auad

Atlas Magazine: Trackside with Axl Rose

Abu Dhabi won’t be your first taste of a Formula 1 race – didn’t you attend the Brazilian GP in 2016?

We were in the middle of a tour of Brazil and Mercedes invited us to come and watch the São Paulo GP. We didn’t need much convincing. Myself and Slash are total petrol heads.

Do you remember who won?

Of course I do – Lewis Hamilton won it. He’s done some great things in the sport and he’s one to watch in Abu Dhabi.

So you’re a real F1 fan then?

Totally – I have so much respect for those guys and what they do. I love watching it – I’ve been to the Brazilian, Malaysian, and British Grands Prix and now we’re all looking forward to Abu Dhabi.

Have you ever played in the region before?

We played in Dubai last year and it will be one of those performances that I will always remember. The crowd had so much energy – they were amazing – but it was the journey to the stadium that really sticks with me. There was an accident so we were stuck in traffic that literally wasn’t moving. The driver went off road and we got stuck in the sand – so we had the full proper UAE desert experience.

You have a long-standing friendship with a former F1 Champion, Kimi Räikkönen. Can you tell us more about him?

We’ve known each other a lot of years now. I think it was in 2006 when he invited me to be his guest at the British Grand Prix. He’s a great guy, a great driver, and we always have a lot of fun when we hang out.

GNR has been headlining and playing stadiums all over the world for over 30 years now – and you’re considered to be one of the greatest frontmen ever. But who do you think deserves that accolade?

For me, it’s easy – Queen is the greatest band and Freddie [Mercury] is the greatest frontman of all time. The band are the greatest because they embraced so many different styles.

You have been playing live for so long.Is there anywhere left you haven’t played?

We’ve toured the world a few times over, but there are always places where we still haven’t performed. We played Iceland for the first time this year and we’re playing Hawaii for the first time this December – there are always places left to go.

Out of all the cities you have played in across the world, which is your favourite?

New York will always be special for me. When we were in LA we were playing the Hollywood club scene, but New York is where we wanted to be. We have done so many performances there over the years – the city holds a lot of memories.

Talk to us about Vegas. You’ve had some epic shows there, including one where you were wheeled out in a wheelchair after breaking your foot…

Vegas is a cool place. In the years when people thought I wasn’t doing much, I spent a lot of time in Vegas. Not partying or gambling – just walking around at night people watching. We have played a lot there – we had a residency there. I’m sure we’ll be back.

http://atlas.etihad.com/trackside-with-axl-rose/

24 minutes ago, holymntn said:

Three separate threads started by auad for quotes pulled from one interview. Now it's just getting sad.

THANK YOU!  Jesus Christ, I thought I was the only one who noticed he does that.  I mean, I create a shitpost every few days sometimes, but he literally will post like 3 threads a day, and just copy/pastes shit.  Like in this one, he can't even be bothered to tidy up the formatting.  

We're just lucky that he's not posting his guitar playing in this forum.  He really likes to promote the fact he plays open mics.  

3 minutes ago, deelowbrown said:

Auad.....just post more tits and perhaps the birthday posts will be less stressful on some?

Yeah...maybe you’re right...

some like you and me try to collaborate here and give life to this place ... but others, as idiots that are, only know how to complain.

1 hour ago, auad said:

@GUNNER...buddy, you authorize me to post photos of me playing guitar, or who knows, a video?

Sure.

11 hours ago, auad said:

some like you and me try to collaborate here and give life to this place ... but others, as idiots that are, only know how to complain.

Fuck you, you created 3 separate threads for the same interview.  It's called spam you fernando worshipper. 

14 hours ago, auad said:

Study hard, young auad. You'll crack an IQ in the double digits one of these days.

8 hours ago, bring back izzy said:

Fuck you, you created 3 separate threads for the same interview.  It's called spam you fernando worshipper. 

Ok Buddy! This is already past. JB and I have already created at least 4 new threads since then ... and we're looking forward to your entries.

8 hours ago, holymntn said:

Study hard, young auad. You'll crack an IQ in the double digits one of these days.

?

I didn't mention you man.

What I said was clearly to BBI.

Hey @John Bonham, feel free to delete this topic. It's bothering some.

Edited by auad