wasted

He's reinvented himself many times over. Don't really recognize him now.

Newsradio Guy. Reality Game show guy. Carlos Mencia nemesis guy. MMA guy. Podcast king. And comedian too somewhere. Most people are lucky to have one career.

Joe is cool and a smart critical thinker.  I don't know how good is comedy is, but apparently he's a comedian.  However, he does sometimes get carried away with his ass-licking.  He drank the Ronda Rousey kool aid somethin fierce.  It was embarrassing.  He's done it with a few other fighters he's been super enamored with.  He'll get exceedingly hyperbolic to the point of deifying them almost.  

Anyway, one of the perhaps more obscure episodes that was really good was with Dorian Yates.  This guy was a 6 time Mr. Olympia.  He's from the UK.  He revolutionized bodybuilding because he only worked out 45 minutes a day.  But he helped popularized High Intensity Training.  Perhaps "popularize" is not the right word.  He proved that it works, and that people who spend hours in the gym every day are wasting time. 

Very interesting guy.  He of course talks about steroids.  He released what he took, and people didn't believe him because nowadays, the bodybuilders and gearheads are taking massive amounts.  His intake of steroids was modest by today's standards.  Further proof that he worked his ass off in the gym.  

I listened to the Mike Tyson one but I found it really hard to get through, both because of Tyson's debilitating speech impediment, and also the condescending way Joe and Tom spoke down to Mike like he's a retarded kid.  Which for all I know, he might have that level of intelligence, but it just rubbed me the wrong way to hear them kissing his ass so gently and telling him "no no, you never did anything wrong, you had a hard life" and shit like that for 90 minutes.

I'm gonna listen to that CIA guy one next.   I also recommend the Jonathan Haidt episode from a week or two ago....pretty good stuff.

Great interview with Mike. If it was 10 years later Joe would on NBC. 

But they definitely touched on what confuses me about Rogan. He does DMT or halluncigems and after establishing we are one and part of this infinite organic universe, his next move is to hit te gym or watch some guys get naked and wrestle! We have the answer! Living a long life of the naked men lifestyle to the full!!!