Sign in to follow this  
auad

Greta Van Fleet

Cringe rock.  I can't even look at the screen watching these kids prance around thinking they're Led Zep.   It's embarrassing as fuck.

How dare those damn kids have any fun on stage!!!

How do you know when you have officially became your parents? When you start complaining about the younger generation and their music. 

6 minutes ago, Skeeter said:

How dare those damn kids have any fun on stage!!!

How do you know when you have officially became your parents? When you start complaining about the younger generation and their music. 

Listen to it loud:

At my last band practice someone played their performance of 'When The Curtain Falls' from some late night show. Holy fuck, it was hilariously bad. Not only does the singer sound like an awful Plant impersonator, he talks with a British accent during the slow part of the song. Fuck off, Greta Van Fleet, you're from Detroit. :lol:

5 hours ago, Donald Trump said:

These guys prove that rock is a dead genre. They make Wolfmother sound good.

Give them a second listen.

GVF Rocks! Wolfmother is good as well...Also you could try to listen Rival Sons, Black Pistol Fire, Royal Blood...many good artists out there.

Edited by auad

5 hours ago, auad said:

Give them a second listen.

GVF Rocks! Wolfmother is good as well...Also you could try to listen Rival Sons, Black Pistol Fire, Royal Blood...many good artists out there.

Spoken like a true Brazilian. Was Guns N' Roses the first rock band whose music made it to South America? 

On 1/12/2019 at 3:52 PM, Skeeter said:

I am not sure that statement applies in the same way anymore. In the past the older generation was hating on new music that was done in a style that hadn't exactly been done before. Hating on Greta Van Fleet is like hating on a cover band of your parents' or grandparents' music. Elvis was different than Sinatra. The Beatles were different than Elvis. Led Zeppelin was different than The Beatles. The Sex Pistols were different than Led Zeppelin. Things are stagnant now in rock and pop. Rap is still going anew. I will take the "being my parents" rap for hating on Drake, Migos, and Future. Maybe you have to be raised on pharmaceutical antidepressants to like that shit? The kids deserve a better class of music and drugs.

13 hours ago, Donald Trump said:

These guys prove that rock is a dead genre. They make Wolfmother sound good.

Wolfmother`s debut is ten thousand times better than Greta Van Shit.

17 hours ago, Donald Trump said:

I am not sure that statement applies in the same way anymore. In the past the older generation was hating on new music that was done in a style that hadn't exactly been done before. Hating on Greta Van Fleet is like hating on a cover band of your parents' or grandparents' music. Elvis was different than Sinatra. The Beatles were different than Elvis. Led Zeppelin was different than The Beatles. The Sex Pistols were different than Led Zeppelin. Things are stagnant now in rock and pop. Rap is still going anew. I will take the "being my parents" rap for hating on Drake, Migos, and Future. Maybe you have to be raised on pharmaceutical antidepressants to like that shit? The kids deserve a better class of music and drugs.

*standing applause*

I find myself conflicted on a band like GVF.  Do they suck?  No.  Would I pay money to see them?  No. 

Am I glad that kids perhaps can relate to them and may try to play an instrument or explore other rock bands based on exposure to GVF?  Hell yes.

The remind me of dio era rainbow but like not as great. 

They are ok. 

I'd not go see them unless there was a significant up in the quality of his vocal. I can Imagine him being patchy live.

26 minutes ago, I_Are_ess said:

The remind me of dio era rainbow but like not as great. 

They are ok. 

I'd not go see them unless there was a significant up in the quality of his vocal. I can Imagine him being patchy live.

I'm trying to work out if the lead singer is a chick with an afro or a male with low testosterone. Anyone help?

"They sound like Led Zeppelin"

Ok, well Zep isn't doing anything so it gets me my fix.

13 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

"They sound like Led Zeppelin"

Ok, well Zep isn't doing anything so it gets me my fix.