auad

Dave Grohl is Shit

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuwthwmHOwLwAAPCqZtcJ

I always thought Grohl is shit. Exhibitionist convinced egocentric, without talent, musician without soul. He needs to get involved with everything and everyone.
I hate FF and everything he's involved with. I never understood or accepted the Hype.
The luck of his life was to have been part of Nirvana. That simple.
For him to be something, Cobain is missing from his side.

131009-Nirvana-640x426.jpg

This guy said all I think about Grohl:

Do not believe the hype. My life over the last two decades has been swamped with people spouting weak-assed crap like “I don’t want to say Dave Grohl is shit because it ain’t up to me to tell others how to live their lives”. Damn straight. It AIN’T up to you to tell others how to live. You so scared of being thought out-of-touch that you can’t even figure out what you like yourself, though? You so scared of being viewed as opinionated or nasty or close-minded (shudder) a critic that you can’t state your own opinions loud and clear, though? DAVE GROHL IS SHIT.

He’s a beardy smiley bland comfort zone for people who just need some reassurance in their lives, and have no expectations beyond the promise of the new Wolverine film next year, a smiley retro sweep of pre-digested emotion whose primary concern is not LURVE or LIFE or…wait, why am I even discussing the streaming revenue with you? Dave Grohl is shit. You don’t need to be outrageous to say this, you do not need to be cowed. You don’t need to be a narcissist, you don’t need to be a nobody. Dave Grohl is shit. You don’t need to listen to Foo Fighters or work out to them down the football stadium or listen to their legion of desperate fans to realise this, just read the apologetic commentary from those too afraid to state the fact (and still think that somehow it’s OK he’s shit cos he’s “such a nice guy”), the apoplectic commentary from those who think they’re Making A Statement by coming out against them, the yawning knee-less praise from those whose idea of a varied and worldly musical taste means including a David Bowie album on their playlist of Coldplay, U2, The Killers, Marilyn Manson and (shudder) Foo Fighters.

Look at the way he looks. Not so much a rock star as an exercise in hair conditioner. Dave Grohl is shit. How many times do I need to say this before you start listening? Hey, why not start listening? Just cos you’ve only heard a handful of songs in your life does not mean that no alternatives exist. Dave Grohl is shit. Do not be scared of the crowd. Has it not occurred to you that the crowd can be wrong sometimes? Dave Grohl is shit. The idea of listening to his music drives me to extremes of nothing. Dave Grohl is shit. Shout it from the tops of buses and shout it from street corners. He is dreary, whiny, derivative, needless, grey. Dave Grohl is shit. He makes Chris Martin sound like Beyoncé. Flaunt the bump/don’t flaunt the bump/FLAUNT THE BUMP! He makes Ed Sheeran shine with an inner fire. He puts Theresa May into perspective.

He is shit. He is crap. He is the shit in the middle of crap. His emotion is not his. It’s empty, big washes of guitar-driven bombastic nothingness. Dave Grohl is shit. The loudest boy in a room of one. Useless shit that pervades the world with the smell of uncritical acceptance. Smiley shit. Bouncy shit. Bearded shit. Dave Grohl is shit. He is one more commodity, just one more commodity. Shit. Less than nothing. Shit. Lifestyle choice for the folk who think someone else is cutting edge. Shit. An approximation of music that does not bother to capture the spark that can make music so special, so magical, so special. Just an approximation of an approximation. The boy next door, with a drum kit and a sound purloined from the past. Half-assed subcultural appropriation.

I eat at home. My nights are filled with splendour and children. Dave Grohl is shit. And that shit is everywhere.

http://drownedinsound.com/in_depth/4151293-everett-true--dave-grohl-is-shit

Edited by auad

I didn’t like Nirvana and I only listen to two Foo Fighters songs - Best of Me and Evermore. 

But he seems to be extremely hard working, other musicians seem like really like him. And you might “luck” out to hit it big in one band....but to be a drummer who starts a second band, where you sing, and then lead that band to being one of the biggest rock bands in the world? Nobody “lucks” out twice at that level. 

