Greta Van Fleet have more Grammys than fat Axl Rose :lol:

While Red Panda eat tacos 🌮...

Rock N 'Roll moves on!

16 minutes ago, sixes said:

Their SNL appearance was the total shits

It was great :lolzers:

Edited by auad

12 hours ago, Donald Trump said:

How popular are Spinal Tap in Brazil? They put Greta Van Sheet to shame.

GVF Brazil shows...next month...SOLD OUT!

In any  case, I will listen to some ST.

thanks

Edited by auad

I kinda find them insulting. The instrumentals are great but the singer is incredibly pretentious and the fact they are almost entirely copying how Zeppelin dressed in the late 60s/very early 70s makes them cringey. I also hate the singer's voice.

When GNR came out they too were derivative but they were a mishmash of many different styles of rock and their image, and Axl's persona and stage prancing was his own thing.  GNR fused a lot of 70s elements and updated it for the 80s. They were old but contemporary. Greta Van Fleet just sounds like late 60s rock that happened to be recorded now.

1 hour ago, Miser said:

I kinda find them insulting. The instrumentals are great but the singer is incredibly pretentious and the fact they are almost entirely copying how Zeppelin dressed in the late 60s/very early 70s makes them cringey. I also hate the singer's voice.

When GNR came out they too were derivative but they were a mishmash of many different styles of rock and their image, and Axl's persona and stage prancing was his own thing.  GNR fused a lot of 70s elements and updated it for the 80s. They were old but contemporary. Greta Van Fleet just sounds like late 60s rock that happened to be recorded now.

pretension is necessary if you want your work to be known by many people.

listen to more GVF.
they are fucking great!

GNR's era has passed.

On 2/22/2019 at 2:05 PM, auad said:

pretension is necessary if you want your work to be known by many people.

listen to more GVF.
they are fucking great!

GNR's era has passed.

Every single rock band that ever meant anything didn't do it by pretending to be another band. I'm not denying the band is talented but do they have to copy Led Zeppelin in style and substance? The guy is like doing a young Robert Plant impersonation. Like, Axl as a younger singer could sing like Robert if he really wanted to do but he instead put his own stamp on his vocal stylings; the singer of GVF just copies even the techniques Robert used.

1 minute ago, I_Are_ess said:

This. I was checking them out and kinda just wanted zep2

What do you mean by wanting Zep2?

I think if a band was gonna copy Zeppelin, it would be cool if they copied not the early hungry Zeppelin (since EVERYONE in the 80s and 90s did that to some extent), but copied and improved on where Zep was headed on the last record. Now, see, that would be interesting IMO and take a level of creativity. 

3 minutes ago, Miser said:

What do you mean by wanting Zep2?

I think if a band was gonna copy Zeppelin, it would be cool if they copied not the early hungry Zeppelin (since EVERYONE in the 80s and 90s did that to some extent), but copied and improved on where Zep was headed on the last record. Now, see, that would be interesting IMO and take a level of creativity. 

As in Led_Zeppelin_-_Led_Zeppelin_II.jpg

I think the well ran dry but the mantle could be picked up forsure. I'd like to hear it 

2 minutes ago, I_Are_ess said:

As in Led_Zeppelin_-_Led_Zeppelin_II.jpg

I think the well ran dry but the mantle could be picked up forsure. I'd like to hear it 

Listen to this song, which was recorded during the 78 Out Door sessions but for whatever reason left on the floor. So much fucking potential:

Looks like

On 2/24/2019 at 11:05 AM, Miser said:

The theft of the image really irks me

gettyimages-1047044334.jpg

this fucker is the love child of ellen and richard simmons

EllenDegeneres.jpg?impolicy=nbc_com&imwirichard-simmons-portrait-session-810x609