auad

In defence of Chinese Democracy

On 1/23/2019 at 8:26 PM, Bill Brasky said:

Your shitting me right ?

CD is a epic disappointment.

I don’t get any of these comparisons.....Shackler to Locomotive? CITR to Estranged?

Just now, Trin9498 said:

I don’t get any of these comparisons.....Shackler to Locomotive? CITR to Estranged?

Basically something slightly experimental like Shacklers or Locomotive. Axl epics like Estranged or Catcher. Obviously the guitarists are different.

Slash has played Catcher and TWAT live, he could have easily done it for CD. I think songs like Shacklers, Scraped, If the World, Madagascar, Prostitute would have turned out differently, but the lyrics and vocal melodies would be the same. We’ll find out on CD II maybe. 

36 minutes ago, Trin9498 said:

I was using @wasted comparisons.

i don’t get them either sir.

I guess I can see Shackers as experimental...locomotive too but it’s hard to compare a song that’s 3 minutes to one that’s 8 or so....locomotive is beefier. Catcher is IMO the most overrated song on CD. I like the ending but that’s about it. 

Good discussion though. 

Just now, Trin9498 said:

I guess I can see Shackers as experimental...locomotive too but it’s hard to compare a song that’s 3 minutes to one that’s 8 or so....locomotive is beefier. Catcher is IMO the most overrated song on CD. I like the ending but that’s about it. 

Good discussion though. 

It’s not really about the songs being exactly the same. Just similar. I just thought Shackler’s has a Locomotive groove to it, but Prostitute is more experimental. It’s similar in scope to UYI II. Elton and Queen arrangements with some punk songs and ballads thrown in. If Slash was playing on it it would be UYI III.