I don’t care for either band. But to deny his ability and talent is silly. 

I'm just grateful OP gave us an opinionated write-up and not some linked GNR related spam nobody on the forum cares about. 

One small step for man. One giant leap for auad.

6 hours ago, arnold layne said:

I'm just grateful OP gave us an opinionated write-up and not some linked GNR related spam nobody on the forum cares about. 

One small step for man. One giant leap for auad.

could you translate this for me @GUNNER?

Dave Grohl was shit even when he was in Nirvana. His shit hair and that goofball smile while Kurt was singing about offing himself.

Objective twat.

4 hours ago, auad said:

could you translate this for me @GUNNER?

Dave Troll used to be an idiot but since he is friend with Axel he is ok in my book.

I liked his drumming in Nirvana. A real heavy hitter. Afterwards he turned into a Nickelback type of rock singer. Kurt would be ashamed. 

6 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

What's wrong with you guys

I remember returning my ticket when I knew Gn'R had canceled the show and FF were the replacements.

What an idiot.

Grohl has turned into what he used to make fun of: corporate rock.  His music is predictable.  And he acts like he's this missionary for rock n roll.  I agree he milked his Nirvana time for everything it's worth.  I'm not a big foo fighters fan.  It just sound formulaic and unoriginal, like half baked 90s alternative tryhard.

I like his drumming though.  Nirvana had one or two previous drummers.  

They came through town a few weeks back. Buddy offered me a free ticket. 

Not a huge fan of theirs, but if they come in the radio, I don’t turn the channel.

i do have to say that it was an amazing concert. They put on a helluva show. 2.5 hrs of straight up rock n roll.

no complaints about the guy or the band from me

6 hours ago, John Bonham said:

What's wrong with you guys

People just love to hate on anybody successful. It’s odd. 

Like I said. Not a fan of either band. But to say the guy isn’t talented? That’s just dumb. You don’t become a member of two of the biggest bands in the world if you are a crappy musician. 

Compare his career and Axl’s. What did they accomplish after their first band broke up? 

Axl kept the GnR name/brand and released one album that couldn’t even top the Billboard album chart. 

Dave started a brand new band that went on to have six platinum albums. Two that went to number one, two went to #2 and two that peaked at #3. 

Axl had to bring back Slash and Duff to be relevant again. 

wholly irrelevant to nirvana's success

the 8 good songs that the foo fighters have aren't enough to justify his status as millennial rock jesus

I've always liked nirvana and still really like it, but that does not stop me from finding this guy a pain in the ass.

I like a handful of FF songs.  They're OK.

Dude doesn't bother me at all.  He's harmless.   Weird to see people get that worked up over him and go on spergy rants.

Drummer Matt prefers life on the edge to Foo Fighters’ “really nice” approach

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
null

Former Guns n’Roses man Matt Sorum has admitted he loved the dangerous aspect of life with the band.

And the drummer prefers that kind of experience over the safer approach of groups like the Foo Fighters.

He was a member of Axl Rose’s outfit from 1990 to 1997 and he’s currently working with supergroup Kings Of Chaos.

Sorum tells the Windsor Star: “It’s been a bit of a wild ride – but at the same time, I don’t know if I would have wanted it any other way.

“I see bands with lead singers who are really nice, squeaky clean, and I don’t feel I’m getting that wild rock’n’roll sensibility that I want.

“I love Dave Grohl. But he’s a drummer who got out front with a guitar. Is there any danger in it? Not really. If you see a Foo Fighters show everyone’s going to go home and say, ‘Wow, that was a really nice show.’

“Not everything went perfect in any of the bands I’ve been in – but I know one thing: people on their way home were going, ‘Holy shit, what was that?’”

Sorum describes his time in GnR as “like watching somebody else’s movie” and adds: “Was I really there or was it some sort of warped dream? The whole things was surreal.

“I felt like I really had no control over where I was going. It was scary at times – super highs, super lows. I look at all of that and I’m just happy we’re all still alive.”

http://www.loudersound.com/news/guns-roses-matt-sorum-loved-the-danger-foo-fighters